We have to be ranked after this right, | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We have to be ranked after this right,

If we won by 17 we might have taken one of the last spots from GT or MCST. Also would have helped move as an idle next week if we were 26-28. Should get there after Stanford. Wonder if UNLV can get ranked next week Kansas losing makes it less likely but they curb stomped Houston who should have beaten OU.

I think we want to quietly get to the NC State game. National narrative that it’s just a good season bc we lucked into McCord.

Also have to worry about too much buzz and Fran brown having his pick of SEC/BIG jobs. Arkansas Florida UCLA etc.

Quiet? McCord is all over the national shows and write-ups this morning. There's nothing quiet about him and our offense right now. We aren't sneaking up on anyone, so let's bask in our success.

I seriously don't understand some of this thinking.

Quiet? McCord is all over the national shows and write-ups this morning. There's nothing quiet about him and our offense right now. We aren't sneaking up on anyone, so let's bask in our success.

Yeah, we're definitely getting more attention. That's not the issue.

But I agree with others that say we'll be in others receiving votes.

Yeah, we're definitely getting more attention. That's not the issue.

But I agree with others that say we'll be in others receiving votes.

Yeah, I'm not arguing where we will end up today, but fans hoping we don't get in the top 25.

Yeah, I'm not arguing where we will end up today, but fans hoping we don't get in the top 25.

Oh, didn't even catch that part. For the record, I'm perfectly happy being in the top 25 anytime and all the time.

Noone is hoping we stay outside of the top 25 but we have a very road heavy run middle of the season 5/6 games away from the Dome with 2 trips to the West Coast. We should be ranked by UNLV but we don't really need playoff hype until after that one and NC State if we win both.

If by some chance enough teams don't lose and UNLV game has us unranked I think we'd be pretty pissed off overall going into that one.

The conference isn't going to get any respect Clemson and NC State saw to that being humiliated so badly by the SEC. 12 team field is still plenty of room for a second and possibly a third hopefully ND doesn't pick up 5 automatic wins vs the ACC like they do most seasons how many games did they run off in a row against our league before losing to Ville last year 32?

Media love a good story and McCord is a good story if not a fantastic one.

Northern Illinois will be in. I keep seeing them popping up at #23 on voter ballots.

SI is projecting #23. Fox Sports #20. 247 #24. CBSSports #25. On3 #25
Fox Sports' ranking is the most accurate IMO. They dropped Notre Dame out of top 20 unlike most polls still ranked ND about 15th/16th. Fox Sports also includes both SU and BC in, replacing NC State and GA Tech. Other polls have only either BC or SU in. ACC deserves to have five schools in, especially B1G and Big 12 lost so many games on 2nd week.

Yeah agreed. I get the excitement but it's been 2 games. Get to 3-0/4-0 showing continued offensive production and then we can slot into the top 25 and do so showing some steady results. Personally having any Top 25 in place before week 5 seems kind of silly. No one has proven anything week 1.
Syracuse, Illinois, Iowa State, all had similar wins. Why not us? Nebraska looked great against an overrated Colorado team for a half then looked terrible for the second half. If they’re ranked, it’s only because Colorado’s overhyped again. (I think they probably are a borderline top 25 team, but don’t deserve it any more than we do). Also if Oregon and Penn State are really being ranked ahead of Tennessee and Miami it shows just how reluctant Polsters are to reevaluate their preseason picks.

Those saying, we haven’t done anything yet, etc. I get that but what has anyone in the 20-25 range really done. There’s been two games. What have we done; we’ve displayed a high power offense against 2 teams and one of them was ranked based on supposedly having done something already this year. That’s why we deserve to at least be in the top 25 or awfully close.
Less a Syracuse problem and more a “everyone who wasn’t ranked week 1”
Problem. The AP is so damn fickle

Oh, didn't even catch that part. For the record, I'm perfectly happy being in the top 25 anytime and all the time.
Kind of crazy to think that ‘18, 19’ ‘22 Syracuse was ranked at some point, and potentially doing that again in ‘24. I’m not saying each year was great, but national relevance has not been difficult for Syracuse to achieve lately. The media wants cuse to be good

All this worry about getting ranked. As Al Davis always said " just win baby".
Just need to be in that final CFB top 12 at seasons end. Then the recruits will come.

IMG_5201.jpeg

Iowa State being so high is absurd. They beat the #21 team by 1 point at the last second. Iowa was beating them the entire rest of the game

Iowa State being so high is absurd. They beat the #21 team by 1 point at the last second. Iowa was beating them the entire rest of the game

I have more of a gripe with Texas A&M and Memphis being higher. Time might tell that they're better but as of current resumes Syracuse belongs ahead of those teams.

Notre Dame being #19 and Northern Illinois #30 in the Coaches Poll is silly too

If we had beat GA Tech by 17 instead of 3, even just 10, we would have been ranked. That on side kick killed our chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom