we dodged a bullet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

we dodged a bullet

LOL only to my mom. I am a very good player and have fun. I make $$ every year but small time. I do have some great stories however. I won't be quiting my day job.

I'm a huge poker fan and watch the WSOP whenever it's on. I remember one time Hellmuth was being his usual meathead self at the table - at one point he wins a hand and screams "YES!" and fist pumps. Some random non-pro asks him, "first time winning a hand?" and everyone cracked up. It was so simple, but so hysterical.

I'm a huge poker fan and watch the WSOP whenever it's on. I remember one time Hellmuth was being his usual meathead self at the table - at one point he wins a hand and screams "YES!" and fist pumps. Some random non-pro asks him, "first time winning a hand?" and everyone cracked up. It was so simple, but so hysterical.
a friend of mine was playing against Hellmueth's good friend Mike the mouth, and Mike caught a card on the river to win about $40,000 from my friend. To Mike the mouth, probably not a big deal. To my friend, the most he ever lost on a hand. Mike instead of being a good winner, looks at my friend and calls him the worst name you can call a woman. No reason for it. And Mike got lucky to win the hand.

We were up 5 and the ball at the under 4 minute TV time out.

You really could have gone to sleep then if you had to, the game was wrapped up.

If that is dodging a bullet, what exactly is going to qualify as a comfortable win?

why show that asshat?

His famous quote is, "I can dodge bullets, baby!" I'm a poker player myself, and yes, he's an asshat. He does a lot of charity work; but other than that, Hellmuth is a tool.

normally i agree, but tonite i really think the biggest reason we won is wake just sucked.

Know what usually makes other teams suck? The team they're playing against.

So? I tend to think most professional poker players are.

That's not true IMO. I've played with numerous pros who are very nice guys. True some guys are but it's like that in all walks of life. I find many poker players and pros to be very charitable and generally cool.

Sick brag here: I played with the guy who won this past year's WSOP Main Event, Ryan Reiss, about 10 months before he won the Main. I cashed in a tournament he was in, Played with him for about an hour and a half and knocked him out of the tournament. He was a very nice guy and was not famous at that point but had already come in 2nd in a WSOP Circuit event for about $250k. He went to Michigan State and we talked sports most of the time. He was very low-key but cool.

I still hope to pull together some sort of syracusefan.com poker tourney (maybe 1/2 the proceeds could go to charity?). Logistically, it would be hard to pull off.

dasher said:
yeah. for the most part you are correct.
You should talk to my brother (who also posts). Huge poker player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom