Weitsman | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME.

LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME.

I know the guy does great things for the community. But he can be really exhausting.
Scooch, scooch, scooch.

Who cares if Adam gets the glory as long as the SU sports programs benefit?!!

Why do people lose sight of what's truly important here? It starts and ends with SU basketball and football. I really truly don't get the moral police, the jealousy, the insecurity. If Adam wants his own red carpet for every game, give it to him! If Adam wants a scrap metal sculpture in the quad, give it to him! If Adam wants to land his chopper on the dome roof with 2 celebrities in tow like Bruce Wayne, give it to him!

Or we can make sure the players, coaches and boosters all go to Sunday mass every week while we celebrate another NIT bubble discussion next year.

A few dollars? Do you comprehend the amount of $$ some of these players are getting in NIL, Miami paid over a million in NIL for their final 4 team. And now look at the amount of revenue that University and conference for that matter will get because they have a final 4 team. Do I like this? No I think its ridiculous but that's the world this NIL and transfer portal has created. Billionaires do not grow on trees, and you have one who is passionate about Syracuse University athletics, you do have to bend the knee in some respects. Unless you have a couple more Billionaires ready to take their place. I respect people who say they don't care and would rather lose, however a lot of the people who say tell AW to piss off are the ones who on here in February screaming how bad the team is. You just cant have it both ways keep that same energy year around.
The few dollars was obviously hyperbole but feel free to tear it apart if it makes you feel better. Syracuse is a large private university, one with an extensive alumni and fan base and they should not, and obviously will not, be held captive by some attention seeking billionaire. The school was not created to serve at the bidding of a single donor, the donor is there to benefit the university and when that relationship becomes problematic, it should end. People are so quick to throw the university under the bus despite not knowing even half of the story, let alone the entire thing all in the name of protecting a perceived advantage (one that has yet to materialize with anything other than a single top 75 recruit) and stroke the ego of a guy who didn't even have a relationship with the university half a decade ago.

You point to Miami as some ace-in-the-hole for the importance of laying out massive cash for transfers yet a school who (arguably) did even more on that front, Texas Tech, didn't even finish above .500. Or how about Illinois, another school who arguably paid significant cash for their team and yet they couldn't even out-perform their previous two seasons. We don't even need to get into the fact that Miami wasn't some top 2 seed who cruised through the year, they struggled against some severely limited teams (Syracuse and BC included) and happened to catch lightening in a bottle (much like SU in 2016). With that said, I wouldn't be so quick to call the Miami experiment the blueprint for future success. They are competing alongside San Diego State and FAU, two teams who most certainly do not billion dollar backers. Where did their success come from?

Not shocked. Just trying to illustrate that this horse is now buried. No need to beat it any longer.
The guy legit just posted yesterday a cryptic message about the SUNY Bingo hoops team, of course there's gonna be more beating of deceased horses.

Scooch, scooch, scooch.

Why do people lose sight of what's truly important here? It starts and ends with SU basketball and football. I really truly don't get the moral police, the jealousy, the insecurity. If Adam wants his own red carpet for every game, give it to him! If Adam wants a scrap metal sculpture in the quad, give it to him! If Adam wants to land his chopper on the dome roof with 2 celebrities in tow like Bruce Wayne, give it to him!

Or we can make sure the players, coaches and boosters all go to Sunday mass every week while we celebrate another NIT bubble discussion next year.
cg9qzscr-1353902186.jpg

Scooch, scooch, scooch.

NIL is about promotion. It doesn't matter if an individual product or entity is being promoted. The key is that something is being recognized which is why the athlete is being compensated. If Adam wants to have himself and his social platform recognized as a result of his NIL efforts, there is nothing wrong with that.

NIL is about promotion. It doesn't matter if an individual product or entity is being promoted. The key is that something is being recognized which is why the athlete is being compensated. If Adam wants to have himself and his social platform recognized as a result of his NIL efforts, there is nothing wrong with that.
There is if it leads to violations at the school or puts the university in a bad light.

So providing examples is cherry picking?

I don’t follow his show - I can know who someone is without really tracking everything they do. I think someone who has large NH influence going to jail is a big enough issue for me to understand without actively following him.
In this example, yes, as all schools have alums (or relatives of alums) who have done some questionable things at one time or another.

The few dollars was obviously hyperbole but feel free to tear it apart if it makes you feel better. Syracuse is a large private university, one with an extensive alumni and fan base and they should not, and obviously will not, be held captive by some attention seeking billionaire. The school was not created to serve at the bidding of a single donor, the donor is there to benefit the university and when that relationship becomes problematic, it should end. People are so quick to throw the university under the bus despite not knowing even half of the story, let alone the entire thing all in the name of protecting a perceived advantage (one that has yet to materialize with anything other than a single top 75 recruit) and stroke the ego of a guy who didn't even have a relationship with the university half a decade ago.

You point to Miami as some ace-in-the-hole for the importance of laying out massive cash for transfers yet a school who (arguably) did even more on that front, Texas Tech, didn't even finish above .500. Or how about Illinois, another school who arguably paid significant cash for their team and yet they couldn't even out-perform their previous two seasons. We don't even need to get into the fact that Miami wasn't some top 2 seed who cruised through the year, they struggled against some severely limited teams (Syracuse and BC included) and happened to catch lightening in a bottle (much like SU in 2016). With that said, I wouldn't be so quick to call the Miami experiment the blueprint for future success. They are competing alongside San Diego State and FAU, two teams who most certainly do not billion dollar backers. Where did their success come from?
Sorry to break it to you San Diego state would regularly gets multi million dollar donations from John moore who used to own the Padres i don't know his net worth but its in the Billions I assure you that. And Dianne Bashor is a Billionaire and SDSU named their football field after them, SDSU has no shortage of Billionaires laying around.

Yeah usually with a business transaction, which nil is supposed to be, there’s consideration coming back from the fee paid.

If he’s getting it indirectly through publicly instead of services, there’s nothing wrong with that. That’s his return on the investment.

There is if it leads to violations at the school or puts the university in a bad light.
by all accounts that have been posted, JW comments about Adam and articles written he has done everything properly. According to what i read he checks with compliance at SU before he does anything. My two cents is that someone got their underwear in a knot vs Adam being out of bounds

Sorry to break it to you San Diego state would regularly gets multi million dollar donations from John moore who used to own the Padres i don't know his net worth but its in the Billions I assure you that. And Dianne Bashor is a Billionaire and SDSU named their football field after them, SDSU has no shortage of Billionaires laying around.
Perhaps they do, but the point remains that they didn't appear to buy a team yet they are in the final four. So was Miami the rule or the exception?

by all accounts that have been posted, JW comments about Adam and articles written he has done everything properly. According to what i read he checks with compliance at SU before he does anything. My two cents is that someone got their underwear in a knot vs Adam being out of bounds
That statement right there should tell you that whatever happened was a much bigger deal then what is being told. Take a neutral look at the situation and it becomes very hard to believe the school just bucked him because he was a little annoying.

And yes, I am arguing this because it is frustrating to see the school admin get chit on despite zero evidence they made some hasty and ill advised decision.

Last edited:
I have reason to believe this is the place to irrationally gripe about Adam Weitsman.

Well, I saw his stoneware collection at the New York State Museum a couple weeks ago and let me just say, I was completely underwhelmed.

The guy legit just posted yesterday a cryptic message about the SUNY Bingo hoops team, of course there's gonna be more beating of deceased horses.
Adam has a lot of money, but not nearly enough to get Binghamton to being a national interest. Let him spend his money. UVM will still crush their hopes.

Adam has a lot of money, but not nearly enough to get Binghamton to being a national interest. Let him spend his money. UVM will still crush their hopes.
Maybe Adam and Kornheiser will form a collective.

Not nearly enough? if he really wanted he could go to 7 players in top 50 and offer them hell 2 million a piece a year to come to Binghamton he would get some takers. And he wouldn’t even lose a minute of sleep over that amount. A billionaire is only limited by how big an ego they have. People are spending 3 million + for QBs 1.5 for a top guard isn’t crazy to a billionaire.

Not nearly enough? if he really wanted he could go to 7 players in top 50 and offer them hell 2 million a piece a year to come to Binghamton he would get some takers. And he wouldn’t even lose a minute of sleep over that amount. A billionaire is only limited by how big an ego they have. People are spending 3 million + for QBs 1.5 for a top guard isn’t crazy to a billionaire.
No top player will ever go to Binghamton.

Scooch, scooch, scooch.

Does anyone think that the money T. Boone Pickens has been giving to Texas A & M was given with no publicity. He may be the biggest athletic donor in history, I know of no one else. That money came with long strings attached.
Some people want to give quietly, fine others are more ostentatious, fine. The rules allow for NIL. Mo single person set SU sports back more than sanctimonious, Nancy Cantor. Let's not go down that route ever again. As long as Mr. Weitsman plays by the new rules I don't care if the Dome gets renamed the Scrap Metal Dome. He or She who writes the big checks deserve recognition if that is what they desire. Heck, as far as I am concerned longtime supporters like CTO deserve an academic building named in her honor. Same for Adam if he is a consistent, big time supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom