WF attendance and noise | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

WF attendance and noise

90 and mostly sunny. Reminds me of that day in College Park in 2019. Actually let’s not think about that.

I’m glad it’s 3:30 instead of noon. IIRC, for noon games the FSU sideline is in the shade while the away sideline bakes in the sun. 3:30 game in early October might be a little easier.
It will be...first half will be brutal but the 2nd half shouldn't be bad down on the field

90 and mostly sunny. Reminds me of that day in College Park in 2019. Actually let’s not think about that.

I’m glad it’s 3:30 instead of noon. IIRC, for noon games the FSU sideline is in the shade while the away sideline bakes in the sun. 3:30 game in early October might be a little easier.
it might seriously be worth it for them to look into some sun protection canopies to get them in the shade. Makes a HUGE difference. Whomever here calls into shows with Dino bring that up!

Won't get that many until kids 5-11 can come in without $200 covid tests
Considering we’ll have a legitimate heisman candidate and a week to flaunt it, people will come.

1. Again, if we beat FSU. I really hate this matchup.

2. If Tucker has a good game.

3. if SU doesn’t squander the marketing op

Lou managed to survice last week in that same time slot.. but they did play worse in the 2nd half.

Good call, I’m hopeful if we end up having a 3pm kick that won’t be an issue and everyone stays the whole game.
Wouldn't a 3 pm kick make it more likely people leave early for dinner? End of the 3rd quarter would be roughly between 5:30 and 6:00. A noon start makes it the least likely people leave for dinner.

Wouldn't a 3 pm kick make it more likely people leave early for dinner? End of the 3rd quarter would be roughly between 5:30 and 6:00. A noon start makes it the least likely people leave for dinner.
Not a fan of noon games. At all. More time to taligate/eat at later games. The Dome has food. I'm at a football game. Why on earth would I be thinking about dinner? (To each his own,of course) I'm already eating a Dome dog and some Nachos... and then some.

Not a fan of noon games. At all. More time to taligate/eat at later games. The Dome has food. I'm at a football game. Why on earth would I be thinking about dinner? (To each his own,of course) I'm already eating a Dome dog and some Nachos... and then some.
I believe the idea is that the extra people showing up on that weekend don't care about the game. They take in the atmosphere for a bit while visiting their kid for the weekend and then take them to dinner. What college kid is gonna turn down a free meal from mom and dad?

When I had season tickets I never ate at the dome. I'd eat before I caught my shuttle at the mall and then go to a restaurant after the game, if it was a nooner or midafternoon game. Once I got to my seat, I was there for the duration.

I believe the idea is that the extra people showing up on that weekend don't care about the game. They take in the atmosphere for a bit while visiting their kid for the weekend and then take them to dinner. What college kid is gonna turn down a free meal from mom and dad?

When I had season tickets I never ate at the dome. I'd eat before I caught my shuttle at the mall and then go to a restaurant after the game, if it was a nooner or midafternoon game. Once I got to my seat, I was there for the duration.

Yeah, I totally don't get the fascination with Dome cuisine:

totally overpriced, nasty, mass-produced slop.

I'd get a Dome Foam, because: BEER!!!
But otherwise, why does anybody eat anything at a sporting event??
Eat real/good food before, and after.

During? Watch the damn game.

The guy next to me at the Rutgers game crushed I think chicken tenders, hot dog, and maybe some nachos. It was impressive.

Yeah, I totally don't get the fascination with Dome cuisine:

totally overpriced, nasty, mass-produced slop.

I'd get a Dome Foam, because: BEER!!!
But otherwise, why does anybody eat anything at a sporting event??
Eat real/good food before, and after.

During? Watch the damn game.
You take that back

This needs to be marketed far and wide by SU to recruits, in ads whatever and wherever. If we can somehow get by FSU, and get 40,000+ for wake that place will be nuts!

Let’s hope it happens, will be fun. And let’s embrace it gang we apparently now likely have the loudest college football stadium venue in the entire country.

These coaches, like Freeze, will slowly learn the “Loud House” is (as a good friend just texted me) is now the “Louder House”! I’m guessing it’s nearly 50% louder vs the old dome roof.

Last edited:

This needs to be marketed far and wide by SU to recruits, in ads whatever and wherever. If we can somehow get by FSU, and get 40,000+ for wake that place will be nuts!

Let’s hope it happens, will be fun.
Interesting thing happened today as I brought my oldest to the orthodontist; one of the workers there was wearing a Syracuse lanyard. Then when I dropped her off in front of the high school, a kid was wearing a Syracuse hat. I’m 30 minutes north of Albany and don’t typically see Cuse gear around here. Hoping people are taking notice. We have a fun smash mouth football team.

I eat a concerning amount of dome dogs

What of it
I think since the Dome opened 41 years ago, and even after attending nearly every football game, a majority of basketball games, and a fair number of lacrosse games, I have only once had a Dome Dog.

Won't get that many until kids 5-11 can come in without $200 covid tests
No young kids! This is great! You don’t have to watch your language! I tell ya, when we don’t QB sneak on 3rd and 1...I let the expletives fly!

th