Week 5 Uniforms for Holy Cross | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Week 5 Uniforms for Holy Cross

I have been going to SU games since 1971.

We have worn blue jerseys at home more often than orange+white+duct tape combined.

There's a better chance that Notre Dame will scrap their blue jerseys before we do.
Notre Dame Colors.

Syracuse Colors.

Just because we have worn blue doesn’t mean squat. It’s not an official color of Syracuse University.
The other color from Orange could become any color that Syracuse sport chooses.

Notre Dame Colors.

Syracuse Colors.

Just because we have worn blue doesn’t mean squat. It’s not an official color of Syracuse University.
The other color from Orange could become any color that Syracuse sport chooses.
And they clearly are choosing blue.

And they clearly are choosing blue.
Thank you for telling me what I know.
It doesn’t change anything I said.
Our official colors are Orange and Grey.

People can like blue. I don’t care it’s just not an official color.

Thank you for telling me what I know.
It doesn’t change anything I said.
Our official colors are Orange and Grey.

People can like blue. I don’t care it’s just not an official color.

Again, the schools official colors are orange and grey. But athletics don’t have to, and don’t, use them as shown in that link. It’s more for stationary, presentations, etc.

Again, the schools official colors are orange and grey. But athletics don’t have to, and don’t, use them as shown in that link. It’s more for stationary, presentations, etc.
This is accurate but if blue isn’t an official color. The football team has chosen to wear blue. The choice doesn’t make blue a tradition. It’s a choice.

This is accurate but if blue isn’t an official color. The football team has chosen to wear blue. The choice doesn’t make blue a tradition. It’s a choice.

Well if you want a different mishmash of colors every week then knock yourself out. I prefer the colors that say SU to people watching on TV with some semblance of continuity.

If that choice is repeated over and over, it becomes a tradition. Standing and clapping until the basketball team scores is a tradition at SU. It's not spelled out anywhere on the syracuse. edu site.
The link you provided is not an athletics department restriction, rather it governs the usage of colors in correspondence, advertising and graphics. It is a separate topic than athletics uniform colors.

I’m a relative newcomer here compared to many of you and I don’t post much, but I have an opinion. Last weeks uniform of WOW was pretty sweet. It did look a bit like those uniforms before MAC got here as coach. I love the OWO and the OBO, but I’m not a fan of OBB. I’d rather go OBW.

I’m a relative newcomer here compared to many of you and I don’t post much, but I have an opinion. Last weeks uniform of WOW was pretty sweet. It did look a bit like those uniforms before MAC got here as coach. I love the OWO and the OBO, but I’m not a fan of OBB. I’d rather go OBW.
I always liked OBW in the late 70s early 80s.

Anyone know if Wildhack has plans for a retro uniform at some point. I don’t mind mishmash but prefer our traditional more often than not.

Then we have no SU brand uniforms. It’s one thing to have a one off, it’s another to have the one off be the traditional ones. Last week the unis themselves looked fine. But they didn’t look like SU at all.

Tradition is what you make it. Alabama is boring as all hell. Penn State stinks.

SU has uniforms that most everyone can agree are very solid. They have fun with combinations - it's not changing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom