What a fun first game for this Syracuse dad! | Syracusefan.com

What a fun first game for this Syracuse dad!

Boston Tiger

Walk On
It was very interesting to hit campus yesterday. Here are my thoughts on the day:

1) That was a great gameplan last night. Hit WVU in the mouth and test their toughness (they failed). The only time I questioned a call was at the end of the half, when SU should have simply run out the clock rather than trying a pass and giving WVU a chance for a cheap score. Luckily, they didn't take advantage of that chance.

2) The Carrier dome can rock when the fans really get into it! Unfortunately, there weren't many times when that happened. I was surprised by how quite things seemed at times, when the game was still in doubt. Also, it seemed to have a basketball mentality, ramping up their yells when SU threatens to score.

3) I can see why there's been so much talk about shaking keys on this site. There were a lot of students doing that on key WVU third or fourth downs. I can see how Keybank would have thought that was a good tradition to start, but it's better to make as much noise as possible to disrupt the opponent's offense.

4) The Varsity was a blast. My daughter is a freshman in the band, and she told us to hustle down there when the game ended. We barely made it in before the band arrived, but it was well worth it!

5) Parking and transportation to the Skytop lot sucks. Next time I come to a game, I'll gladly pay the $20 or whatever to be somewhere within walking distance. That ride out to Skytop must have been hell for the WVU fans, but I don't mind about that. I can't work up any sympathy for fans who boo when a defensive player for the other team goes down.

It was very interesting to hit campus yesterday. Here are my thoughts on the day:

1) That was a great gameplan last night. Hit WVU in the mouth and test their toughness (they failed). The only time I questioned a call was at the end of the half, when SU should have simply run out the clock rather than trying a pass and giving WVU a chance for a cheap score. Luckily, they didn't take advantage of that chance.

2) The Carrier dome can rock when the fans really get into it! Unfortunately, there weren't many times when that happened. I was surprised by how quite things seemed at times, when the game was still in doubt. Also, it seemed to have a basketball mentality, ramping up their yells when SU threatens to score.

3) I can see why there's been so much talk about shaking keys on this site. There were a lot of students doing that on key WVU third or fourth downs. I can see how Keybank would have thought that was a good tradition to start, but it's better to make as much noise as possible to disrupt the opponent's offense.

4) The Varsity was a blast. My daughter is a freshman in the band, and she told us to hustle down there when the game ended. We barely made it in before the band arrived, but it was well worth it!

5) Parking and transportation to the Skytop lot sucks. Next time I come to a game, I'll gladly pay the $20 or whatever to be somewhere within walking distance. That ride out to Skytop must have been hell for the WVU fans, but I don't mind about that. I can't work up any sympathy for fans who boo when a defensive player for the other team goes down.

You couldn't have picked a better game. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom