Well forget about Oats | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Well forget about Oats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bama was down 20 in the 2nd half to Mizzou and now it's a 1 pt game with 1 min left. Gotta appreciate the heart and effort.
Good guys still won.

Oats only “connection “ to Syracuse is that he coached at Buffalo. Unsure if we could land him.

Well that ugly jacket nate had on today might be paying homage to.jb.

was listening to Paul Finebaum this week where an Alabama caller asked him what Alabama will do now that their bball coach is desirable.

PF at first said this is a first in AL bball program history that he can remember that their coach will be wanted by other programs, so he has no idea if Oates will stay. Finished with saying he expects Greg Byrne (AD) to do what needs to be done.

Oats only “connection “ to Syracuse is that he coached at Buffalo. Unsure if we could land him.

He'll prolly have some good options at the trajectory he's going, but then again some questioned if Hop would want to come back here when Washington won the PAC-12 two years ago.

was listening to Paul Finebaum this week where an Alabama caller asked him what Alabama will do now that their bball coach is desirable.

PF at first said this is a first in AL bball program history that he can remember that their coach will be wanted by other programs, so he has no idea if Oates will stay. Finished with saying he expects Greg Byrne (AD) to do what needs to be done.
I could see UK going after and landing him if Cal leaves sooner than later.

I could see UK going after and landing him if Cal leaves sooner than later.
Yes if Cal was to try the NBA again, a bigger threat could be Duke, what if K decides to retire after having a sub 500 season? after Brad Stevens he might be the next best option

Not likely because I bet he waits for JB to step aside to ensure he remains # 1 in all time wins leader

I know he made some comments about K, but I imagine their AD wants to win and get the next best coach available

Point is I bet Oates is also on UNC and Dukes radar

Biggest sure, but far from the best.Watching a game at the Dome is way down on the list of best venues.
The renovation is rectifying some of the issues, but if a kid wants to play in front of 35,000 fans screaming for them, there is only one place to do that. We have to get back to having that be a huge recruiting tool.

A really good article on CBS Sports website about Oats and Alabama basketball. This one quote really stood out to me on how his philosophy his coaching the game is different.

"Modern basketball, you're not catching a ball and putting it on your hip and staring at the defense for five seconds before you do anything. That's not how basketball's played anymore," Oats said. "But I'm sure dad, uncle, grandpa, professional skills trainer, you're gonna do all this mid-range, triple threat, all this old-fashioned garbage."

That kind of "old-fashion" offense seems like what we are seeing at SU. Oats style of play is so fun to watch and I can only imagine it is fun to play that way. It would be great to see SU play that style in the dome packed with 30,000+ fans.

The more i think about it im convinced that SU should replace JB with Red or Hop.
JB has built 6 decades of good will and very deep recruiting contacts for SU. He has almost exclusively kept everything in house. All SU all the way.
Hiring outside of the program, replacing JB with anyone other than a SU guy could destroy 50 years of our foundation.
I hope its Red who i fully expect to hire a dynamic recruiter and do an excellent job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom