We need 2-3 More players | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

We need 2-3 More players

I can say I heard the same thing and it was from somebody close to JB.
I am glad we are going after Golden.
That would be huge for depth.

Oh, I have no doubt that you heard that. But there is a difference between what they say the day after Bazley pulls the rug out from underneath the blindsided coaching staff that thought they were done recruiting for the class of 2018, and what transpires when they step back and reassess options.

Things are set in stone, until circumstances change.

[and for the record, I know that you are 100% in favor of going out and landing a multi-positional big -- you've expressed that numerous times]

Golden ?
hector-ringing-bell.gif

Looking back you probably meant Girard, wasn’t trying to be wise. Was confused for a second with my wife and kids talking to me too lol.

Edit: I’m losing my mind today. There is Golden from Pitt. I’m like who the heck is golden.

Last edited:
At this point, I just want all the players with last names that start with "G", Geurrier, Golden, Girard, Goodine... After a streak of killer "B's", I think it is time for "G's". Alliteration in recruiting is key.

At this point, I just want all the players with last names that start with "G", Geurrier, Golden, Girard, Goodine... After a streak of killer "B's", I think it is time for "G's". Alliteration in recruiting is key.
I could go for that.

BeeGees?

Some of these kids who go to Duke and UK are really wasting their talent.

I think that a lot of these prospects are coddled to the point that they come to believe that they can't fail. They buy into the hype that everybody who goes to UK is destined to be a lottery pick, and go there expecting that's how everything will work out.

Problem is, for every Anthony Davis, there are players like Dakari Johnson who didn't even start his two years there, or Quade who ends up bailing for "greener" pastures once it becomes clear that he's been recruited over and just going to UK isn't the quick path to the NBA he believed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom