We have to be ranked after this right, | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We have to be ranked after this right,

Truth be told Michigan looks toast

They are going to be in for a long year.

They will keep them top 25 but it's only a matter of time before they fall out.

I think App State beats Clemson tonight.
Wouldn't that be wonderful? Florida St 0-2, Clemson 0-2, and Notre Dame losing at home to a non power 4 team.

Normally I’d say no, even though being 2-0 and beating a ranked team. Theoretically you should replace a team ranked in the 20-25 area if you beat them and you’re undefeated. Doesn’t always happen though. However, I think people are going to look at the offensive numbers and see how unreal the offense has been in two games. If we are ranked, that’ll be a big reason why. We’ve got a top 25 offense and that’s being conservative.
Before this game, there were 10 or so “ACC power rankings“ from various schools and local papers, espn, and acc “experts”. The highest we were ranked was by Adelson (props to her, at number 7). One had us as low as 15 but most had us still 11 or 12. Yet somehow we were only three-point dogs to the team that was almost unanimously number two after Miami. (if you want to know how team should be ranked, ask Vegas, not the “experts“). Sometimes I think the national rankings from the experts are as useless as the local rankings from homers in local papers. I think our explosiveness on offense makes us no worse than fifth in the ACC at this point. Depending on the results of Nc State, I might only have Miami and perhaps Louisville and Clemson ahead of us but definitely top five in the ACC.

We will be receiving votes. It was nice GT had a ranking so we will have that on our resume all year. It does help with McCord being well known and throwing for over 700 yards.
Looking at some of the preseason quarterback rankings, I find it amusing that McCord was sixth or seventh and DJ and Klubnik were number two and number three. If McCord transferred to either Clemson or Florida State, he would’ve immediately got the street cred that they have. never understood the love for either of them.

We’ll be ranked after 4-0. Maybe 5-0. We really haven’t done anything yet.

Today was a great win but I think we just showed once and for all, FSU isn’t very good this year.

Ranked or not ranked, GT a nice team but certainly not a juggernaut.

Before this game, there were 10 or so “ACC power rankings“ from various schools and local papers, espn, and acc “experts”. The highest we were ranked was by Adelson (props to her, at number 7). One had us as low as 15 but most had us still 11 or 12. Yet somehow we were only three-point dogs to the team that was almost unanimously number two after Miami. (if you want to know how team should be ranked, ask Vegas, not the “experts“). Sometimes I think the national rankings from the experts are as useless as the local rankings from homers in local papers. I think our explosiveness on offense makes us no worse than fifth in the ACC at this point. Depending on the results of Nc State, I might only have Miami and perhaps Louisville and Clemson ahead of us but definitely top five in the ACC.

Emily Leiker of all people was the only homer that picked us to win.

19, 21, 23 and 24 all lost today. Tell me again why we shouldn't be ranked.
Michigan and ND will drop but stay in and Nebraska, Iowa State and BC will move up (they were close in receiving votes group this week's rankings)

Someone needs to Photoshop Fran's head on the meme where Michael Jordan is holding the iPad and says "and I took that personally."
IMG_7545.jpeg

Looking at some of the preseason quarterback rankings, I find it amusing that McCord was sixth or seventh and DJ and Klubnik were number two and number three. If McCord transferred to either Clemson or Florida State, he would’ve immediately got the street cred that they have. never understood the love for either of them.
McCord got absolutely no love, which is ridiculous after you actually get to see him. I'll be honest, I thought he was good, but this has exceeded expectations. He's got an NFL arm and accuracy too boot. Guess that's why he was a 5star :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom