We always knew it would end up like this eventually | Syracusefan.com

We always knew it would end up like this eventually

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
We all knew/know this was going to end poorly on the court. Precedent also says it ends ugly off the court, we are half-way there and I don't think any of us are truthfully surprised. Two more years and hope the AD is as good as some think. I'm not confident.

I was a toddler in the 80s when I began loving SU and Jim Boeheim. He is literally a connection to my childhood and many fond memories. The saying "all good things come to an end" is unfortunately true, and we have to come to grips with it at some point. I will always appreciate everything JB has done for SU and for this town, but we can't just blindly accept the current results we're seeing from this program and give him a pass just because it's him. I'm at the point now where I realize change beginning with him is needed if this sinking ship will ever be rescued. This three-more-years to coach Buddy thing is a joke and should have no bearing on what the AD should be deciding up there. He needs to do what is right for the program, not JB.

How many years ago did Indiana get rid of their legendary coach? Not that that departure took place under the same circumstances, but it's not like the program died. Why continue to see this free fall escalate, and put a stop to it now? I don't understand.

I was a toddler in the 80s when I began loving SU and Jim Boeheim. He is literally a connection to my childhood and many fond memories. The saying "all good things come to an end" is unfortunately true, and we have to come to grips with it at some point. I will always appreciate everything JB has done for SU and for this town, but we can't just blindly accept the current results we're seeing from this program and give him a pass just because it's him. I'm at the point now where I realize change beginning with him is needed if this sinking ship will ever be rescued. This three-more-years to coach Buddy thing is a joke and should have no bearing on what the AD should be deciding up there. He needs to do what is right for the program, not JB.

How many years ago did Indiana get rid of their legendary coach? Not that that departure took place under the same circumstances, but it's not like the program died. Why continue to see this free fall escalate, and put a stop to it now? I don't understand.
Indiana's program kind of died, comparatively speaking. But I definitely understand your frustration. We have been fortunate to live through a great stretch (and I have had about ten more years than you.)

This is definitely a tough time to watch Syracuse sports. I choose to be optimistic, but it certainly isn't easy. The toughest part for me is to see our obvious physical challenges. Penn State made our players look like a high school team in terms of size. Watkins outweighs Sidibe by 50 pounds on paper, but looked about 100 pounds bigger in person...and the weight isn't body fat.

At some point, Wildhack has just got to pull the bandaid off and be a man and make a change. JB has to swallow his pride and realize it’s time to go.

JB thinks he is the solution not the problem. There is zero chance he goes out on his own accord, especially while Buddy has eligibility. This is going to get extremely ugly regardless if he stays or is forced out.

JB thinks he is the solution not the problem. There is zero chance he goes out on his own accord, especially while Buddy has eligibility. This is going to get extremely ugly regardless if he stays or is forced out.

There is no way in hell they force JB out until Buddy graduates.
No way in hell.
No way in hell JB leaves on his own until Buddy graduates.
No way in hell.
It won't matter no matter how many games we lose or what our record is

No way in hell.
No way in hell.

Yep the administration had its chance to push JB out when the last round of sanctions came down and instead they wimped out and put in that stupid coach in waiting crap. Too bad JB didn’t even want to adhere to that and Hop bailed. Here we are in year number six of bubble/NIT/quite possibly neither hell

You make it sound like it's Saddam and Uday Hussein. Boeheim could retire at the end of the year and Buddy can transfer to Cornell if necessary.

You make it sound like it's Saddam and Uday Hussein. Boeheim could retire at the end of the year and Buddy can transfer to Cornell if necessary.
That’s about as likely as JB joining the Associated Press and Buddy enlisting in the Marine Corps.

By the way Im a huge JB fan. I’m just stating what I think is likely to occur. So chill out with the Hussein garbage.

No way in hell.
No way in hell.
Watch - Buddy will take a redshirt next season.

Shawn Michaels to Booker T, “I thought to myself, well...Yooooouuu’re the prooooooblem” following sweet chin music out of nowhere, kicking him out of the NWO.

That’s the only solution at this point.

7:40 mark

Legends that have so much success in one place shouldn't get cast aside when it's clear that recruiting is suffering and the record might be better with a change

We just have to accept all this, the only other way is to force out someone who has given us so much. That is gross and I don't want to do that

I'm just going to hope they shoot well enough to get some wins and turn off the games where teams that lift weights once in a while murder us

Last edited:
Yeah thats kind of where im at too...if its painful and not fun to watch i'll just shut it off and find something better to do. I cant change it or do anything about it so might as well accept it and move on until and hopefully it gets fun again

Hang in there. It’s probably going to be a few seasons before the program gets back on track. It would be sad to see JB go out without a winning season.

I sort of get what you're saying, but honestly who wants to see Willie Mays in a Mets uniform, Steve Carlton in a Twins uniform, or Michael Jordan in a Wizards uniform?
Are we going to see boeheim in a Georgetown uniform?

It's going to drag out because of buddy but what can you do, I still like him as a player

I agree that it would be gross to force Jimmy out, but this decline is not a one or two bad season deal. It has been gradually getting progressively worse for around five seasons. IMHO, a deal should be reached w Jimmy whereby he gets two seasons until buddy graduates and then he needs to admit it is time for him to retire gracefully and with honors.

I agree that it would be gross to force Jimmy out, but this decline is not a one or two bad season deal. It has been gradually getting progressively worse for around five seasons. IMHO, a deal should be reached w Jimmy whereby he gets two seasons until buddy graduates and then he needs to admit it is time for him to retire gracefully and with honors.
I think that is everyone's assumption of when he'll hang it up

I sort of get what you're saying, but honestly who wants to see Willie Mays in a Mets uniform, Steve Carlton in a Twins uniform, or Michael Jordan in a Wizards uniform?
That's a great analogy. Very few players and coaches leave at the right time. JAB is probably thinking that if he still has a few NBA players and still has a winning season and makes the NCAA's then why quit. This year could change that.

Speaking as someone who witnessed all of that firsthand, it makes it no easier to see that scenario being played out up on the Hill. Here's hoping Buddy graduates early.

Yeah thats kind of where im at too...if its painful and not fun to watch i'll just shut it off and find something better to do. I cant change it or do anything about it so might as well accept it and move on until and hopefully it gets fun again
Wow, that's big of you.
We all want to be winners, but some of us are SU fans to the core.

Speaking as someone who witnessed all of that firsthand, it makes it no easier to see that scenario being played out up on the Hill. Here's hoping Buddy graduates early.
Buddy is only 7 games into his sophomore season. You don't think he will be significantly better as a jr and sr? He has already shown that he can be a long range 3 point shooter, over 40% from 3 in ACC play last year. Give the guy a break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom