We have won 6 of our last 8 games | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

We have won 6 of our last 8 games

*blinks*

oh my.
1613952699819.gif

The bar has been lowered. I am glad this season has turned around but it has turned around from not being relevant at all to being on the bubble.
I don’t believe we should be crowing.
Boeheim is a HOF coach he is also 76 and not done his best job this season.
I am glad we are now on the bubble.
Let’s win 2-3 more games and get in the tournament so we don’t go multiple years out.
No one made the tournament last year.

Ok this should probably be its own thread but let's draw a line here. There are fans who are angry because we have regressed as a program. There are fans angry that the aforementioned directs this towards JB as an insult to his legacy. In the middle are endless conversations and arguments that have escalated in the past 6 years as regular season results have continued to miss the mark.

We are on an SU fan board. Outside the trolls and non SU fans there is no one here who wants us to fail. It's politics in a sports bubble.

We could all use a win. Pandemic, life in general and a downward trend in hoops football and lax means there is piss in everyone's wheaties. We need a win over Duke tomorrow as a fan base and social group badly. We are not all from NY but many are and many are in this region. CoVid hit us all the earliest and hardest. It's been a long damn past year. It's about time we get a break and have our boys run the table this regular season analysis or vegas be damned. It probably won't happen.

That said maybe we all recognize there isn't one person in the ideal frame of mind right now and chill a bit. Let the heat roll off because it sucks being an American right now ( even if it is less for some) and even more being an SU sports fan.

This take does more to divide the fanbase than anything you respond too.

By what standards does this take come from?

It comes from his inability to talk anything SU basketball without plugging in Kadary. It's not directed at you, or MikeSU, or anyone else really.

if you read the threads the grouchy fans appear to be the ones that don’t want to give certain player on our team credit for his game yesterday.

not sure why. I for one am thrilled with yesterday’s win
Just a reminder that this was his first post in this thread. The one about winning 6 of 8. But yeah, he has no agenda.

Just a reminder that this was his first post in this thread. The one about winning 6 of 8. But yeah, he has no agenda.

the thread where the first line is “Seems like the fans get grouchier every game”

just put me on ignore, man, it’s not worth being this angry. We’re talking basketball here. you guys are trying to make this super personal. Just relax.

the thread where the first line is “Seems like the fans get grouchier every game”

just put me on ignore, man, it’s not worth being this angry. We’re talking basketball here. you guys are trying to make this super personal. Just relax.
Again. Your practice of throwing flame and then putting on a “who, me? I’m just a regular ol’ fan. Rah! Syracuse!” act is... transparent

I don't think that losing more will "force" Wildhack to do anything. He will have been here for 5 years this summer. During his tenure, I don't think we've been seeded any better than 8th, and we've missed the tourney twice (I can't imagine that any rational and objective person actually believes that we were going to make it last season). It appears that he's pleased with the status quo and trajectory of the program.
I just don’t consider last season as a tourney miss, because the tournament was never played. We hadn’t even finished playing the ACC tourney when the season was called off, and we were still alive, and had just gotten a big win against UNC.

You did this okay and my question to you is do you research this to argue Joe is better than Kadary?
Or just to say Joe should start because JB says so?

If not either of these what exactly?
Do you believe Joe is better than Kadary?

none of the above.

Yeah, in your backhanded fashion. "Buddy is lights out on O." Just had to throw in the O part. Not like he didn't have 3 steals too.

I'm done arguing. You can fool your brigade, and I'll just continue to root for the whole squad.
Are you okay, man?

Ok this should probably be its own thread but let's draw a line here. There are fans who are angry because we have regressed as a program. There are fans angry that the aforementioned directs this towards JB as an insult to his legacy. In the middle are endless conversations and arguments that have escalated in the past 6 years as regular season results have continued to miss the mark.

We are on an SU fan board. Outside the trolls and non SU fans there is no one here who wants us to fail. It's politics in a sports bubble.

We could all use a win. Pandemic, life in general and a downward trend in hoops football and lax means there is piss in everyone's wheaties. We need a win over Duke tomorrow as a fan base and social group badly. We are not all from NY but many are and many are in this region. CoVid hit us all the earliest and hardest. It's been a long damn past year. It's about time we get a break and have our boys run the table this regular season analysis or vegas be damned. It probably won't happen.

That said maybe we all recognize there isn't one person in the ideal frame of mind right now and chill a bit. Let the heat roll off because it sucks being an American right now ( even if it is less for some) and even more being an SU sports fan.

Great post. Well said

2021 is a cluster with the extended eligibility and there is Buddy, Joe, and Griffin may be able to slide there next year, plus I believe Braswell has played up top a time or two this year.
2022 We have/are recruiting Westry/Gayle(OSU)/Lands/Taylor/Cruz that I know of. All can play at the 2.
When we sign or get a public verbal for a SG before 2023 I’ll believe it when I see it.

Fans like myself can appreciate all Jim Boeheim has done and have legitimate concern for the direction of the program. Instead we get people who call any criticism haters but will give takes that will try to shift narratives like Kadary was awful in the first half and completely ignore the part of his importance in the second half to try and do JB’s spin that Joe Girard and status quo are fine.
When fans can have opposing views and it’s okay.

But, that makers you a hater if you disagree.

There is plenty to legitimately feel concerned about.

No one made the tournament last year.
Another fact is the Los Angeles Clippers have never advanced to a conference finals in their franchise history.

The Syracuse program in the last 40 years has never had a stretch where it didn’t play in the NCAAT 4 times in 7 seasons.
Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

Seems like the fans get grouchier every game(mostly due to the coaches mouth), but we have won 3 in a row and 6 out of 8. We will be slight underdogs it appears in every game the rest of the way.

13-6 (7-5) is pretty good for a team with no center. the grouchiness is that that ND performance probably wouldn't beat anybody else the rest of the way and we are essentially a bubble team for the 7th year in a row when we had hopes we might pull out of this rut. I think with a healthy Bourama we would have but SUhit happens.

13-6 (7-5) is pretty good for a team with no center. the grouchiness is that that ND performance probably wouldn't beat anybody else the rest of the way and we are essentially a bubble team for the 7th year in a row when we had hopes we might pull out of this rut. I think with a healthy Bourama we would have but SUhit happens.

the loss of Sidibe is the single biggest reason this season isn’t as successful as we’d hoped. A 100% healthy Sidibe all season would have completely changed the complexion of this team in several ways. He finished last year with 6 straight double doubles. Anything close to that would have been a huge help along with having more size inside and a player who would have been our best run protector. A real shame for both him and the team.

the loss of Sidibe is the single biggest reason this season isn’t as successful as we’d hoped. A 100% healthy Sidibe all season would have completely changed the complexion of this team in several ways. He finished last year with 6 straight double doubles. Anything close to that would have been a huge help along with having more size inside and a player who would have been our best run protector. A real shame for both him and the team.

THIS.
And - with him at some semblance of healthy, Marek can spend more minutes at F, where he's still a mismatch problem on O, and doesn't get bullied on D.

Definitely a domino effect from that one injury, that changed the entire complexion of this season.

Sad rec.
Some fans just live for crapping on the program, coach, and players.
They're only happy when they're miserable.

I'll never understand it.

1960: The USA's John Thomas, the first high jumpers to clear 7 feet, is the heavy favorite to win at the Rome Olympics but he finished third to two Russians. This is at the height of the Cold War.

“I gained a lot by not finishing first. If I’d won, I never would have learned as much about people as I did. Losing didn’t bother me. But what did bother me was, a lot of people who were around me suddenly disappeared. That was the first time I learned people didn't like me. They only like winners. they don't give credit to a man for trying. I was called a quitter, a man with no heart. it made me sick. American spectators are frustrated athletes. In the champion, they see what they'd like to be. In the loser, they see what they actually are and they treat him with scorn."

Another fact is the Los Angeles Clippers have never advanced to a conference finals in their franchise history.

The Syracuse program in the last 40 years has never had a stretch where it didn’t play in the NCAAT 4 times in 7 seasons.
Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.
If we miss the tournament this year, it will be three times in six seasons, not four times in seven seasons. You can’t fault the program for not making a tournament that didn’t exist in the first place. That’s about as relevant as criticizing Michigan State for never qualifying for the Big Ten tournament until 1998.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom