We need 2-3 More players | Syracusefan.com

We need 2-3 More players

4. Explore the JUCO ranks

5. Chase a decommit from another school

6. Pursue traditional transfers, to at least position us better for 2019 and beyond

7. Hit the international market HARD, to see if there are any Marek caliber players out there

Good post, BTW, just adding to your list.

What I just don't want to happen is...these guys feel "burned" and dont explore/actively get after it now with this latest news...If I was in their shoes, this would light a fire under my a$$ and would make me want to get out there and get talent. We have options and haven't even seen most of it because a lot of grad transfers haven't declared yet.

Can we get in on any of the uncommitted kids from this years class?

The issue with a grad transfer is I can’t see them playing over any of the guys left on our roster.

Right now, we have two forwards [with Hughes possibly being able to play some 3 to fill in]. We've had lots of injuries the past couple of years [Coleman, Chukwu, Washington, Sidibe -- even Lydon and Howard last year to a lesser extent]. If we can bring in a grad transfer, they probably wouldn't start, but they would certainly supplement depth, and provide us with insurance in the event that we DO sustain an injury to a key player [heaven forbid], if Sidibe doesn't bounce back, etc.

Would love to see us bring in a 4 who can slide to 5 in a pinch. Again, probably not to be a starter as you point out, but to give us lineup flexibility with the rotation.

I’d love to add 3 if possible.
1) HW coming off ACL
2) Lack of depth with the bigs
3) Sidibe coming off knee issues
4) As seen, Syracuse has been getting rather unlucky

For sure try to add a big grad transfer to fill in for Bazley. Someone that can play the 4 would be ideal. I’ve seen some of y’all talking about Trey Porter- would be a great get.

I’d want another program kid or even 2 that will provide depth this year and be ready to contribute as Sophmores with presumably a big freshman class coming in 2019. Maybe a Frankie Policelli and Major Majak fit that mold.

Also, as stated above, have to look at all these decomittments as options.

I see the staff adding 2, I’d like 3 if Battle leaves.

1- Frank Howard, Howard Washington (possible RS)
2- Jalen Carey, Elijah Hughes, Buddy Boeheim
3- Oshae Brissett, Freshman (ex; Frankie Policelli)
4- Marek Dolezaj, Grad Transfer (ex; Trey Porter). *Don’t know who starts in this scenario*
5- Pashcal Chukwu, Bourama Sidibe, Freshman (ex; Majur Majak)

Maybe another grad transfer guard instead of a 3 shown above. Hughes could get time at the 3, HW could redshirt. I think we need a 4 that can play a good amount of minutes and a program developmental center for depth this year at the very least.

We wanted another player for depth at center before Bazley and Moyer left. Now that they’re gone, it’s essential we get 2, hopefully 3 players.

Absolutely, three more. Also with an eye on 2019-20 because they could/will be losing Carey,Frank, Oshae, PC, and Marek. A grad transfer, a traditional transfer, and one more recruit would be perfectly fine.

Gotta bring in 2 at minimum even if one might be a project we need some sort of depth. As others have noted a SF and PF would probably be the best case scenario. Hopefully Howard Washington can get back on the court by late fall just having another Guard who is able to play would be huge.

I want a 6' 7/8/9 guy that is 240 lb or so. A change of pace guy that can help with difficult matchups the skinny guys struggle with. Yet, has to be quick enough to play 4 and cover...hard to find I know. A guy that can pick and roll and take it to the basket strong and can rebound in traffic.

Don't get why I have seen multiple people mention that we could lose 5 guys next year. Frank yes, Chukwu yes, Oshae probably, Carey and Marek? Highly unlikely and absolutely not both.

Don't get why I have seen multiple people mention that we could lose 5 guys next year. Frank yes, Chukwu yes, Oshae probably, Carey and Marek? Highly unlikely and absolutely not both.
Syracuse is where highly unlikely things seem to happen every year. I would wager that zero people foresaw Moyer transferring out as of November 2017. No one thought Hop was going anywhere in March of 2017. No one thought Thompson was transferring out. Marek has skills and euro leagues pay. I would probably put his odds of not returning this season at like 5% and after next season at 50%.

... in a recent interview that Syracuse coaches have told [Carey] his stay could be a short one if he turns into the player they foresee. "They feel I can be a one-and-done type of guy," said Carey.

Stuff happens. Players leave. Carey and Marek, as of now, are going to get 30+ mpg. That's plenty of opportunity to show how good they are.

Syracuse is where highly unlikely things seem to happen every year. I would wager that zero people foresaw Moyer transferring out as of November 2017. No one thought Hop was going anywhere in March of 2017. No one thought Thompson was transferring out. Marek has skills and euro leagues pay. I would probably put his odds of not returning this season at like 5% and after next season at 50%.

... in a recent interview that Syracuse coaches have told [Carey] his stay could be a short one if he turns into the player they foresee. "They feel I can be a one-and-done type of guy," said Carey.

Stuff happens. Players leave. Carey and Marek, as of now, are going to get 30+ mpg. That's plenty of opportunity to show how good they are.

Yeah I bet they are going to really blow up and leave this year as possibly the 4th and 5th offensive options on a team that averages 65 ppg.

Yeah I bet they are going to really blow up and leave this year as possibly the 4th and 5th offensive options on a team that averages 65 ppg.

Normally I would agree but ya no...Syracuse lol

There is also Taj Harriswho is on football scholarship and approved to play b-ball. Was outstanding Nj player in 2016 but don’t think he played 2017 season. May get redshirted for football so I don’t know what that means for availability.

Normally I would agree but ya no...Syracuse lol

The guys that have left to go pro have never been out of nowhere surprises, that's why they all have been 1st rounders besides Grant who has ended up with a better career than most.

Half the board is on here telling me that Hughes is going to be incredible and then a bunch of others apparently think he's not going to play because Carey is going to be so damn good that he's going to be an early entry. So if they are both playing and Oshae is certainly getting 35+ mins and probably closer to 38 than where the hell is Marek playing? All of these things can't happen together, its impossible.

So if they are both playing and Oshae is certainly getting 35+ mins and probably closer to 38 than where the hell is Marek playing? All of these things can't happen together, its impossible.
160 minutes for two guard spots and two forward spots. 160/5 = 32 mpg. That's on average. I don't think Buddy plays ACC ball his freshman year. That's plenty of minutes to get folks out the door. Bagley only played 35 mpg and he was the best in the ACC by a mile. Jaren Jackson didn't break 25 mpg and he could be a 1st rounder.

The specific number of minutes is fungible, but they all going to get plenty of opportunity.

Give me a post scorer and ideally a program calibre 3/4 tweener

We’ll be saucey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom