Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 15-19 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 15-19

Im not sure I see how calling for a fair catch would be helpful. The player still has to secure the ball, and if they bobble it the defender can still grab it.
I think by having a player away from the ball call it. The rest of the kicking team may miss the signal and could get hit with a penalty?

Bill LeMonnier just called the ref who changed the call courageous hahahahahahahHha

Schools forget that one reason they sold poured beer and soda was because they worried about things being thrown on the field. Guess what happens now in the search for profit someone gets hurt with one of these thrown full beer cans or sodas

Yup. There are 30 teams still alive for the playoff on October 19th. Usually there are 6
And I think it's relatively wide open. It'll continue to be this way because the top teams can't retain depth like they used to. They are mortals when it comes to withstanding attrition now.

And I think it's relatively wide open. It'll continue to be this way because the top teams can't retain depth like they used to. They are mortals when it comes to withstanding attrition now.
Which probably means the rules will change again and swing things back to favor the traditional powerhouse schools.

You’re pointing out they were held to 3 points in the first Q even though they only had 1 possession ? :rolleyes:

I was making a joke that they only scored 3 points in the first quarter in a game they were projected to have 35+ as if that was an indictment on their offense and thus Syracuse's defense but then I provided the additional context to show how I wasn't completely forthright with all the relevant information in my original sentence thus it being a misleading statement and a bit of a rhetorical trick.

I wasn't a huge fan of expansion but the CFP is going to be incredible. And will continue to be in this era of CFB. I was wrong.
Never understood what could be bad. I went to a D3 school and their playoffs at the time were 16 team and it was awesome. The regular season still meant something as you still have to qualify. I think 12 is great start with 16 being the best. Anything else will water it down. Sure an upset will happen from time to time but the top 16 will give us the best option (no byes)

UNLV just blocked an Oregon St punt. Apparently they’re just amazing at that and it wasn’t necessarily just us sucking (our ST still isn’t good by any stretch).

Seems silly to have the PAC 12 logo on the field. Just go with PAC. Not like 12 was part of their identity or where they will be in the future.

1000007430.jpg

Never would have guessed before the season that UNLV would become one of my most hated fan bases

How the hell were they robbed?
the roughing the passer call that extended our game-tying drive. It's about time a questionable call went our way to help us win a game. I'm probably biased but it seems we're always on the wrong end of these calls, i.e. 2018@Clemson(illegal man downfield on drive that would have clinched game) 2022@FSU (late hit OOB by Cundiff-Fuentes on QB, non-call when Shrader was drilled OOB on a worse infraction than the Cundiff-Fuentes call)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom