Well forget about Oats | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Well forget about Oats

Status
Not open for further replies.
as soon as he left for alabama i knew that was pretty much the end of that!
IMO i just dont see oats leaving alabama for syracuse. Too many things in bamas favor again in IMO

...like what?
well lets see,. $$$$, facilites but that is probaly equal when it comes to bball, definately weather! im in the cuse right now just look out the window.oh yeah and did i mention $$

well lets see,. $$$$, facilites but that is probaly equal when it comes to bball, definately weather! im in the cuse right now just look out the window.oh yeah and did i mention $$

I think you’re guessing. It’s warmer there. That’s the only real definite. Syracuse has good facilities(I have no idea what Bama has beyond their seemingly nondescript home court), bigger fanbase, better conference, and strong recruiting base.

Last edited:

While I don’t think it’s sure things he would leave I think you’re overselling Bama and underselling Cuse.

IMO i just dont see oats leaving alabama for syracuse. Too many things in bamas favor again in IMO
Dont know how much it matters but cuse was his team growing up

While I don’t think it’s sure things he would leave I think you’re overselling Bama and underselling Cuse.
I would never undersell anything SYRACUSE ATHLETICS
They are damn near the only team that i follow 100% on different sites
Buffalo bills are in their as well but there's a gap between the two

Alabama is a FOOTBALL SCHOOL. Basketball will never be a big deal there.

Dont know how much it matters but cuse was his team growing up
Is that right? He is from Wisconsin. Why would he be a Syracuse fan. Only plausible explanation might be that he was born in 1974. So when he was 12 to 18 we were really good and Big Monday was must see TV. We even got kids from California. Miss those days.

yes so was marrone and we all know how that turned out
Besides the fact that he turned the program around and parlayed it into a high paying NFL job. Was he supposed to turn it down and stay.

Is that right? He is from Wisconsin. Why would he be a Syracuse fan. Only plausible explanation might be that he was born in 1974. So when he was 12 to 18 we were really good and Big Monday was must see TV. We even got kids from California. Miss those days.

I think you’re guessing. It’s warmer there. That’s the only real definite. Syracuse has good facilities(I have no idea what Bama has beyond their seemingly nondescript home court), bigger fanbase, better conference, and strong recruiting base.

No way that SU would exceed let alone match what Bama can pay him. The SU job is very attractive to an up and coming mid-major coach. I don't think it's as attractive to a coach at a Power 5 program as some here would think. We'll see. Actually we probably won't see. SU will prolly keep the search limited to former SU players.

No way that SU would match what Bama can pay him. The SU job is very attractive to an up and coming mid-major coach. I don't think it's as attractive to a coach at a Power 5 program as some here would think. We'll see. Actually we probably won't see. SU will prolly keep the search limited to former SU players.

What Bama “can” pay him and what they “will” pay him may not be the same. We care about hoops. Do they?

What Bama “can” pay him and what they “will” pay him may not be the same. We care about hoops. Do they?

He makes $2.5 mil per annum. You think SU can get to that level or above (which would most likely be required)? I'd need smelling salts if that happened.

We were paying JB $2.6 in 2017

And that’s with the “JB hometown discount”.

We don’t pay more because he doesn’t demand more.
Not because we can’t afford to.

In non-Covid years we lead the country in attendance.
We’re in an elite P5 hoops conference.

Wildhack will spend what is needed for the new coach, when that time arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom