We need 2-3 More players | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We need 2-3 More players

You're talking about the possible circumstance of a single game as opposed to the average of a season. Sure there might be a 6 OT game where Kris Joseph plays Center but that's ridiculous and I do acknowledge that there will be a handful of games where they are both in foul trouble and Marek might have to slide up for 5 mins. I'm just saying its impossible for those 5 guys to all play a ton of minutes and to all excel beyond expectation.

Nope. I was talking about the meaning of the word "impossible."

Do any of the assistants actually stand up to JB and say we need more bodies or do they all fall in line?

My god we need bodies.
9 scholarship players with one being Buddy is pure negligence. Just for injury insurance.

Not to the JB can do no wrong crew.

If we don’t add another player next year either grad, traditional transfer or natural recruit then wow.

This staff HAS TO GET MULTIPLE 2019 commits this summer.
I mean what a joke if we are done.
Even with Bazley we should be looking at adding a player for down the road.
There's a very real possibility of having seven to eight openings for 2019. Syracuse currently has 12 offers out. For comparison, UVA has 17 offers out for four to five openings. FSU has 21 offers out for four spots and 15 offers out for 2020. SU has four offers out for 2020.

This has been an ongoing issue for the last four seasons and Tyler Ennis has nothing to do with it.

Not to the JB can do no wrong crew.

If we don’t add another player next year either grad, traditional transfer or natural recruit then wow.

This staff HAS TO GET MULTIPLE 2019 commits this summer.
I mean what a joke if we are done.
Even with Bazley we should be looking at adding a player for down the road.

To be fair, we need to see how this actually plays out before speculating on "joke" status (I know you meant it as an if/then supposition - not calling you out).

As for the JB can do no wrong crew, I don't think it would take long to take attendance at that meeting.

There's a very real possibility of having seven to eight openings for 2019. Syracuse currently has 12 offers out. For comparison, UVA has 17 offers out for four to five openings. FSU has 21 offers out for four spots and 15 offers out for 2020. SU has four offers out for 2020.

This has been an ongoing issue for the last four seasons and Tyler Ennis has nothing to do with it.
How are we are being so selective?
We don’t even go after the top guys.

Sanctions though.

If Bazley made it here you could make a case for not adding another player but now with him gone you have to add a Forward we literally have 2 on the roster one of whom still hasn't decided if he is coming back next year yet. I dont care if its a grad transfer a 2018 guy, a EURO, or some guy we find hanging out down on Armory square we HAVE to add at least one player for next year. Not doing so would be idiotic.

JAB is going out in a blaze of glory. His final season, Buddy's senior year, he's going to play a roster of just four guys, just to show that he can.

Ha!

I don't believe we are going to go into the season with just this crop of kids. I think they add someone else

How are we are being so selective?
We don’t even go after the top guys.

Sanctions though.

We gotta make sure they are down with all zone first.

Last edited:
Do any of the assistants actually stand up to JB and say we need more bodies or do they all fall in line?

My god we need bodies.
9 scholarship players with one being Buddy is pure negligence. Just for injury insurance.

I’m guessing JB knows more about what we need than anyone on this board - by a LONG shot.

Who would you go after sobe?

No idea man. Iommi or Dean F are more qualified to handle that. It’s delicate though since JB isn’t going to give out big minutes even if he promised it to a kid so a kid looking to come here and play a major role (even if he has the game to do it) will be disappointed.

One big question mark - is Hughes good enough on the boards and long enough to play the back of the zone. If he is quick it helps with passing lanes but much more important is his rebounding. Can he board like Malachi if needed at that spot? If he can, we should have enough guard depth especially if Washington can be ready in time. If not then Sidibe has to play the 4 or Buddy/ Frank has to play minutes at the 3 if Oshae / Marek are out which is very much not ideal.

One big question mark - is Hughes good enough on the boards and long enough to play the back of the zone. If he is quick it helps with passing lanes but much more important is his rebounding. Can he board like Malachi if needed at that spot? If he can, we should have enough guard depth especially if Washington can be ready in time. If not then Sidibe has to play the 4 or Buddy/ Frank has to play minutes at the 3 if Oshae / Marek are out which is very much not ideal.

CAN Sidibe play the 4?

Would love to hear Iommi's thoughts on that, since he saw him play so much at the HS level.

CAN Sidibe play the 4?

Would love to hear Iommi's thoughts on that, since he saw him play so much at the HS level.

Yeah if he could that would be great. Big thing is we know he can operate out of the high Post vs centers. But vs a wing forward can he do anything on offense besides post up. Also he would need to be able to hit a 15 footer and handle guarding the wing ( 100 pct health a must).

What happens if someone gets injured? Depth has been a major problem.
As I said, I’m sure JB knows the situation and what we need. He probably also knows what we can get. Are you saying he doesn’t understand the situation?

As I said, I’m sure JB knows the situation and what we need. He probably also knows what we can get. Are you saying he doesn’t understand the situation?
I’m sure he understands the situation. It doesn’t mean we can’t question, disagree, or debate it. Frankly yes , I’m worried about depth next year. What happens if one of our forwards gets hurt next year if we don’t add anyone else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom