Weitsman is bringing someone associated with the bills | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman is bringing someone associated with the bills

I know this has been asked but does he donate to a charity of their choice or just pay them to come?

Screenshot_20221221-133153_Instagram.jpg

What exactly has Weitsman done for the SU hoops program?
I understand that Weitsman is an attention grabber and a self-promoter, but why is it important what he has done, besides of course having one of the best seats in the house, one of the nicest luxury boxes and has invited some household names to fill some of the seats.

Pretty impressive considering the guy never attended the Cuse.

I’m curious because when Twitter accounts like Orange Grove question Weitsman’s motives, some people are all, “But he’s done so much for SU!”

And I’m not saying he hasn’t done anything for SU. I’m just asking: what has he done?
Like JustPherU said, we will probably never know, but I wouldn't worry about what Orange Grove or their followers think. LOL!!!

I’m curious because when Twitter accounts like Orange Grove question Weitsman’s motives, some people are all, “But he’s done so much for SU!”

And I’m not saying he hasn’t done anything for SU. I’m just asking: what has he done?
Jeff Kelly should cool it. The guy gets triggered pretty easily and acts like he speaks for every fan. It’s pretty annoying. And when it comes to NIL in most cases nothing is going to be public. Now I’m sure there will be a post on Twitter about my post here.

He’s probably given money, like any other booster.

The thing with weitsman is some people see him as a god amongst men, some people see him as a sleaze ball who treated people like crap for 25 years and just recently tried to atone for it, and others (likely the majority) see him a man with money who likes attention.

Doesn’t matter who he really is or what he’s done, all that matters is perception.

He’s probably given money, like any other booster.
The simple thing I've always wondered is -- let's say that the reason these celebrities come to the Dome is that Adam is donating to their charity. That relationship makes perfect sense. But then if you're Weitsman why not put on social media "hey Josh Allen is here on behalf of his charity to support low-income kids in Buffalo (or whatever good cause it is) if you want to donate go to such-and-such website."

The simple thing I've always wondered is -- let's say that the reason these celebrities come to the Dome is that Adam is donating to their charity. That relationship makes perfect sense. But then if you're Weitsman why not put on social media "hey Josh Allen is here on behalf of his charity to support low-income kids in Buffalo (or whatever good cause it is) if you want to donate go to such-and-such website."
Good point. Bills fans have been very generous donating to various funds as they raised $442,000 for Andy Dalton's charity. However, this article shows how bad the management company was siphoning off $100,000 of it. Once he found out, he fired the company and made whole the money. But this article does show how some of these foundations work.

Weitsman might not be doing what you suggest for various reasons, probably all having to do with taxes.

A week ago Josh Allen joint ventured with an entity which buys (pays off) medical debt for pennies on the dollar. Maybe the biggest bang for your charitable dollar that exists.

Been consistently one of the top three donors to Syracuse Athletics. If you have any old programs or yearbooks that listed Orange Club Donors you will see Upstate Shredding generally in the Top Three. And you can be sure his NIL commitments go well beyond the million dollar plan. That money the collectives use comes from someplace

Been consistently one of the top three donors to Syracuse Athletics. If you have any old programs or yearbooks that listed Orange Club Donors you will see Upstate Shredding generally in the Top Three. And you can be sure his NIL commitments go well beyond the million dollar plan. That money the collectives use comes from someplace
Here's the current Orange Club Kitty...

Not even 100K for 2022 ? Am I reading this correctly ?

There’s numerous donation vehicles. One of the larger ones is the legends society which is a minimum donation of $25,000 and goes up to $1m or more. A lot of donations are sport or facility specific too. The donations to athletics are in the millions. $29m last year.

Post I responded to...

"If you have any old programs or yearbooks that listed Orange Club Donors you will see Upstate Shredding generally in the Top Three."

This thread is about AW and his "contributions" to SU. Of the $29mm, how much is from Upstate Shredding ?

Post I responded to...

"If you have any old programs or yearbooks that listed Orange Club Donors you will see Upstate Shredding generally in the Top Three."

This thread is about AW and his "contributions" to SU. Of the $29mm, how much is from Upstate Shredding ?

No idea. But the post of yours i responded to was about the link you had which showed little money donated. I was just pointing out that that isn’t the only vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom