Weitsman | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keanu Reeves Lionsgate GIF by John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Is he a good guy? Sure. But he wants all the glory. Which is fine, but what I don't love is that he does it under the guise of being altruistic. He'll repost stuff to his story 5 or 6 different times when there's a news article of him doing a charitable thing. He also didn't want to do NIL deals with others. No collective, no business/entrpreneur collabs. It HAD to be ONLY him on his deals. That screams look at me. And if he moves on to helping Binghamton and not Cuse, that's a joke and it further proves he was just a fairweather cornball that wanted attention. There's no way Syracuse pushed him out for the hell of it and didn't try and work with him. But he was asked to not to be so "Ruiz at Miami" about it, and that goes against him getting all the glory.

I don’t understand why some here have had an issue with him posting some of his good doings or charity work, who cares? He’s still doing it. He doesn’t have to do it at all but still chooses to. And there’s so many things that he does that he doesn’t post. Also, who cares in the least that he pays to bring/brings celebrities to the games? It doesn’t effect us negatively in any way shape or form. He’s a massive booster that can help our program in the age of the NIL. I think the university made a mistake souring the relationship.

Is he a good guy? Sure. But he wants all the glory. Which is fine, but what I don't love is that he does it under the guise of being altruistic. He'll repost stuff to his story 5 or 6 different times when there's a news article of him doing a charitable thing. He also didn't want to do NIL deals with others. No collective, no business/entrpreneur collabs. It HAD to be ONLY him on his deals. That screams look at me. And if he moves on to helping Binghamton and not Cuse, that's a joke and it further proves he was just a fairweather cornball that wanted attention. There's no way Syracuse pushed him out for the hell of it and didn't try and work with him. But he was asked to not to be so "Ruiz at Miami" about it, and that goes against him getting all the glory.
Self-promotion is a real thing. Not everyone loves it and even fewer are good at it, but it is effective. I don’t disparage AW for being a good self-promoter.

I might be in the minority here, but I trust that SU is trying to make the best decisions they can.
I think it's like the school is trying to be as ultra conservative and low key as possible with anything to do with athletics. Hiring Wildhack was a very conservative move and basically all or most of his hires have been conservative. So it doesn't surprise me if they want no publicity at all when it comes to NIL.

Hopefully they give Red some latitude and let him flex his wings. I think, even short term, that if Pitino and Cooley hit homeruns next season and Red is hitting singles, then some of the fan base will get restless.

I don’t understand why some here have had an issue with him posting some of his good doings or charity work, who cares? He’s still doing it. He doesn’t have to do it at all but still chooses to. And there’s so many things that he does that he doesn’t post. Also, who cares in the least that he pays to bring/brings celebrities to the games? It doesn’t effect us negatively in any way shape or form. He’s a massive booster that can help our program in the age of the NIL. I think the university made a mistake souring the relationship.
That's cool and all but the dude never actually cared about the Syracuse basketball program, and he didn't want to play by the basic rules, so now he won't be contributing (because if he can't boast about it, he doesn't care), so he's irrelevant to the program now as far as I'm concerned. It's hilarious that you think the university made a mistake. But know none of the context for which you think they made a mistake. Wouldn't it be awesome to have 9 scholarships again?

I’ll be honest I don’t care why Syracuse soured this relationship the fact is it’s a complete lack of awareness on what’s going on in big time college sports. This is a business now and in this business you need to fight and grow to survive. Sitting on morals or whatever is fine but you might as well drop down to SUNY league. You need NIL money and as much of it as possible. On top of all that you need to be relevant because if you think conferences realignment is over you’re insane. Winning and $$$ maybe the only thing that keeps you with the big boys and if the Chancellor or whoever doesn’t realize that then they need to be removed asap or say we don’t want to be in this world and go play D3.
Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Some people here are so out of touch with reality it’s almost embarrassing. You don’t think there are any possible reasons that this relationship could’ve ended due to legitimate concerns? It has to be because the school admin (which isn’t made up of dumbasses despite what some believe) somehow doesn’t understand the importance of NIL (but yet a bunch of randoms on a forum board do?) and they’re just throwing in the towel? Jfc. Unbiased critical thinking would tell you that there is more the story than you know and that just maybe, the school set this man aside for a reason. A massive educational institution does not and should not bend the knee to some billionaire because he waves a few dollars around.

Last edited:
That's cool and all but the dude never actually cared about the Syracuse basketball program, and he didn't want to play by the basic rules, so now he won't be contributing (because if he can't boast about it, he doesn't care), so he's irrelevant to the program now as far as I'm concerned. It's hilarious that you think the university made a mistake. But know none of the context for which you think they made a mistake. Wouldn't it be awesome to have 9 scholarships again?
I’m not sure you grasp what NIL is.

1) Bones Jones isn’t an alum

2) Your description of my “random” selection process is inherently not random.

3) i pay so little attention to that man I can’t spell his name.
1) I know. That's why I included "and siblings of alums."

2) I concede. I should have put cherry picked instead of random.

3) You say you don't pay attention to the man yet you felt it necessary to include him on your short list? Seems odd.

1) I know. That's why I included "and siblings of alums."

2) I concede. I should have put cherry picked instead of random.

3) You say you don't pay attention to the man yet you felt it necessary to include him on your short list? Seems odd.
So providing examples is cherry picking?

I don’t follow his show - I can know who someone is without really tracking everything they do. I think someone who has large NH influence going to jail is a big enough issue for me to understand without actively following him.

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Some people here are so out of touch with reality it’s almost embarrassing. You don’t think there are any possible reasons that this relationship could’ve ended due to legitimate concerns? It has to be because the school admin (which isn’t made up of dumbasses despite what some believe) somehow doesn’t understand the importance of NIL (but yet a bunch of randoms on a forum board do?) and they’re just throwing in the towel? Jfc. Unbiased critical thinking would tell you that there is more the story than you know and that just maybe, the school set this man aside for a reason. A massive educational institution does not and should not bend the knee to some billionaire because he waves a few dollars around.
A few dollars? Do you comprehend the amount of $$ some of these players are getting in NIL, Miami paid over a million in NIL for their final 4 team. And now look at the amount of revenue that University and conference for that matter will get because they have a final 4 team. Do I like this? No I think its ridiculous but that's the world this NIL and transfer portal has created. Billionaires do not grow on trees, and you have one who is passionate about Syracuse University athletics, you do have to bend the knee in some respects. Unless you have a couple more Billionaires ready to take their place. I respect people who say they don't care and would rather lose, however a lot of the people who say tell AW to piss off are the ones who on here in February screaming how bad the team is. You just cant have it both ways keep that same energy year around.

Oh a side not to this whole thing, Georgetown just landed a high 4 star commit Drew Fielder from California, he had a NIL deal in place at Providence not sure what that was worth but rumor is he is getting around $220 K for him to flip to Georgetown. Its gross, its not the way I think this NIL stuff should happen, but its the world we are in today. Big time Boosters are a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom