Well forget about Oats | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Well forget about Oats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oats has a big mouth. He said some unflattering things about SU even after the game we beat him. He called SU soft. You don’t say that about another school. He hasn’t done enough to say crap like that. No one cares that he’s coaching at Alabama. Even fans in Alabama don’t care. The ball is too round to care in Alabama.

I didn’t have a problem with those comments, the comments about K are a bit unprofessional though

You guys make me laugh w the Oats to Syracuse nonsense. Truly hilarious that would ever happen. Jim was right to punch him figuratively in the nose. Outrageous to think K doesn’t want to coach when he’s prob in his last 2-4 seasons
If theyhave a nose to nose fight...give me $1000 on JB

I have no idea how good a coach he is but if someone didn't hire him because he said something mean about K then that's a bad look on the hiring person.
I would argue character should be a consideration when hiring someone and Oates has said some things that might make one pause. Some people like brashness, but most people don't. When building a career, regardless of the business, it's usually best not to say/ do things that might put off a large percentage of your potential future bosses.
He seems like a guy who's had some success and thinks because of that he's earned more respect than he is actually due.

Why was my "pro" Oates post move to its own thread. It was not off -color and was on topic, it just was not in line with Boeheim's sentiments?
My other post will likely be moved as well, even though it is fair comment on JB's post game statement.

you're dead wrong there
I know they’re friends and fairly loyal to each other, but it’s become fairly apparent over the years K’s a bit more about himself

I’m guessing Oats career will be on pause for a bit. Hope he likes Bama.

Not sure we'll need to take a collection for him any time soon. He essentially makes what JB makes per annum.

People can rip Oats all they want, but he gave his honest opinion. Coaches get scrutinized for giving vanilla, politically correct answers. And they get scrutinized for speaking candidly. They can’t win.

And there’s certainly some validity to Oat’s remarks. Coach K has proven the last several years he is not a good loser. In fact, he’s a complete jerk when he loses.

People can rip Oats all they want, but he gave his honest opinion. Coaches get scrutinized for giving vanilla, politically correct answers. And they get scrutinized for speaking candidly. They can’t win.

And there’s certainly some validity to Oat’s remarks. Coach K has proven the last several years he is not a good loser. In fact, he’s a complete when he loses.

He took his shots...and Jimmy took his.

Be interesting to see if we get anyone who gets in a tizzy over some of Boeheim’s presser comments supporting Oats though.

And there’s certainly some validity to Oat’s remarks. Coach K has proven the last several years he is not a good loser. In fact, he’s a complete jerk when he loses.

I wonder how many here would jump to K's defense if he wasn't a good friend of JB.

I think Boeheim’s opinion is incorrect here. But I have no issue with him making his comments.
I happen to agree with Oats.

K is full of chit.
I got no problem Boeheim defending his friend. If Duke beat either Illinois or Michigan State I doubt he says what he did.

K said this already.

I don't know. I don't call telling the truth a bad look.
Oats intentionally brought it up. No one asked him directly. He went out of his way to make an assumption about arguably the greatest coach in the last 30 years when no one pressed him or asked him about it.

just not smart ... no matter how true his statement was.

This is how the royal family started to decline.
Unless something strange happens SU will keep it in the family. Look at the Lacrosse program. Look at Mac to P
Marrone to Shaf.

Oats intentionally brought it up. No one asked him directly. He went out of his way to make an assumption about arguably the greatest coach in the last 30 years when no one pressed him or asked him about it.

just not smart ... no matter how true his statement was.
We need more of that. Not less. I appreciate when someone is willing to call a spade a spade. Because K is who he is, doesn't give him a pass not to be taken on. K brought up not having a season. He did it after he lost two home games. Everyone on this board thought the same thing Oats did.

Last edited:
We need more of that. Not less. I appreciate when someone is willing to call a spade a spade. Because K is who he is, doesn't give him a pass not to be taken on.
This is correct.
Oats has every right to call out K.
It may not be smart professionally but what Oats said was fair game.

K never got the scrutiny from the national media for the Zion Williamson lawsuit that is pending . Where it shows Zion’s family likely got paid off by Duke boosters.
National media ignores that story gee I wonder why.
Screw K.

In applaud JB for showing loyalty but when the NCAA nailed us for garbage in 2015 K didn’t open his mouth.
When JB got suspended all K said was not being able to talk to players was cruel.

He didn’t do chit for JB.

This is correct.
Oats has every right to call out K.
It may not be smart professionally but what Oats said was fair game.

K never got the scrutiny from the national media for the Zion Williamson lawsuit that is pending . Where it shows Zion’s family likely got paid off by Duke boosters.
National media ignores that story gee I wonder why.
Screw K.

In applaud JB for showing loyalty but when the NCAA nailed us for garbage in 2015 K didn’t open his mouth.
When JB got suspended all K said was not being able to talk to players was cruel.

He didn’t do chit for JB.
Oats had a right to say it and sure people were thinking it but it is still unprofessional. I laughed honestly but then again I never have liked K so I'm his target audience. Personally I'm a commercial real estate broker and have had people do things I think are questionable and while I may tell someone I work with or my wife I would never call the person out in front of others. I would look like a clown. That is what Oats his. His last name might as well be Hurley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom