What about Marek | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What about Marek

He’s just as clueless on offense.
I don't think he's clueless, he just prefers to pass and is not comfortable looking to score every time he touches the ball. He is like the bizarro Buddy. He will quickly shut down the aggression if he is unsuccessful in a couple attempts to create his own offense. But that is when we could use a little lineup shuffling and experimenting. But no, we'll just stick with the same 6 do or die. Mostly die

Marek has not been as good this year but we should be building statues for him. He has bailed us out of a coaching staff failure for 2 years here. Don't want him back? Are you crazy? In the right role and with - dare I say - any other team in the league Marek would be the guy our fanbase would be asking "when does that guy graduate?" I would love to see a lineup of Marek, Q, Jesse, AG and Kadary - just for 5 minutes.

I don't need to rehash the plenty of points here, but the little floater he shot from the baseline instead of going up and dunking really was frustrating. I think people exaggerate the times a player should "just dunk it" but in that spot... it was just wide open and an easy dunk especially with a little momentum. All I could think of was what this guy would have done.

I don't need to rehash the plenty of points here, but the little floater he shot from the baseline instead of going up and dunking really was frustrating. I think people exaggerate the times a player should "just dunk it" but in that spot... it was just wide open and an easy dunk especially with a little momentum. All I could think of was what this guy would have done.

Remember perfect entry passes like that? What I wouldn't give for a guard who could (and would) feed the post like that. Oh wait. We have one of those...

Ah, the Warrick dunks! I think the best one he had was at Miami, the year after the championship, baptizing the Hurricanes' new arena.

Marek’s a support player. The type of player most great teams have.

He can’t play to his strengths often though because he’s the guy our coaching staff relies on to make up for their inability to recruit and develop the center position effectively.

That is a ridiculous statement. The local fire dept takes care of cats in trees. Our kids don't do that. Sheesh.
Only since cat rescue man transferred.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom