We Can Still Be Great | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We Can Still Be Great

I'm just in a "no excuses" mood re: the SU basketball team. We have a talented, experienced team who needs to go get the job done on Wednesday. Tyus needs to play like a first-team All-American, Frank needs to run our offense like we all know he's capable of, and Oshae needs to shoot a higher field goal percentage than a drunk girl playing darts.

I can't handle being in this massive NCAA resume hole before the New Year for the 5th consecutive year. If we beat Ohio State and Buffalo, we're 100% back in business. I don't about sanctions or injuries or that it's the other team's "Super Bowl" or officiating from 2012, just score more points than the Buckeyes on Wednesday. That's it.

I don't want to have to watch Selection Sunday this year with the anxiety of Ed Harris at the end of Apollo 13. To quote him, I honestly think this game is going to be our finest hour (so far this year).

Last edited:
I can't get too excited about the level of play until the conference season starts.

Should Tyus and OB be playing at a higher level now? Yes, especially OB, who seems to be pressing a little too much. But Frank isn't going to be game ready much before the ACC season.

That doesn't mean this team can't play better than they have. Certainly we should be expecting muich more from our centers. And Marek needs to take a few more shots and keep on doing the intangibles that he does. Hughes will continue to get steadier with more game time.

Guys coming off the bench need to step up their games or find themselves getting more pine time.

They'll be good (great?) hopefully by the first of the year.

I expect to win tomorrow. The season starts now as we are back at full strength. No more excuses for Brissett or Battle. If Brissett starts bricking shots again put Carey in and move Tyus to sf.

A road win vs. a top 25 tOSU will cleanse all sins from MSG.

I expect to win tomorrow. The season starts now as we are back at full strength. No more excuses for Brissett or Battle. If Brissett starts bricking shots again put Carey in and move Tyus to sf.

I really hope so. Or else the team just isn’t as talented as we thought. We must remember that the offense was a dumpster fire last season and how much better is/will it be now? To a barely serrviceable level or something decent which is what we should expect at the very least from a program of this caliber? I think this is a bad matchup from a quickness standpoint and with how many good guards they have. Hope I’m wrong but I’m like Eric. Can’t afford to crap the bed more in the non-conf anymore.

Last edited:
I really hope so. Or else the team just isn’t as talented as we thought. We must remember that the offense was a dumpster fire last season and how much better is/will it be now? To a barely serrviceable level or something decent which is what we should expect at the very least from a program of this caliber? I think this is a bad matchup from a quickness standpoint and with how many good guards they have. Hope I’m wrong but I’m like Eric. Can’t afford to crap the bed more in the non-conf anymore.
I think the talent has been a tad over hyped., and I too don't like this match-up at all. Hoping I'm wrong.

I think the talent has been a tad over hyped., and I too don't like this match-up at all. Hoping I'm wrong.

This is college. Players are supposed to progressively improve.

The 2012-13 Nova team that stunk had a bunch of players that ended up winning a title.

Jury's out what happens this year, but I don't remember us having a bunch of guys come back and us having a worse season.

Or Wednesday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom