What are we doing here? Sing along Saturday? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What are we doing here? Sing along Saturday?

I stand with my original post. It is the Dome and Syracuse basketball, not a piano bar. Just an embarrassment. I sincerely hope this isn’t mentioned nationally and we can all go on with our lives and pretend this never happened.

I stand with my original post. It is the Dome and Syracuse basketball, not a piano bar. Just an embarrassment. I sincerely hope this isn’t mentioned nationally and we can all go on with our lives and pretend this never happened.

I hope this was a one time deal. It was awkward and out of place. The guy could play, but it just didn't fit time wise and for a basketball game.

With all the BS they cram into every timeout (promotions, announcements, etc...) the poor piano guy only got to play about 30-45 seconds during each break.

My contribution to the SU athletic program if I ever won the powerball would be to donate whatever money they make from those advertising reads so Mr. Excitement can STF up to allow the band to play 100% of the dead ball time.

Isnt the real problem that it would cost a family of four over $400 to get decent tickets to see Syracuse play Niagara? But i digress.

Isnt the real problem that it would cost a family of four over $400 to get decent tickets to see Syracuse play Niagara? But i digress.
Really? I'm sure there were plenty of seats available for $20 each or less. Scalpers aren't making any money this year. People don't need to be such a snob. Or cheap. There were a lot of empty seats.

Really? I'm sure there were plenty of seats available for $20 each or less. Scalpers aren't making any money this year. People don't need to be such a snob. Or cheap. There were a lot of empty seats.

I can only speak for myself. I'm done sitting in seats at the Dome that don't exist in any other basketball arena in the Country. I dont blame this on Syracuse, and I know some people dig those seats, but i feel extremely detached from the action up there. It's one think if the game is an event, where you just want to get into the building, but definitely not for Niagara.

I am coming from Albany so i want tickets in hand. I'm not separating from my wife and kids, and that significantly impacts seating options. Most tickets available on the re-sale sights are in pairs.

Through SU, nothing was available in the lower bowl (what would conceptually be the lower bowl) for under $100 per. I dont know what to tell you. I'm not cheap. My cost of entry last night would have been roughly $650. That's four tickets, parking, a hotel room, and travel costs. That's pricey to see a poor opponent during a school recess period, when the school should be courting fans. I made the decision to watch from my den.

I actually saw UAlbany play Niagara a few weeks ago. Tickets, parking, and refreshments ran me like $75. I get the economic factors involved here, but that is quite the spread.

And now i've really digressed. ;) Sorry.

I can only speak for myself. I'm done sitting in seats at the Dome that don't exist in any other basketball arena in the Country. I dont blame this on Syracuse, and I know some people dig those seats, but i feel extremely detached from the action up there. It's one think if the game is an event, where you just want to get into the building, but definitely not for Niagara.

I am coming from Albany so i want tickets in hand. I'm not separating from my wife and kids, and that significantly impacts seating options. Most tickets available on the re-sale sights are in pairs.

Through SU, nothing was available in the lower bowl (what would conceptually be the lower bowl) for under $100 per. I dont know what to tell you. I'm not cheap. My cost of entry last night would have been roughly $650. That's four tickets, parking, a hotel room, and travel costs. That's pricey to see a poor opponent during a school recess period, when the school should be courting fans. I made the decision to watch from my den.

I actually saw UAlbany play Niagara a few weeks ago. Tickets, parking, and refreshments ran me like $75. I get the economic factors involved here, but that is quite the spread.

yeah cause Ualbany and Syracuse are the same caliber basketball. One team plays in the America East a conference hardly anyone knows exists and is a step above D-2 barely. And one plays in the ACC a nationally branded conference.

come on man. Thats like comparing the pricing of a double a baseball game to an MLB game.

With all the BS they cram into every timeout (promotions, announcements, etc...) the poor piano guy only got to play about 30-45 seconds during each break.

Maybe they should have called it Name that Tune instead? They could have given out Trico Wiper Blades, a Delta Sonic Car Wash or maybe a seat in the Raymour & Flanigan Courtside Living Room to the winners.

Last edited:

I can save you 300+ bucks. Here are four tickets for next Saturday's 4 pm game on Stubhub on the lower level for $49 each vs Notre Dame (in an actual ACC conference game). Plus you don't need a hotel room since the game ends at 6 pm. And if you pack a cooler you won't need to buy lunch or dinner. Just maybe $50 worth of snacks/sodas inside the Dome. I have season tickets and make that trek from Albany at least twelve times a season so I know it's not cheap.

The first few minutes before the North Florida tip off the music (club music) was good. The crowd really got into it. I hope they continue that . Best I’ve heard to get the crowd into it .

God forbid that something is done to breath life into the corpses at the basketball game.
It's entertainment, not a religious gathering.
For bball, out of a 120 minutes of attendance, not counting pre-game and including timeouts, halftime, etc., only 40 minutes (1/3) is actual basketball.
For SU FB it's worse. A study of the NFL found 11 minutes of action and 100 commercials.
A lot of folks on here slam soccer, but 90/120 minutes is play.

God forbid that something is done to breath life into the corpses at the basketball game.
It's entertainment, not a religious gathering.
For bball, out of a 120 minutes of attendance, not counting pre-game and including timeouts, halftime, etc., only 40 minutes (1/3) is actual basketball.
For SU FB it's worse. A study of the NFL found 11 minutes of action and 100 commercials.
A lot of folks on here slam soccer, but 90/120 minutes is play.

That is not inherent in the sport. It is a symptom of how we are ruining those sports in the drive for Mo Money.

lol. Just my opinion, but this is a dramatic overreaction. They tried something. It didn't work. Sheesh.
1577712546537.gif

yeah cause Ualbany and Syracuse are the same caliber basketball. One team plays in the America East a conference hardly anyone knows exists and is a step above D-2 barely. And one plays in the ACC a nationally branded conference.

come on man. Thats like comparing the pricing of a double a baseball game to an MLB game.
I think you're missing the part where both teams played the same crappy opponent. Thus it sort of is the 'same caliber basketball.'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom