Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 15-19 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 15-19

I actually think VT looks as good as any ACC team I've watched this year.

Yeah, I think VT is finding their footing. This is basically the entire team from last year. Much like us, they didn't know what to do with a big lead.

Glad we have them in the Dome this year. Should be a great game and atmosphere. Please, TV gods, give me 3:30. I ask for little.

VT night game at home. They are always pretty good in that spot.

They ran for 10 yds a carry and had a 28-0 zip lead that BC almost took away in one quarter.

They lost to Vandy who beat Alabama
They gave away the Rutgers game
They had the Miami game taken away

They are the 2nd best team we play no matter the results.

We beat Pitt the crowd will be amped
We lose to Pitt and we lose a ton of energy in the program.

would be nice to see GT beat them. But with the QB out I doubt they will
Yeah man, our schedule is tough. I hope it hardens us bc these teams are tough. All have some flaws, just like we do, but all have some things they are great at too. Just like us.

Gonna come down to the energy we bring to the game & how much better we have become during the course of the season.

The one advantage to the Stanford loss is there cannot be anymore let downs. So, our energy should be at its highest.

Problem is, Pitt & VT & BC for that matter are all teams that bring good energy, especially against us.

Yeah man, our schedule is tough. I hope it hardens us bc these teams are tough. All have some flaws, just like we do, but all have some things they are great at too. Just like us.

Gonna come down to the energy we bring to the game & how much better we have become during the course of the season.

The one advantage to the Stanford loss is there cannot be anymore let downs. So, our energy should be at its highest.

Problem is, Pitt & VT & BC for that matter are all teams that bring good energy, especially against us.

Going to be like that every year.

I'll gladly take avoiding Clemson though. We just always seem so overly beat up after that game each year.

Next year with Tennessee, @ Clemson, @ ND, we should all get to know the 3rd and 4th string in preseason practice. Anyone predicting the season record based on the starters is using the wrong metric. It will truly be big boy football. We can beat them, but you often pay a price that puts a huge stress on our depth.

Going to be like that every year.

I'll gladly take avoiding Clemson though. We just always seem so overly beat up after that game each year.

Next year with Tennessee, @ Clemson, @ ND, we should all get to know the 3rd and 4th string in preseason practice. Anyone predicting the season record based on the starters is using the wrong metric. It will truly be big boy football. We can beat them, but you often pay a price that puts a huge stress on our depth.
Agreed.

Definitely a different measuring stick next year, at least tweaked a bit.

With NIL & open transfers, anything is possible. Hopefully, Fran can find more Meeks, Diggs, & McCords out there, Because we will need about 6 of them. On each side of the ball.

It seems that every year we are hit hard by the injury bug. Same this year. Hope that improves.

I think BC is our second easiest game left after U Conn, and while it won’t be easy, their home crowd is usually pretty SU heavy and not intimidating, we have done very well up there(and crappy at home for some reason). I am just glad we aren’t playing them on Red Bandana day, that is the one time their home advantage really kicks in. We can win any of our remaining games and we can lose 5 of them (U Conn is improved for sure but if Temple takes you down to the 1 yard line for a win on your home field you aren’t good). I thought we were an 8-4 team before the season and I still see that, but hope for better. We really only do two things well: throw the ball and, minus Stanford, play with a lot of emotion. That is enough in some cases but gotta tackle better, gotta block and run the ball better and gotta make sure we don’t give up cheap special teams points anymore. I don’t think we can fix the kicking game until we get a new kicker.

good chance BC loses to Lou with SMU and Pitt left as well. 4 of 5 at home. They need to find 2 wins to get to 6 and they probably see UNC/SU as the two easiest as well.

good chance BC loses to Lou with SMU and Pitt left as well. 4 of 5 at home. They need to find 2 wins to get to 6 and they probably see UNC/SU as the two easiest as well.
I am sure they do, so it will be fun to crush that view of theirs ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom