What are we expecting on Wednesday? The rest of the way? | Syracusefan.com

What are we expecting on Wednesday? The rest of the way?

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
I'd love to say I expect a focused, high energy performance where we come in and take care of business but I have a few hurdles to clear mentally first...1) I don't think we are good enough for any of us to say that with focus and energy we are good enough to take care of business against anyone. 2) I think the fact that we are playing someone we have already beaten twice is bad for a team who, IMHO, seems to have no trouble thinking they are better than they are,, and doesn't always seem engaged and locked in. 3) At any level the only teams I've seen beat somebody 3 times in a season is when the victor is really good and we are not.

I"m on record we don't need the game as we are in the dance. That said I think I'm glad we don't need it, as I don't trust this team to do the right thing so to speak. Who thinks we have a better chance of going 0-2 in the next 2 than 1-1 or 2-0? I hate that those thoughts are entering my mind. I miss being really good ha.

with the exception of Ga Tech, we have certainly proven that we can beat stiffs, and Pitt/BC are both terrible, BC is now missing one of their better players too. We have also certainly proven that we can hang with really good teams for a while but that we wear down and end up getting smacked, unless they are down 2 starters
So, win Wednesday which locks up an already close to locked up bid, then say goodnight against Duke, whether Zion plays or not. hope i am wrong (about the Duke game!)

I'd love to say I expect a focused, high energy performance where we come in and take care of business but I have a few hurdles to clear mentally first...1) I don't think we are good enough for any of us to say that with focus and energy we are good enough to take care of business against anyone. 2) I think the fact that we are playing someone we have already beaten twice is bad for a team who, IMHO, seems to have no trouble thinking they are better than they are,, and doesn't always seem engaged and locked in. 3) At any level the only teams I've seen beat somebody 3 times in a season is when the victor is really good and we are not.

I"m on record we don't need the game as we are in the dance. That said I think I'm glad we don't need it, as I don't trust this team to do the right thing so to speak. Who thinks we have a better chance of going 0-2 in the next 2 than 1-1 or 2-0? I hate that those thoughts are entering my mind. I miss being really good ha.

I think you get a good effort from the Cuse Wednesday night. For as mediocre as the team has been this year now they all know this is the postseason. I expect you see a highly motivated Battle, Oshae driving to the hoop and Hughes draining some shots. BC nor Pit are very good. BC is more dangerous but plays very soft defense. I expect a solid win for Cuse and then a battle against Duke in round 3.

Regarding dook...Zion is obviously super talented but him playing does make them a bit more one dimensional. You'll have to see how RJ reacts to being the man and then becoming second fiddle. Bolden hurt us a bunch in the 2nd half of the last game and he won't be playing so our beanpoles may shockingly have an advantage inside. If Coach K chooses to play O'Connell that means DeLaurier sits and we really can do some things inside. I actually like our chances.

Cuse!

Syracuse has beaten everyone from 10-15 in the ACC standings (except GT) and has lost once to everyone (except for Louisville) from 1-9. This team is what it is. I expect that trend to continue: Win Weds and Lose Thurs.

Last edited:
Win We’d by 13 then Thurs an 8 point loss due to poor free throw shooting

Hard to beat teams a 3rd time. The team 2 up is complacent and the team that lost twice is determined. Any team that depends on 3's can lose any game (us). On paper we should win the first game. Trying to handicap this year's up and down team is a fool's errand but I'm not optimistic about this group the way they have played down the stretch.

Lose Wednesday, 2 seed in the NIT. ( I am very cowardly trying to keep from getting my hopes up at all )

win wednesday. lose thursday.

win 1st round ncaas, lose 2nd round.

I wouldn't venture a guess on the NCAAT until we have a confirmed matchup.

But win then lose in the ACCT sounds logical.

Effort, passion out of the players. Game planning, in game excellence by the coaches. End result 10 point or greater win 8 seed, positive team chemistry heading into the next tournament.

I feel pretty confident about Wednesday whether it's Pittsburgh or Boston College. The only thing that worries me is that we beat both of them two times this year so we have to beat them a third time which as we all know it's pretty hard to do. also I wish we can just go into Duke supposing we get by the teams we should get by, play a full 40 minutes the way we can, diving for loose balls. you can't play half-assed expecting to win we don't have the talent for that against these top-heavy teams in this league.
I'n the ncaa's a lot of time the Zone works at our advantage because a lot of the times we we play teams that don't know much about how to attack the zone imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom