We win, and the Cooney bashing continues... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We win, and the Cooney bashing continues...

Maybe he sucked, maybe he didn't. Either way, I feel more confident than ever in Trevor Cooney. When a shooter is missing his shots, they key is to KEEP SHOOTING. And that's what Cooney did today which shows me that his confidence and his head is in the right place.

In the chat room.WTH! Kid brings a lot to this team other than 3 pointers.
He has had two cold shooting games and we still win.
It needs to stop.
Agree...but stupid is as stupid does when it comes to this board

The chat room was fine. I wanted to give G more second half run because Cooney couldn't hit the ocean. I never bashed the kid, I just said he sucked today.

This is a strawman. You are arguing against something that hasn't been said.

But it needs to be. Cooney's constant running around occupied and tired their most key player. As a result, NC's outside shooting stank.

What's with the drama? I said he sucked today, nothing more. If you think he played well, not sure what game you watched. I never said he's a d3 player or should be off the team. He sucked today. I stand by that statement.
You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is wrong. Shooting is only one aspect of the game and he had a tough day in that regard yet he contributed in other facets of the game. His defense was great and he hustled all over the court. His mere presence on the court opens up opportunities for others.

The chat room was fine. I wanted to give G more second half run because Cooney couldn't hit the ocean. I never bashed the kid, I just said he sucked today.
Said he sucked over and over and over and over and....I believe that may be bashing

The kids got a great motor and tons of heart. Anyone expecting him to shoot treys in the ~ 50% neighborhood over a full season is going to be disappointed- especially with how many he shoots. I think he came in shooting around 47% or 48%, so the past couple of games are about mean-regression to a more realistic three point shooting percentage. If it settles in the low-to-mid 40ish percent range he will still help us immensely, not only by virtue of scoring points, but by opening up the middle for CJ and Jerami, not to mention exhausting the other team with all his Bill Bradley-esque perpetual running, swooping and cutting on offense [did I date myself right there?].

The bashers sorely lack an appreciation of his ENTIRE game and its impact. Just ask the other team- they get it plenty.

Said he sucked over and over and over and over and...I believe that may be bashing

I never said he sucked. I said his shooting sucked TODAY. Why is that so hard to comprehend. Yes, I wanted G to get more run in the game in the 2nd half. I never once said Cooney sucked. Reading comprehension is a great thing.

How did I know that this Cooney non bashing thread would turn into a Cooney bashing thread?
:p

I never said he sucked. I said his shooting sucked TODAY. Why is that so hard to comprehend. Yes, I wanted G to get more run in the game in the 2nd half. I never once said Cooney sucked. Reading comprehension is a great thing.
Whatever, but I wasn't the only one who noticed

NC's defenders didn't focus obsessively on MG as much as they did on TC.

He's the most important and best offensive weapon SU has. All shooters go through bad streaks. He wasn't the only one that was off. No one was good offensively today. I thought Ennis had his worst game as an Orangeman.
When cooney isn't hitting 3s SU struggles offensively.

I agree with most of this. EDIT - reread the first sentence. He's not the most important or best offensive weapon. He's the most important long-distance shooter we have, but CJ is our most important and best offensive weapon. Period.

I don't understand SU fans who say Cooney was awful. He shot poorly. Very poorly. But SU is a team based on a very solid defense, and his defense was actually very good today. SU's defense gets the wins these days boys. We don't suit up 5 three point shooters and hope to just score more than the other team. We DEFEND. And Trevor did it well. At least give him credit for that.

We've all seen shooters who when they miss shots then mope and don't get back on D. Never, and I mean never, happens with TC. Just not his make-up. He misses a shot and streaks back to play D. All you can ask for.

Whatever, but I wasn't the only one who noticed

I was frustrated. I use the chat room to vent. What was I supposed to type, "great miss, Trevor!?" He couldn't hit the ocean today and I said he was sucking. Oh well. I hope he's lights out against BC. I'm done with this subject. LGO!!

Here's JB's response to this thread.

36mins, all 20 of the 2nd half.

And when asked about his substituting (or lack thereof) in the 2nd half, his response was "get a job". Meaning a coaching job.

Here's JB's response to this thread.

36mins, all 20 of the 2nd half.

And when asked about his substituting (or lack thereof) in the 2nd half, his response was "get a job". Meaning a coaching job.

I believe JB's answer was in response to someone asking about Roberson.

When was the last time we had a shooter shooting over 40% on a season that took more than 3-4 attempts a game? I gather it's been a long time. People bitching about Cooney are shakey potatoes.

I was frustrated. I use the chat room to vent. What was I supposed to type, "great miss, Trevor!?" He couldn't hit the ocean today and I said he was sucking. Oh well. I hope he's lights out against BC. I'm done with this subject. LGO!!
So you did say he sucked. Guess my reading comprehension was pretty good

When was the last time we had a shooter shooting over 40% on a season that took more than 3-4 attempts a game? I gather it's been a long time. People bitching about Cooney are shakey potatoes.

Shooting 40% from 3, 3 games into conference play?

Southerland was last year.

I believe JB's answer was in response to someone asking about Roberson.

Specifically it was and his reply was about substituting in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom