Well forget about Oats | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Well forget about Oats

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you post this?
How?

Question do you live here in Syracuse/Central NY ? I have for just over 30 years all my life. I know how the community and local base operates and runs. I know how JB is viewed locally withing the community and within the University. He will have streets named after him dedications when he retires. When JB retires he is not retiring to Florida. He has earned the right to pick his successor.

Question do you live here in Syracuse/Central NY ? I have for just over 30 years all my life. I know how the community and local base operates and runs. I know how JB is viewed locally withing the community and within the University. He will have streets named after him dedications when he retires. When JB retires he is not retiring to Florida. He has earned the right to pick his successor.
You don’t get how business works.
It’s okay.

Won’t it be confusing having more than one street named after him?

You don’t get how business works.
It’s okay.

This is how College Basketball/Football Legendary HC business works in College sports towns like here. Same thing will happen at Duke Coach K will hire the next HC. Saban will hire the next HC for Alabama football. Just speaking locally here this is how it works here. JB is the biggest most powerful celebrity in Syracuse and CNY.

Damn, can’t you even read? Now, if anyone has lived in Syracuse for say...31 years, they obviously trump Cuserunner. Aside from that, I think we have our authority on all things Syracuse.

Lived here 34 years all my life.

This is how College Basketball/Football Legendary HC business works in College sports towns like here. Same thing will happen at Duke Coach K will hire the next HC. Saban will hire the next HC for Alabama football. Just speaking locally here this is how it works here. JB is the biggest most powerful celebrity in Syracuse and CNY.
You don't understand how college sports work, do you?

Unless something strange happens SU will keep it in the family. Look at the Lacrosse program. Look at Mac to P
Marrone to Shaf.
Then how did Babers get here?

No they won’t.
Bobby Bowden didn’t hire Jimbo Fisher.
Joe Paterno didn’t hire Bill O’Brian.
Urban Meyer didn’t hire Will Muschamp
Mack Brown didn’t hire Charlie Strong

Nick Saban will not hire Alabama’s next HC.
Nor will K hire Duke’s next HC.

You are literally just making chit up.

No they won’t.
Bobby Bowden didn’t hire Jumbo Fisher.

Bowden didn't go out they way and standing JB will go out winning wise, Joe Pa do we even have to discuss how he went out. Urban wasn't at Ohio state his entire career, Mack Brown same thing and he didn't go out on top. Saban if he retires at Alabama will, same with Coach K, and JB. And they should hire the next guy. Now am I saying JB is going to be in the room negotiating the next HC contract figures no of course not. But he will call interview and make the next HC hire pick. That guy doesn't matter if he continues to flop at UW it will still be Hopkins and that is the right choice.

No they won’t.
Bobby Bowden didn’t hire Jimbo Fisher.

ehhh...got to disagree with a couple here.

Jimbo was the OC on Bowdens crummy teams and still got the HC gig.
Paterno died in disgrace..kind of hard there

look at Dean Smith and old what’s his name...Bill Guthridge
Bo Schembechler and Gary Mollher

it happens more than you are suggesting.

i absolutely think K will have a say on Dukes and I absolutely think JB will as long as he is alive and coherent

Bowden didn't go out they way and standing JB will go out winning wise, Joe Pa do we even have to discuss how he went out. Urban wasn't at Ohio state his entire career, Mack Brown same thing and he didn't go out on top. Saban if he retires at Alabama will, same with Coach K, and JB. And they should hire the next guy. Now am I saying JB is going to be in the room negotiating the next HC contract figures no of course not. But he will call interview and make the next HC hire pick. That guy doesn't matter if he continues to flop at UW it will still be Hopkins and that is the right choice.
You keep on living in your fantasy world.

The future is going to be a shock to you. Be prepared.

You keep on living in your fantasy world.

The future is going to be a shock to you. Be prepared.

If you don't think Mike Hopkins will be the HC, and JB will have the lot to do with it then idk what to tell you. Be prepared to be shocked guess. JB knows the program the university/community and the base better then anybody. If Hopkins is not the Coach the base will riot and JB knows this and even more Hop is the best man for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom