We need 2-3 More players | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We need 2-3 More players

160 minutes for two guard spots and two forward spots. 160/5 = 32 mpg. That's on average. I don't think Buddy plays ACC ball his freshman year. That's plenty of minutes to get folks out the door. Bagley only played 35 mpg and he was the best in the ACC by a mile. Jaren Jackson didn't break 25 mpg and he could be a 1st rounder.

The specific number of minutes is fungible, but they all going to get plenty of opportunity.

Wouldn't really compare 6'11 freak athlete, Mickey D, top 10 recruits to what we have. Those guys are 1st rounders no matter what they do. Myles Turner came off the bench and still ended up in the lotto. The issue is more going to be in usage and opportunity. We aren't going to all of a sudden average 80+ ppg next year. So if Frank and Oshae are playing 38 mins and dominating the ball which I have to believe will be the case then there isn't an opportunity for 3 other guys to blow up. It just isn't going to happen.

It just isn't going to happen.
Roger that. Zero percent chance of five guys leaving after next season.

I wouldn't bet my house on it not happening. Good luck though.

The guys that have left to go pro have never been out of nowhere surprises, that's why they all have been 1st rounders besides Grant who has ended up with a better career than most.

Half the board is on here telling me that Hughes is going to be incredible and then a bunch of others apparently think he's not going to play because Carey is going to be so damn good that he's going to be an early entry. So if they are both playing and Oshae is certainly getting 35+ mins and probably closer to 38 than where the hell is Marek playing? All of these things can't happen together, its impossible.

Impossible? With no new additions, and Battle leaving, a line up of: Howard, Carey, Hughes, OB, and Markek is probably more likely than not. Granted, not as the primary starting line up, but as a combination that we could/would see.

Impossible? With no new additions, and Battle leaving, a line up of: Howard, Carey, Hughes, OB, and Markek is probably more likely than not. Granted, not as the primary starting line up, but as a combination that we could/would see.

So Sidibe who is probably the most offensively talented Center in a decade or more is now just going to turn into the 3rd option at Center?

Roger that. Zero percent chance of five guys leaving after next season.

I wouldn't bet my house on it not happening. Good luck though.

Yeah because its real common that we or anyone besides Kentucky have 3 guys early leave to go pro especially when 2 of them are going to likely be our 4th/5th scoring options or 3rd/4th at best.

So Sidibe who is probably the most offensively talented Center in a decade or more is now just going to turn into the 3rd option at Center?

You said it was "impossible" that those 5 could get minutes. Nobody said anything about Sidibe being a 3rd option. If healthy, he will be the 2nd option at 5. Is is impossible in your mind for PC and Sidibe to both be in foul trouble in the same game?

Yeah because its real common that we or anyone besides Kentucky have 3 guys early leave to go pro especially when 2 of them are going to likely be our 4th/5th scoring options or 3rd/4th at best.
Did Moyer go pro? Did Taurean?

I'm talking guys leaving. The possibility is very real. Marek doesn't need to go to the NBA to leave. There is still a non-zero chance Brissett leaves this season and you're already pegging him as a maybe for after next.

You said it was "impossible" that those 5 could get minutes. Nobody said anything about Sidibe being a 3rd option. If healthy, he will be the 2nd option at 5. Is is impossible in your mind for PC and Sidibe to both be in foul trouble in the same game?
Or that Sidibe's surgery doesn't fix everything or he has something else pop up. Knee issues for big guys aren't good warning signs. He could very well play 35 mpg next season, but he could be injured again. Stuff happens.

Reactions: 007

You're talking about the possible circumstance of a single game as opposed to the average of a season. Sure there might be a 6 OT game where Kris Joseph plays Center but that's ridiculous and I do acknowledge that there will be a handful of games where they are both in foul trouble and Marek might have to slide up for 5 mins. I'm just saying its impossible for those 5 guys to all play a ton of minutes and to all excel beyond expectation.

Or that Sidibe's surgery doesn't fix everything or he has something else pop up. Knee issues for big guys aren't good warning signs. He could very well play 35 mpg next season, but he could be injured again. Stuff happens.

Well hell in that case, Tyus might come back and Carey might play 12 mins a game.

Not happening, we are done for 2018 99.999% unless a superstar falls in our lap

Not happening, we are done for 2018 99.999% unless a superstar falls in our lap
Ridiculous. One of our centers has had 3 eye surgeries, the other's coming off knee surgery. And we have 2 forwards. TWO. Hard to imagine anyone with BB knowledge, having seen us struggle with a paper-thin roster this year, saying "sure, we lost half our front line (including a top 10 recruit), but WE GOOD!"

Last edited:
That's dumb. We don't even have enough players to scrimmage at practice without walkons.

battle leaves, everyone is healthy we have over 10

howard
carey
wash
buddy
preferred walk on guard
forgot his name 2 sport athlete fb player
oshae
market
elijah
sid
chuk

before true walkons

battle leaves, everyone is healthy we have over 10

howard
carey
wash
buddy
preferred walk on guard
forgot his name 2 sport athlete fb player
oshae
market
elijah
sid
chuk

before true walkons

Gotcha. Taj Harris. I sent you a PM.

Please god, noooooooo. Not another year getting humped on the glass because we're playing a SG at forward due to self-inflicted roster management problems.

He’s getting a lot of Ivy League offers.
So he can’t play?
Did UConn release him from his LOI because he wasn’t good enough for high D1 basketball?

does not mean we will not take a transfer who would redshirt
We better use some of these scholarships.
We have up to 3 scholarship.

Expecting a 4-6 kid recruiting class for 2019 is a lot to ask for a 73 year old HC.
Which is what we need.

i think it is ridiculous sucks we need players, duke had top 10 kids coming off the bench in the KS game and lost

Thats pretty negligent
Not to the JB can do no wrong crew.

If we don’t add another player next year either grad, traditional transfer or natural recruit then wow.

This staff HAS TO GET MULTIPLE 2019 commits this summer.
I mean what a joke if we are done.
Even with Bazley we should be looking at adding a player for down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom