Weitsman is bringing someone associated with the bills | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman is bringing someone associated with the bills

I’m curious because when Twitter accounts like Orange Grove question Weitsman’s motives, some people are all, “But he’s done so much for SU!”

And I’m not saying he hasn’t done anything for SU. I’m just asking: what has he done?
The real question I have is: what is Joel Tubesocks take on Weitsman?

I'm not sure what this thread is about. Is there an amount of money that Adam Weitsman needs to donate to satisfy other Syracuse fans? If so, what is that number, and how did that number get figured?

Yea people bring his name up a lot. What he donates is up to him. It’s none of my business. Even if he changed his mind about the $1m, oh well.

That link took me to an alumni association fund. That is not the CAF donor list.
The link goes to the Orange Club. The entity that the poster claimed AW was a significant donor. An entity that has raised less than 100k in 2022.

What is the CAF donor list ?

People here are obsessed with spending his money for some reason.
I don’t know, but I think some people view him as a hanger-on without having done anything to help in recruiting. I personally could care less what he does. If he helps cool.

The link goes to the Orange Club. The entity that the poster claimed AW was a significant donor. An entity that has raised less than 100k in 2022.

What is the CAF donor list ?
The Orange Club name was retired two years ago. The group is now labeled the Cuse Athletics Fund and it has well more than 135 donors (latest number is 25,581) and $87k in donations. If you click on home from the link you will see that site is nested below the Alumni Association. I am guessing the Club label is now being used for a much more focused group. Might be part of the athlete network?

The Orange Club name was retired two years ago. The group is now labeled the Cuse Athletics Fund and it has well more than 135 donors (latest number is 25,581) and $87k in donations. If you click on home from the link you will see that site is nested below the Alumni Association. I am guessing the Club label is now being used for a much more focused group. Might be part of the athlete network?
Thank you for the clarification.

Well... Back to original question. Can we substantiate AW's contributions to SU Athletics ?

If AW is really the supporter of SU athletics that anonymous internet posters claims him to be, shouldn't there be some tangible, publicly verifiable record - like in the case of John Lally ?

Thank you for the clarification.

Well... Back to original question. Can we substantiate AW's contributions to SU Athletics ?

If AW is really the supporter of SU athletics that anonymous internet posters claims him to be, shouldn't there be some tangible, publicly verifiable record - like in the case of John Lally ?

Just because they aren’t in the paper doesn’t mean people don’t donate big money. I know of a few that do and I don’t always see a breakdown if they’re donations. Like was mentioned earlier, he has been listed in the top 3 for the year several times. Just because you don’t know of something doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Just because they aren’t in the paper doesn’t mean people don’t donate big money. I know of a few that do and I don’t always see a breakdown if they’re donations. Like was mentioned earlier, he has been listed in the top 3 for the year several times. Just because you don’t know of something doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.
I have never seen a report that AW has donated anything to the University. If its out there please post a link. I want to believe in him but like many others here, can't find any evidence to do so.

I have never seen a report that AW has donated anything to the University. If its out there please post a link. I want to believe in him but like many others here, can't find any evidence to do so.

Can you find a report of the other 26,000?

And maybe you can find something on the people who have donated millions to the Athletes who care collective? Or maybe the 315 foundation collective?

Maybe you can find how much Weitsman has to donate for his 4-5 seats next to the bench or his huge glass enclosed suite?

Can you find a report of the other 26,000?

And maybe you can find something on the people who have donated millions to the Athletes who care collective? Or maybe the 315 foundation collective?

Maybe you can find how much Weitsman has to donate for his 4-5 seats next to the bench or his huge glass enclosed suite?

Last edited:
Full donor list starts on page 83. Upstate Shredding is listed on page 93. CAF apparently no longer lists by tier so it is strictly alphabetical. But if you are really concerned, you can probably go to Bird Library and find a digital archive of pre pandemic game programs that did list by donation level and see Upstate Shredding / Weitsman Recycling as one of the top donors to SU Athletics along with Carmelo Anthony, John Lally and at least two people that post on this board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom