WF attendance and noise | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

WF attendance and noise

Right now they are not selling on the home side upper deck. My guess is that they want to try to get more people on the north upper deck which has been an eyesore for TV cameras. Just a stab really.

Right now they are not selling on the home side upper deck. My guess is that they want to try to get more people on the north upper deck which has been an eyesore for TV cameras. Just a stab really.

Yeah I think you’re absolutely accurate

This needs to be marketed far and wide by SU to recruits, in ads whatever and wherever. If we can somehow get by FSU, and get 40,000+ for wake that place will be nuts!

Let’s hope it happens, will be fun. And let’s embrace it gang we apparently now likely have the loudest college football stadium venue in the entire country.

These coaches, like Freeze, will slowly learn the “Loud House” is (as a good friend just texted me) is now the “Louder House”! I’m guessing it’s nearly 50% louder vs the old dome roof.
And for goodness sakes, put a Decibel meter in the dome. In 2019 vs Clemson, I measured 2 readings that would be top ten loudest college stadiums. In a game with almost nothing to cheer about. 124 db in the opening drive.

I''ve proved it. Its about time the University OFFICIALLY proves it. Not only a fantastic recruiting tool, but if the video board posts that the crowd just posted the 6TH LOUDEST college stadium of all time? And then GET LOUDER! ? Do you think that will motivate a sea of drunks and college students to get crazier? I sure do. We'll go nuts. It also reinforces a motivated 12th man, and challenges them to be the best, just like fans ask of the team.

This is one of our few facility advantages. Its about time we market it, and make it part of the game day experience. Heck. Supply additional noise makers on game day.

PROVE IT.

And for goodness sakes, put a Decibel meter in the dome. In 2019 vs Clemson, I measured 2 readings that would be top ten loudest college stadiums. In a game with almost nothing to cheer about. 124 db in the opening drive.

I''ve proved it. Its about time the University OFFICIALLY proves it. Not only a fantastic recruiting tool, but if the video board posts that the crowd just posted the 6TH LOUDEST college stadium of all time? And then GET LOUDER! ? Do you think that will motivate a sea of drunks and college students to get crazier? I sure do. We'll go nuts. It also reinforces a motivated 12th man, and challenges them to be the best, just like fans ask of the team.

This is one of our few facility advantages. Its about time we market it, and make it part of the game day experience. Heck. Supply additional noise makers on game day.

PROVE IT.
I fully agree and support this. I’d probably pop a few blood vessels trying to yell louder.

I fully agree and support this. I’d probably pop a few blood vessels trying to yell louder.
Yepp. Who the heck wouldn't? Do you want to hear on Sports Center, that Syracuse just posted the 4th? Loudest ever recorded? The 3rd? The 2cnd? The BEST? Knowing that was YOU? Do you want them to talk about it?

Will the students stay at their parties, or go to the Dome instead, to show the world just how awesome THEY are? Make it about the fans, too.

Use your assets.

(My meter was less than $20. )

PROVE IT.

How much for one?

leta put together a donation and specifically earmark it for a decibel meter.

it’ll be sponsored by Syracusefan.com

I’m all in

PROVE IT.
1633012698587.png

PROVE IT.

Good call. Some big digital noise meters would be sweet.

How much for one?

leta put together a donation and specifically earmark it for a decibel meter.

it’ll be sponsored by Syracusefan.com

I’m all in
That $20 could really set them back...lol. Although, to be official, it needs to be calibrated, and put in a specific location.

After sufficiently tailgating for Clemson/19... lol. When the team ran out, I recorded either a 128, or a 124db. I foolishly did not take a photo, as it's always louder on a big play, than team intros. . I figured that was a warm up, at best. I did make a note that it was 124db on the opening drive, where nothing happened. Quickly became apparent that we may not have any big plays. I snapped this photo during a TV timeout. Servais threw his hands up trying to keep the crowd involved because excitement was fading. Nowhere near as loud as the team intro. Good for 7th loudest. My other readings were good for 5th/4th. We would have been WAY louder, if something had actually happened.

Screenshot_20210930-110340_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
people also always wonder where the dome is the loudest.. Even the Tv crews could do this with reporters.. have someone down on the field. in the lower deck and the upper deck.. its all a mystery now.
This can be calculated. With a parabola or true concave surface (roof) the focal point would be somewhere on a vertical axis directly in the middle of the field. (Why your satellite dish is shaped like that.) While that may not hold true, based on where the noise is coming from, its reasonable to believe its loudest at field level.

Last edited:
I think you're right about camera-friendly angles. When I worked for the Freedom Bowl in 1989 at the Big A in Anaheim (UW vs. Emmitt Smith and Florida), the brain trust was quite focused on selling tickets in certain sections where the camera could display throngs of cheering fans. They called it "Dressing the House."

I think you're right about camera-friendly angles. When I worked for the Freedom Bowl in 1989 at the Big A in Anaheim (UW vs. Emmitt Smith and Florida), the brain trust was quite focused on selling tickets in certain sections where the camera could display throngs of cheering fans. They called it "Dressing the House."
Aye, I sit on the players side and the North side looks empty. Then when I rewatch my tape it looks like the south side is much better which includes the students. Seems foolish from a PR standpoint.

I wish they would start ringing those chimes the second the offensive player goes down and third down starts. I think someone said this earlier but it really does bring out a Pavlovian reaction when the chimes ring. Unfortunately they don’t usually ring them until the other team has already gotten their play call in.

PROVE IT.
Put the meter with a large display on the wall opposite the student section. That way they can cheer louder to move the needle.

Put the meter with a large display on the wall opposite the student section. That way they can cheer louder to move the needle.
If the Dome were to display that sound meter there might be aural liability issues for the university. They might require not only masks, but earplugs too. Where will it stop? Who knows what other holes fans might be required to plug?
Egad, the optics on this are disgusting.

CNY would certainly take great pride in celebrating something like a decibel meter. Whenever we are challenged to break a basketball attendance record, it happens. Not only being told we are the Loud House, but proving it and celebrating it takes it to a whole different level.

I don't think we pump in noise, but the band and the PA announcer and the sound effects (like the 3rd down bell) need to shut the hell up once the opposing team comes up to the line. It's technically against the rules and pretty poor sportsmanship.

Sometimes Mr. Excitement is riffing. Can't stop the flow!