Week 0-1 ACC/FBS Games for Aug 24 - Sept 2 | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Week 0-1 ACC/FBS Games for Aug 24 - Sept 2

It’s kind of weird that Oregon St and Wassou lost the game of musical chairs. Both are way better programs than Cal or Stanford.

Our conference schedule was so terrible up until now that it’s a relief to finally have a good one. Miamis first visit to the Dome for an ACC game is laughable.
Think Real Estate for 1 thing: location, location.l location. Then think about what all 4 of those schools are in total. CA wins out easily.

It’s kind of weird that Oregon St and Wassou lost the game of musical chairs.
I still can't quite figure out how that works with the Pac-12 (or Pac-2, I should say) now. If you look at the CFB standings on ESPN, it's just those two teams listed. So like, is the winner of their game the conference champion? It's kind of depressing.

I still can't quite figure out how that works with the Pac-12 (or Pac-2, I should say) now. If you look at the CFB standings on ESPN, it's just those two teams listed. So like, is the winner of their game the conference champion? It's kind of depressing.

Since those two schools didn't leave, they have the PAC room all to themselves for now.

I’m very cautiously optimistic that we may have the talent to make an outside run at a playoff spot this year, so I want our schedule to give us at least a few opportunities for quality wins.

GaTech should be ranked.

We’re playing some other decent teams.

Let’s just WIN ALL THE GAMES, and then we don’t have to worry about SoS.

I hate NCSt more than any negative impact to the conference

That one kid, #10, is super-talented. He won the game for them by himself. KC something or other. He's like their multi-dimensional guy / match-up nightmare. I kind of see Oronde in that role for us. Both of them could make All ACC, IMO.

Not impressed with NC State. This game was for the taking, but W Carolina wore down. ACC hasn’t looked great, we need to make a statement Saturday.

Well, let's just come out and dominate Ohio tomorrow. First things first.

But against Georgia Tech - at home - this is Syracuse's chance to quickly establish credibility as an ACC contender. It's right there for the taking.

With Florida State losing to Georgia Tech, and other contenders off to staggering starts, if we can whip Georgia Tech at home in week 2, the media will take notice.

I’m on Elon moneyline tonight pretty big. That one has to be similar to the NC State game last night imo.

I know we freak out about attendance, but I’m watching Duke’s home opener and wow is that stadium empty. Yeah it’s Elon, but they have had a lot more success recently than us and there is no fan support for opening day.

I know we freak out about attendance, but I’m watching Duke’s home opener and wow is that stadium empty. Yeah it’s Elon, but they have had a lot more success recently than us and there is no fan support for opening day.
I mean last year they had enough fans to beat Clemson and have a home field edge vs a much more popular program.

Idk why people on here care so much. Our stadium only needs 30k to be loud and will look way better now we have seats. You just want it to be 95% or more full for huge games when it’s a big time opponent.

All of our epic 90s matchups vs bluebloods were a few hundred short of an official sellout.

I think we sell every single ticket for VT and I think Miami comes close but is a couple thousand short with no students. Every game will be loud and look good on TV.

So if BC beats FSU, which they may very well with Doug and Bob running the show, do the wheels fall off in Tallahassee?
would love to see it. Florida resident here. FSU fans so smug and arrogant and mouthing off last week. Crickets this week. Somebody on here made a great joke that FSU was feeling offers from the Yankee Conference (an extinct conference BTW)!

I am wondering the same, they play all Mountain West teams but aren't MWC members? I'm sure someone on the board can explain what the deal is with them. I'd love to know.

I am wondering the same, they play all Mountain West teams but aren't MWC members? I'm sure someone on the board can explain what the deal is with them. I'd love to know.
MWC threw them a scheduling lifeline and they are potentially rebranding/rebooting the P12 with the MWC schools is my understanding. I don’t think this is like ND to the ACC during COVID when they competed for the title though they just got a bunch of games vs those schools.

I think losing Elko really took the wind out of their sails. Not to mention Riley Leonard etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom