We just saw a man's current career end | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

We just saw a man's current career end

During the Gerg years and toward the end of Shafer’s tenure, the players and coaching weren’t there. It’s pretty apparent now that the coaching (mostly on the offense) is what’s holding back the program. Give me Joe Moorhead.

What's Babers so called offense supposed to be, he used to get mad when people would say it's the baylor and art briles offense. I remember being at a radio show a few years back (2019 I think) where he and matt park scolded a caller for comparing DB's offense to the air raid.

What happened to running 100 plays a game and Orange is the new fast?? DB has completely lost his identity and with that whatever chance at success we had. With the schedule we play each year SU should be going bowling more years than not!
This is the most baffling thing with Dino - the wild shift from OITNF to…whatever this is.

I can see how our offense could be bad. I’m completely dumbfounded how it became so unbelievably stagnant and conservative.

This is the most baffling thing with Dino - the wild shift from OITNF to…whatever this is.

I can see how our offense could be bad. I’m completely dumbfounded how it became so unbelievably stagnant and conservative.
That’s the part I don’t get either. It’s almost like he’s expecting the offense to be bad so they’re playing slower not to screw over the defense. But in playing slower, you’re taking away one of your only advantages.

clearly they don’t trust Tommy to make calls at the line either. Eric made so much happen on his own and was perfect for the tempo. If there was a short down situation he took advantage of mismatches.

MTSU
Maryland
Today

Three strikes you’re out.

the students showed out in mass. The fans were loud. Another year of belief without evidence. Another game of the defense giving their all so Dino’s sorry excuse of an offense could play hot potato with the ball and get the D back on the field as soon as possible. It’s so tiring. All I think about is the balls on him calling out fan support in the past. Impressive really.

You didn’t watch him rant and rave all game? He basically scared the hell out of the poor ref.Did ya not see that? After all his shenanigans he gets the call on next play. Dino tries to one up old Greg and refs put him in his place. Schiano playing chess while Dino is trying to learn checkers.
I felt like Schiano intimidated the refs and that’s why they called so many penalties against us. As soon as Dino tried to speak up they blasted him with a penalty. It was a circus, the worst officiating I have ever seen in a P5 game.

Dungey deserves a lot of credit but we also scored 61 points with Mahoney in a conference game. The whole offense has changed.

While giving up 76. Mahoney was pretty good in his own right but yeah.

Another thought being is Dino just a poor communicator in respect to what he wants? For instance did Lewis just understand it better and so much so he could communicate it more effectively with the kids? Great minds can still often struggle with helping others get it when it comes to their ideas. When someone does get it like Lewis, who also is an effective teacher then the circuit is complete so to speak. Now the circuit shorts out both from Dino to Gilbert and Dino directly.

Last edited:
Dungey deserves a lot of credit but we also scored 61 points with Mahoney in a conference game. The whole offense has changed.
Gave up 76, also scored 43 and gave up 61. Defense was terrible those 2 years.

He was hired as a riverboat gambler, he'll be fired as Pasqualoni and Deleone. Conservative to the nth degree. He came in an offensive guru and got his quarterback and proceeded to create an offense that is so predictable that multiple opposing coaches and players openly talk about it in press conferences. I so wanted Dino to be successful. He'll leave here as a failure.
Babers comparison to Pasqualoni/DeLeone tough one.

Let’s be honest, Schiano out coached Dino by a mile.Made me mad as hell watching Schiano play the refs while Dino tried and failed with those same refs.Coaching won this game for Rutgers and coaching lost this game for the Orange.
Not trying to defend Dino though it's much easier to play the refs when they are on your side. These were B1G refs and it was made very clear that they were. We didn't have a chance with them.

I knew he wasn’t our guy a few games into last season just like I knew Devito wasn’t our QB two seasons ago. I knew our AD wasn’t our guy last week. SU athletics is a hot mess right now.
The AD rebuilt the Dome - something nobody thought could be done. What he did will revitalize the Football Program - with or without Babers.

258 total yards and 7 points in game SIXTY TWO of his tenure. Flat out awful.

And that’s why he doesn’t have a playbook. He wouldn’t want anyone to get their hands on this offensive, offense.

Let’s be honest, Schiano out coached Dino by a mile.Made me mad as hell watching Schiano play the refs while Dino tried and failed with those same refs.Coaching won this game for Rutgers and coaching lost this game for the Orange.
It doesn't take much to out coach Dino he really has no strengths as a head coach.