WF attendance and noise | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

WF attendance and noise

CNY would certainly take great pride in celebrating something like a decibel meter. Whenever we are challenged to break a basketball attendance record, it happens. Not only being told we are the Loud House, but proving it and celebrating it takes it to a whole different level.
Put it up where the old C A R R I E R D O M E marquee was in the endzone. That would be fantastic.

It might be time to create a new Twitter handle, RandomGuyintheDome.

Your tweets about the decibel levels during the game with video would be awesome.

Promote those tweets with posts in the forum that take people to your tweets.
Anyone can download a Db meter app for their smartphone. Some only go to 100db , and are useless. Others claim 130db. Although accuracy is iffy. If its free? Download it and flood the internet. A MAX function is extremely useful. Measures peak volume and stores that reading.

I chose a semi-professional one, as I have other uses. (I'm the guitar player that doesn't want to turn down.lol) Those will accurately read up to 130db. Jet engine. Over that is the threshold of pain.

I fully believe the dome can be over 130db. If the University ever did it, they'd have to spend as much as $69.

Anyone can download a Db meter app for their smartphone. Some only go to 100db , and are useless. Others claim 130db. Although accuracy is iffy. If its free? Download it and flood the internet. A MAX function is extremely useful. Measures peak volume and stores that reading.

I chose a semi-professional one, as I have other uses. (I'm the guitar player that doesn't want to turn down.lol) Those will accurately read up to 130db. Jet engine. Over that is the threshold of pain.

I fully believe the dome can be over 130db. If the University ever did it, they'd have to spend as much as $69.

NIIICE. :cool:

So...34k?

I think that's probably a bridge to far. I think Upper 20K- 30K is possible but wouldn't bet my life on it. The loss last week plus another idyllic weather forecast for this Sat will have walk ups non-existent.

I think that's probably a bridge to far. I think Upper 20K- 30K is possible but wouldn't bet my life on it. The loss last week plus another idyllic weather forecast for this Sat will have walk ups non-existent.
and the having to get tested if not vaccinated

We’re better than our record indicates, there should be a buzz at this point. I’m guessing a loud 35k?

I'd be shocked if we were anywhere close to 35K Sat, its not gonna happen.

Albany was 30,156, which implies we have over 25K of season tickets sold.

A 3:30 pm start is a little better for people sitting on the fence about going.

Thinking in the 32K range.

As I posted before we have family weekend, military appreciation, and it’s in the three game pack, I’m hoping for 35.

Agreed but even for the Rutty game don't think we have had even 75% of the season ticket holders show up. Asking close to 100% to show up during covid and a great fall day with a 3-2 SU team seems highly unlikely.

I'm of the impression that the students will show up because it's a relatively early game on friends and family weekend and most parents haven't been on campus to see the new Dome in person...

Agreed but even for the Rutty game don't think we have had even 75% of the season ticket holders show up. Asking close to 100% to show up during covid and a great fall day with a 3-2 SU team seems highly unlikely.
Sorry, I was talking about reported attendance, i.e. tickets sold.

Actually fannies in the seats? Yes, much different.

This year, we are seeing unprecedented numbers of no shows. Hoping it gets better as the team gets more interesting and the weather gets worse. I doubt the mask restictions and the issues with getting kids in the dome are going to get resolved this season. That probably means the number of no shows is going to remain unusually high.

The best hope is for the football team to get some wins and get a buzz going.

if we know we are getting like 50-70% of the season ticket people to show up and then 3-5K of single game tickets then there is a pretty good shot we sell 3-5K more for this game because of promotions and multi game packs kicking in at some point.. If 21K turns into 25-27K in the building it will be loud and if it becomes 30K then its a matter of how long SU keeps the crowd involved.

Not sure if mentioned, parent's weekend. My tickets sold 2 weeks ago and for a profit. Worried though that they will all leave early to take Jr. to dinner.

Ticketmaster map is looking good

I really enjoy that they are selling them in every other row opposite the side of where the cameras are to give it a more full experience.

Kudos to the ticketing team for that

now if only they would paint the bleachers orange and blue

Ticketmaster map is looking good

I really enjoy that they are selling them in every other row opposite the side of where the cameras are to give it a more full experience.

Kudos to the ticketing team for that

now if only they would paint the bleachers orange and blue

Something is off on that Ticketmaster map. We haven't had anyone in the higher part of the upper deck on the visitors sideline all year. Yet those tickets were never available on the map.

Now there are whole rows open, and whole rows unavaible, every other row. And they alternate by section. I think they're probably all unsold, but they're just releasing piecemeal until some sell.

Something is off on that Ticketmaster map. We haven't had anyone in the higher part of the upper deck on the visitors sideline all year. Yet those tickets were never available on the map.

Now there are whole rows open, and whole rows unavaible, every other row. And they alternate by section. I think they're probably all unsold, but they're just releasing piecemeal until some sell.

Yes, but the rows were all lower and now they have moved up.

Im assuming it’s because the lower ones sold.

Going every other row will give the appearance that the dome is more full than it actually is

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom