Weitsman | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes, I am arguing this because it is frustrating to see the school admin get chit on despite zero evidence they made some hasty and ill advised decision.
They have a history of making hasty and ill-advised decisions when it comes to the basketball program, and there’s no evidence to show that they didn’t repeat that behavior.

Ratio >>>> Post count.
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

Does anyone think that the money T. Boone Pickens has been giving to Texas A & M was given with no publicity. He may be the biggest athletic donor in history, I know of no one else. That money came with long strings attached.
Some people want to give quietly, fine others are more ostentatious, fine. The rules allow for NIL. Mo single person set SU sports back more than sanctimonious, Nancy Cantor. Let's not go down that route ever again. As long as Mr. Weitsman plays by the new rules I don't care if the Dome gets renamed the Scrap Metal Dome. He or She who writes the big checks deserve recognition if that is what they desire. Heck, as far as I am concerned longtime supporters like CTO deserve an academic building named in her honor. Same for Adam if he is a consistent, big time supporter.
There must have been no publicity for Pickens' Texas A&M donations since the only ones I'm familiar with are the millions to Oklahoma State.

Was he good? Looks like he was a 3pts a game guy at UMass before bingo
He was a stud recruit that we wanted. He had extreme off the court and grades problems.

3 points….but he also averaged 4 assists in 17 minutes as a freshman at UMass, and then averaged 11, 5, and 4 at Binghamton a couple years later.

He certainly had talent.

Not nearly enough? if he really wanted he could go to 7 players in top 50 and offer them hell 2 million a piece a year to come to Binghamton he would get some takers. And he wouldn’t even lose a minute of sleep over that amount. A billionaire is only limited by how big an ego they have. People are spending 3 million + for QBs 1.5 for a top guard isn’t crazy to a billionaire.
No

Just wondering, regarding this fallout between SU and Weitsman, anyway this could be an addition by subtraction thing for the overall NIL at Syracuse? I doubt it, but since most of us have no idea what is going on, just thinking about other possibilities.

Let's say with Adam in place, maybe there are some folks with lots of cash who don't care to get into the game for whatever reason (being overshadowed, not wanting to be associated, or something else). With him not involved, those folks are possibly more motivated to jump in and contribute with Weitsman no longer being the face of NIL at Syracuse.

I know, probably unlikely, but thought I'd just toss this thought out there.

No? what part of that is not accurate lol? I think people forget how much a Billion dollars is. i have read AW is worth around 1.5 Billion dollars if he decided to spend 10 million dollars on buying a starting 5 that would be less then 1 percent of his net worth. Think about what 1 percent of your net worth is, whoever you are you are not losing a second of sleep over 1 percent of your net worth. I not saying he would do it, but he could easily buy a sweet 16 team at any school. Hell a Billionaire could spend 30 million on a starting 5 have them fail completely and not blink. I highly doubt anybody would ever do this, but at 30 million dollar "payroll" he would be able to get damn near any kid he wants to go to Binghamton.

Anyone who proscribes to this lunatic is an idiot. Period. Out yourself so I, and all other rational posters here, can ignore you immediately.
Gonna assume you mean "subscribes to". I certainly do not. But in my universe, listening to him is proscribed. ;)

From Wikipedia:
proscribe • \proh-SCRYBE\ • verb. 1 : to publish the name of as condemned to death with the property of the condemned forfeited to the state 2 : to condemn or forbid as harmful or unlawful : prohibit.
outlaw (someone).
"a plaque on which were the names of proscribed traitors"

No? what part of that is not accurate lol? I think people forget how much a Billion dollars is. i have read AW is worth around 1.5 Billion dollars if he decided to spend 10 million dollars on buying a starting 5 that would be less then 1 percent of his net worth. Think about what 1 percent of your net worth is, whoever you are you are not losing a second of sleep over 1 percent of your net worth. I not saying he would do it, but he could easily buy a sweet 16 team at any school. Hell a Billionaire could spend 30 million on a starting 5 have them fail completely and not blink. I highly doubt anybody would ever do this, but at 30 million dollar "payroll" he would be able to get damn near any kid he wants to go to Binghamton.
1) Adam isnt going to drop anywhere near that much money, there is zero return on his investment. Doing something like that at syracuse carried with it a chance to gain national attention because you actually could attract top level talent. You dont become a billionaire by throwing money away.

2) In terms of "he would be able to get dan near any kid he wants to go to binghamton" thats just not true. Could he get a bunch of role players on P6 teams? You bet, maybe even a starter or two but the real quality players who have NBA dreams would never go play for Binghamton in their current state. If he Also paid for a top flight coaching staff? Sure, but that is the way that would ever happen.

1) Adam isnt going to drop anywhere near that much money, there is zero return on his investment. Doing something like that at syracuse carried with it a chance to gain national attention because you actually could attract top level talent. You dont become a billionaire by throwing money away.

2) In terms of "he would be able to get dan near any kid he wants to go to binghamton" thats just not true. Could he get a bunch of role players on P6 teams? You bet, maybe even a starter or two but the real quality players who have NBA dreams would never go play for Binghamton in their current state. If he Also paid for a top flight coaching staff? Sure, but that is the way that would ever happen.
I said all along this would never happen but when the biggest basketball NIL deal I have seen is 1 million and you decided to offer 6 million for 5 kids you would be surprised what that would buy. You maybe a multi millionaire but if you are not then think about what you would do to make 6 million or even 3 million a year for.

Gonna assume you mean "subscribes to". I certainly do not. But in my universe, listening to him is proscribed. ;)

From Wikipedia:
proscribe • \proh-SCRYBE\ • verb. 1 : to publish the name of as condemned to death with the property of the condemned forfeited to the state 2 : to condemn or forbid as harmful or unlawful : prohibit.
outlaw (someone).
"a plaque on which were the names of proscribed traitors"
Drunk posting kicking my butt again.

How long before the man himself makes an appearance and gives his side of the story?

I really don't think that's happening.
I could 100% see him hearing about this and then posting. He called someone on this board (complete stranger) when they tweeted him asking about the story. Wouldn’t put anything past him.

I could 100% see him hearing about this and then posting. He called someone on this board (complete stranger) when they tweeted him asking about the story. Wouldn’t put anything past him.
That was me, not a tweet and I don't think he is going to come on this board to tell his side of the story.

Agree. A million dollars couldn’t even bring in a top player here. No way would any amount of money build a team at Binghamton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom