We may wind up with a better staff than when we started. | Syracusefan.com

We may wind up with a better staff than when we started.

Crusty

Living Legend
We had some good coaches but not hall of famers. I think there is a very good chance that we will wind up with a better staff than when we started. Let's just wait and see who the OC is and who he hires before we make any judgments.

We need guys who can coach at the college level and who can recruit. The jury is still out so lets wait and see.

We had some good coaches but not hall of famers. I think there is a very good chance that we will wind up with a better staff than when we started. Let's just wait and see who the OC is and who he hires before we make any judgments.

We need guys who can coach at the college level and who can recruit. The jury is still out so lets wait and see.
Kept reading about continuity - Shafer is putting together his own version of continuity. Guys who have been with him and have worked within the systems that he wants to run on both sides of the ball. Better initial system fits than DMs first group of assistants.

Shafer is putting the band back together like Jake and Elwood Blues.

Any particular reasons why you think there is a very good chance of that?

Any particular reasons why you think there is a very good chance of that?

Yes, I think if he hires an experienced OC we can skip the learning curve with Hackett, which is probably far from over. Not knocking him but I think he is still very inexperienced and has a ways to go. Also, if we get a ST coach we can continue to improve that third of the game. Shafer apparently has a binder also so lets see what is in it.

I guess I'm not sure how we might end up with a better recruiting staff than before, especially since we should be sh!tting bricks if 2 really important people don't stay. And OC is a big part of the team and since we have no idea who that is I think at this point it's pretty far fetched to think the staff will be better. Maybe it will be, that would be awesome but since we only have half a staff right now and no recruiters I guess I'm a little confused.

I think most are being patient, but the delay in assembling a staff worries me for two reasons:

1) Did Shaf/TGD lie about how many people were interested in the position at the press conference?
2) We're losing valuable time to find and recruit players. LOI day is rapidly approaching and we look like we were very unprepared.

They may all be good coaches, but we've reached maximum capacity on the Western Michigan connection. I really hope these guys are recruiters. Like the Shafer, but worried about how it's all gonna come together though...

I think most are being patient, but the delay in assembling a staff worries me for two reasons:

1) Did Shaf/TGD lie about how many people were interested in the position at the press conference?
2) We're losing valuable time to find and recruit players. LOI day is rapidly approaching and we look like we were very unprepared.
Why would they lie? Makes absolutely no sense.

Unprepared? I doubt SS is ever unprepared for anything. I'm sure he and the staff (that is in place) are doing everything possible to secure recruits. i.e. see new QB offer.

The staff may be better than when we started, but it will definitely be more WesternMichigan2005er than when we started.

Why would they lie? Makes absolutely no sense.

Unprepared? I doubt SS is ever unprepared for anything. I'm sure he and the staff (that is in place) are doing everything possible to secure recruits. i.e. see new QB offer.
What new QB offer?

Someone said thousands of emails right, that means email from every employed coach in FBS.

Looks like my earlier reply is gone? Just wanted to say I like the positive vibe. :) Carry on.

I really wish we would just name an offensive coordinator, ASAP. Might help us steal John O'Korn, which would REALLY lessen the blow of losing Allen. Lose a top Texas QB, gain a top FL QB that also helps us keep inroads at Aquinas. I'll take it.

Shafer said that he was going to hit the recruitng trail today because it's more important than getting the new staff in place.

Shafer said that he was going to hit the recruitng trail today because it's more important than getting the new staff in place.

True but we found out 2 likely hires today. :)

I believe people are referring to Clark lea and Tim Lester

If we hire guys that are better than a nfl head coach and nfl OC ill be excited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom