We got a roster !!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We got a roster !!!

He wasn't originally, but someone in SUAD fixed it.

What? SUAD screwed up something regarding a player's name??

63594749.jpg

So - some positive gains outta some of the young'uns.

Nice to see Benson up to 240 - that's legit TE weight, and with his speed - WHOA NELLIE!!
(now we just need to throw the damn ball to the TE's :rolleyes: )

Thought Garth Barclay would be a perpetual OL project, but he's at 290 now, at 6'7".

All of the incoming Frosh OL already have pretty respectable weights, 275-295 range.
Solid! (literally!)

Bleich at 320 is a very large human.
Ellis at 6'6" 365 is a mountain of a man.

Rob Hanna is the Taj of DB's - 6' and 170 is skinny.
Eat a sammich, young man!!

So nice to see that the vast majority of our DB's are 6' or taller, and the handful of "shorter" guys are 5'11' or 5'10'.
No more spunky Liliputians getting run over by FSU's pro-size WR's.

Agree. I thought that was a name we were counting on after this season. Weird that it says he left the team in the fall, and he never popped up on the transfer portal radar?

Perhaps he wasn't a scheme fit anymore and decided to leave like Munoz and Dawson

I know he was a walk-on but too bad the Ja'Tarie Washington kid is no longer on the team, I thought he could be pretty good down the line once he recovered from injury(hopefully he can still recover and be successful elsewhere)

Biggest thing that sticks out to me are the o-line weights. Barclay up to 290! Cruz coming in at 295! And our 2 Hawaiian guys are big mofos, 365 is a little heavy, try to get him down to 340 but he’s a mauler from the videos I remember seeing. I really like the future of the o-line tbh. I think we have some players there. I really like our receivers we brought in this year too, I think one of them makes a big splash year 1. Also watch out for Simmons the kid from New Mexico State. I think he plays a lot of downs for us this year.

The WR group is a big question mark for me. Harris is the clear #1. And Queeley looks like the clear #2, at least based off how he looked last year. For a position with 14 players on the roster, hopefully there are at least 2 guys that step up. Need much more than just Harris and Q, but I see a lot of inexperience in that position.

The running backs are a different story.

Things that stand out to me is how big we are. It took years but Babers has done a great job revamping the roster recruiting size and getting bigger. The youth is all over the place, natural maturity and progression bodes well for the future makeup.
Agree with your point overall, and it is great to see. The one area that continues to stick out to me is the lack of size on the DL. Before the posts and lectures pour in, YES I understand that is by design. YES I understand 3-3-5 prioritizes speed and quickness at the DL. YES, I get all that.

Still concerned about DL play. I think we need a run stuffing 1 tech. I can't dismiss visions of the DL getting manhandled consistently last year in all 4 quarters (yes, more so as the O went 3 and out time after time after time) . I am hopeful that the returning super seniors will in fact make a big difference. I know money3189 has expressed confidence in the DL and I do take comfort in his opinion.

Biggest thing that sticks out to me are the o-line weights. Barclay up to 290! Cruz coming in at 295! And our 2 Hawaiian guys are big mofos, 365 is a little heavy, try to get him down to 340 but he’s a mauler from the videos I remember seeing. I really like the future of the o-line tbh. I think we have some players there. I really like our receivers we brought in this year too, I think one of them makes a big splash year 1. Also watch out for Simmons the kid from New Mexico State. I think he plays a lot of downs for us this year.

and Simmons is only a soph

I know he was a walk-on but too bad the Ja'Tarie Washington kid is no longer on the team, I thought he could be pretty good down the line once he recovered from injury(hopefully he can still recover and be successful elsewhere)

was he ever actually on the team and enrolled?

Agree with your point overall, and it is great to see. The one area that continues to stick out to me is the lack of size on the DL. Before the posts and lectures pour in, YES I understand that is by design. YES I understand 3-3-5 prioritizes speed and quickness at the DL. YES, I get all that.

Still concerned about DL play. I think we need a run stuffing 1 tech. I can't dismiss visions of the DL getting manhandled consistently last year in all 4 quarters (yes, more so as the O went 3 and out time after time after time) . I am hopeful that the returning super seniors will in fact make a big difference. I know money3189 has expressed confidence in the DL and I do take comfort in his opinion.

agree 100%. I think I was trying to put that out of sight out of mind.

Reactions: 007
was he ever actually on the team and enrolled?
good question, I know he was supposed to be coming here as a walk on, but not sure if he ever actually enrolled officially.

Little concerned of the size of the guards beside bleech and Davis.
Concerned that Jonathan is not bigger at DE. Black and Bear look good. Also lack of depth is concerning.
TE looks good if we decide to ever use them. Mang is huge if he can show hands. Benson great size.
Lutz is up to 210. Bigger than Howard.
LB looks good.

AngryOtto I'll admit it, I was wrong yesterday.

Eric Slater - R-Sr DL. 6'2", 230. Lehigh Grad Transfer, had 4 sacks in 2019 and has made 48 career tackles. Was a Journalism major in undergrad, attending Newhouse now.
Actually I was really hoping we would have brought in another guard and T. However we will roll with what we have.

Perhaps he wasn't a scheme fit anymore and decided to leave like Munoz and Dawson

Could be. I thought he was a bigger guy and could fit at the 3-3-5 DE, but we all know by now that I'm no expert.

I'm more curious how he just disappeared. The transfer portal is the all seeing eye of Sauron.

Little concerned of the size of the guards beside bleech and Davis.
Concerned that Jonathan is not bigger at DE. Black and Bear look good. Also lack of depth is concerning.
TE looks good if we decide to ever use them. Mang is huge if he can show hands. Benson great size.
Lutz is up to 210. Bigger than Howard.
LB looks good.
LB looks thin to me... Freshman will need to step and at least play specials...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom