What did Marek do to get the flagrant? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What did Marek do to get the flagrant?

I think it was for pointing at the score board.
The ref had already called the foul for pointing at the replay. The ref walked to him heading to the scorers table.

If the ref rulled he was out and the Marek touched him then he is out.. But why was the ref on the court in that spot thats not his position to be in on the baseline.

It was the pointing. Refs don't like being what they consider shown up. Swear to God, I gasped when he pointed.

I gasped when I saw the original bad call then gasped again at the video replay of the bad call , I gasped a few seconds later again when I saw the double down tech call.

I gasped when I saw the original bad call then gasped again at the video replay of the bad call , I gasped a few seconds later again when I saw the double down tech call.

lol, I'm guessing some people gasped in this thread due to the what inspired me to make the Saturday Night's Main Event anology. I added my own gasp when I noticed it hadn't gotten any likes(despite getting far more than usual from other posts last night), and would have traded 20 others for 1 there, because I thought it was kind of an interesting point regarding the social dynamics or maybe even pecking order on here. I didn't even say anything like that it was 2 bad guy wrestlers or anything. ;)

So I just watched the game replay and saw that they did not show the replay we saw live in the dome where Marek was clearly inbounds but hit the freaking foot of the official that called it who was himself partially on the court. Holy freaking incompetence batman. And he T'd Marek up for pointing out how much he sucked?

Anger abounds on that call. Showing up the ref? do better

the hook and hold was a bad call. what he did was not by rule a hook and hold.

the T was a ref calling a T for no reason because he scrwed up a call.. as soon as he walked of the line he was calling the T which was way before he signaled it. thats juts being a bad ref not controlling his own emotions,.

It was a hook and hold. For the player who got caught up with him, he should be thankful that Marek isn't bigger or stronger or he'd be in a sling.

The tech that fouled him out was the right call. One thing to argue, it's another to show someone up.

It was a hook and hold. For the player who got caught up with him, he should be thankful that Marek isn't bigger or stronger or he'd be in a sling.

The tech that fouled him out was the right call. One thing to argue, it's another to show someone up.
The hook and hold was the absolute correct call. It’s been called that way all year. I wish they’d call it more.

the OOB call was wrong. I would hope the official swallows his whistle after the play..,.but I understand the “T”.

officiating was horse hockey all night long...including a couple of fouls we got away with down the stretch.

I wonder if we’ll see fewer controversial replays at the dome after last night. That would be unfortunate.

The hook and hold was the absolute correct call. It’s been called that way all year. I wish they’d call it more.
Considering both players were doing the same thing, why was it Marek’s and not the WF player’s?

The flagrant on the foul on Buddy is a subjective judgment call. Could go either way. Personally I didn’t think it was a flagrant.

The hook and hold is not subjective. Kind of like elbow contact above the shoulders.

The foul on Buddy was a yellow card in soccer. Cynical foul, no attempt to play the ball.

The foul on Buddy was a yellow card in soccer. Cynical foul, no attempt to play the ball.
This the key and the first thing I thought. Zero attempt on the ball. In fact, upon replay, you can plainly see the guy looked at Buddy and made a b line towards him and checked him out of bounds. Isn’t that a fairly well known rule, you have to go for the ball?

Either way, some really funny misses. Pretty sure Edwards close-lined a Wake player down the stretch, yikes! Maybe a makeup for some atrocities? Pure speculation on my part, but they really are all over the place and I’d rather watch the ballers, not the refs.

Very very strange. It almost looks like the ref is trying to tightrope the line to stay where he shouldn’t be- inbounds on the call. Was he upset that Marek got knocked backwards almost forcing him out of bounds - where he should have been in the first place? The ref sure didn’t want to move or be moved - weird, weird play and stranger call.

ACCrefsaDgkLJL2EMLa.gif

once he got hooked under the throat he pulled on the arm as he was being bent over. the 2 kids are almost the same height the box out should be much lower.. if he was stronger it wouldnt matter and he would run thru it that high

Looked like WF had ahold of Marek and Marek was trying to escape not pull.
No, it didn't

He did what he was accused of. Let it go people! It's one of the expected problems playing a 180 pound center against men. The skinny guy does whatever he thinks he needs to

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom