we dodged a bullet | Syracusefan.com

we dodged a bullet

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
we were begging wake to win this game, especially in the 1st half, they just couldnt make a shot. in the 2nd half every time they got close or a made a little run and the crowd got into it they'd brick a 3. ennis finally said "ok if you guys dont want it i might as well win it".

and we still covered lol

we were begging wake to win this game, especially in the 1st half, they just couldnt make a shot. in the 2nd half every time they got close or a made a little run and the crowd got into it they'd brick a 3. ennis finally said "ok if you guys dont want it i might as well win it".

and we still covered lol
How about we played great defense and shut them down in the first half.

phil-hellmuth-interview-professional-poker-player-thumb.jpg

they had some good looks from 3, they just couldnt hit anything. we were sleepwalking through most of that game, wake just sucked.

and we still covered lol
Did you notice that we also couldn't make a shot in the first half - pretty much evened out

why show that asshat?
Whenever I hear 'dodged a bullet' I think of him. Sorry you are so sensitive, and also to the people who liked your response. Jeezum crow.

worst reffed game of the season. we are up by 7-8 most of the second half. And the refs got them to the line on 4-5 bad calls. We got a few in our favor including one off xmas down the stretch. But, I felt but this one had 5-8 more bad calls then usual in their favor putting it to about 10-15 in their favor instead of 4-9.

Also we should have been up 7-10 at half not 3, someone missed 2 freethrows and another guy the front end of a one and one to end the half. Then on top of that they hit the big 3 to cut it to 3 because we shot to early in the clock to end the half.

Factor that in and how we came out at halftime and we could have been up by 11-13 instead of 7-8 most of the second half. Thats not dodging a bullet. We did shoot poorly but our strategy wasn't the best at times either.

CJ and Ennis stepping up to score in isolation early is so key when Cooney or Grant aren't making shots off motion and screens. That didn't happen today.

Last edited:
Whenever I hear 'dodged a bullet' I think of him. Sorry you are so sensitive.
I have actually played against that @sshole. Total jerk.

I wonder if at any point people will realize the reason all teams seem to "suck" when we play them is because we play excellent, disruptive defensive.

normally i agree, but tonite i really think the biggest reason we won is wake just sucked.

we did not play great defense. on inbounds play after inbounds play they had wide open threes..time after time..which they bricked. we did nothing well this game other than block shots and rebound. that is enough to beat that crap team.

:noidea:
The first half was bizarre - Wake should have been up at least 10 in the first 10 minutes but then we should have been up at least 10 at halftime.
Horrendous shooting by both teams and painfully inconsistent refereeing made this one fugly game.
But aside from the little burst they had to make it go from an 8pt lead to a 3pt lead, I don't think Wake ever really threatened us in the 2nd half.
Seemed pretty clear to me that tonight JB was willing to give them those looks from 3 until they started hitting some.

we did not play great defense. on inbounds play after inbounds play they had wide open threes..time after time..which they bricked. we did nothing well this game other than block shots and rebound. that is enough to beat that crap team.
A crap team that was unbeaten at home. We did more than just show up. Do we have to play better, yes. But you don't win by accident.

worst reffed game of the season. we are up by 7-8 most of the second half. And the refs got them to the line on 4-5 bad calls. We got a few in our favor including one off xmas down the stretch. But, I felt but this one had 5-8 more bad calls then usual in their favor putting it to about 10-15 in their favor instead of 4-9.

Also we should have been up 7-10 at half not 3, someone missed 2 freethrows and another guy the front end of a one and one to end the half. Then on top of that they hit the big 3 to cut it to 3 because we shot to early in the clock to end the half.

Factor that in and how we came out at halftime and we could have been up by 11-13 instead of 7-8 most of the second half. Thats not dodging a bullet. We did shoot poorly but our strategy wasn't the best at times either.

CJ and Ennis stepping up to score in isolation early is so key when Cooney or Grant aren't making shots off motion and screens. That didn't happen today.

Amen on the way the end of the 1st half went down. We had possession with a 6 point lead and I remember thinking we're going in up 8 or 9 and before I knew it it was a 3 point game.

and we still covered lol

It's always better to beg them to win in the first half rather than the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom