Wegman's Continues March to Atlanta | Syracusefan.com

Wegman's Continues March to Atlanta

***Wegman's Continues March to Atlanta***
  • Vows to make Savannah a Christmas present for President Lincoln
  • Leaves scorched Winn-Dixies in its wake
  • Wegman's Food Court accuses Paula Dean of being an "enemy of the heart, and an agent of cholesterol."

You get the idea.

Last edited:
I mentioned this idea to Anthony Di Fino a couple years ago and his response was “Wegmans has always stayed away from sports sponsorships”.

I mentioned this idea to Anthony Di Fino a couple years ago and his response was “Wegmans has always stayed away from sports sponsorships”.

They're the title sponsor of an LPGA event at Locust Hill in Rochester, but it's right in the backyard of their flagship store in Pittsford, so I guess that may be an exception.

They're working towards Florida, watch out Publix
Publix is pretty engrained in FL. I mean they are good (not great) but they are not a destination grocery store in my mind. I do like their deli platters for my road trip tailgates.

Overall, Publix pricing is very high. You have to shop the BOGO's.

Last edited:
Price Chopper and Wegman's made a deal according to the legend

Definitely a lot of people believe that. Seems like it's not too far fetched when Wegmans started opening stores in Massachusetts completely bypassing the Capital District and Price Chopper avoiding all Wegmans territory. My buddy works for Golub (Price Chopper) and can neither confirm or deny, lol.

Last time I was in a Wegmans was in Corning, NY and I was completely unimpressed, especially given all the hype. I'm sure there are some stores that aren't that great but the "food court" area was below college cafeteria level and the sub shop meat tasted a grade above government issued. I'm sure some of their flagship stores are a lot better, just been 20+ years since I've been to one of the "better" stores.

the "food court" area was below college cafeteria level and the sub shop meat tasted a grade above government issued. I'm sure some of their flagship stores are a lot better, just been 20+ years since I've been to one of the "better" stores.

I'm sure some stores are worse than others, but even at the flagships the food courts are selling $9.49/pound slop that's made from chicken and beef that got too close to its expiration date in the meat department. Sub rolls are good, sub cold cuts are lower-grade than the stuff I'd buy in the deli. Pizzas aren't good. Burger Bar, however, is really good in my experience.

On the whole, their prepared food is overpriced and overrated.

I always think Wegmans is overrated. I don't like their bakery much and their selection of certain things pales in comparison to even Walmart. Then I go to PC, or Tops, or Food Lion, or ......and fall in love with my wegmans all over again. Bakery still needs work though. PC bakery is 100x better.

Definitely a lot of people believe that. Seems like it's not too far fetched when Wegmans started opening stores in Massachusetts completely bypassing the Capital District and Price Chopper avoiding all Wegmans territory. My buddy works for Golub (Price Chopper) and can neither confirm or deny, lol.

Last time I was in a Wegmans was in Corning, NY and I was completely unimpressed, especially given all the hype. I'm sure there are some stores that aren't that great but the "food court" area was below college cafeteria level and the sub shop meat tasted a grade above government issued. I'm sure some of their flagship stores are a lot better, just been 20+ years since I've been to one of the "better" stores.
Stop by the store in Dewitt on your trip to Quse this weekend.

They have an ad behind each of the goals at the Sabres games so I don’t think that’s too accurate.

Price Chopper and Wegman's made a deal according to the legend
There was also a similar deal in Richmond with the Ukrops family. When they died and sold out, Wegmans promptly went in. I was told at the time that Wegmans didnt buy leftover Ukrops stores because they were confident that Martins would run them into the ground, which they did. They then built much nicer stores in the Richmond area and are now dominating, as you would expect.

I'll take it. However, still no known store plans for the Charlotte metro area...

They're the title sponsor of an LPGA event at Locust Hill in Rochester, but it's right in the backyard of their flagship store in Pittsford, so I guess that may be an exception.
They used to sponsor that event, but haven't since 2014. I believe they sponsor a Symetra tour event.

Still think a naming gift for the Dome would be a great move for them. Along with lots of commercials on ACCN and other ACC broadcasts.

From your lips to Danny’s ears.

Hadn’t been to the cuse for a couple years and wegmans was a must visit Clemson weekend.