What happened to Carey? | Syracusefan.com

What happened to Carey?

SBU72

All Conference
When was the last time he played? Seems like they could at least have used his ball handling late against the press.

Looks way overrated to me. Can’t shoot doesn’t value the ball and is a turnover machine. He’s playing as much as he deserves. Tough love

He’s been a disruptive defensive force at times.

He will cut down the turnovers with seasoning.

He’s a heck of an athlete. He’ll be fine IMO.

He's got great fundamentals at the top of the zone. His arms are always out wide, cutting down angles, and he slides very well laterally.

He's got great fundamentals at the top of the zone. His arms are always out wide, cutting down angles, and he slides very well laterally.
Quick as heck and always looking for the best option. Even when he is messing up ,I bet the team is on the plus side.

Edit. When he is on the floor.

Buddy deserves the backup guard minutes as of now. No need to give Carey minutes for the sake of minutes.

He seriously needs to figure out how to shoot.

This reminds me of some of the posts on PC a couple of weeks ago.

There will be games where Buddy is of little use but Jalen makes a difference.

They are wildly different players and will fit wildly different situations.

This reminds me of some of the posts on PC a couple of weeks ago.

There will be games where Buddy is of little use but Jalen makes a difference.

They are wildly different players and will fit wildly different situations.
I can agree with the situational aspect but it was pretty eye opening that Buddy was in during Pitt’s desperation press. I’m not sure what situation Carey warrants PT over Buddy if not there, especially with Frank getting back to normal and Battle able to hold down primary ball handler for stretches.

I can agree with the situational aspect but it was pretty eye opening that Buddy was in during Pitt’s desperation press. I’m not sure what situation Carey warrants PT over Buddy if not there, especially with Frank getting back to normal and Battle able to hold down primary ball handler for stretches.

True, but Buddy was shooting well and one of the things that punishes a press is a wide open 3.

Admittedly, Jalen was not good on the handle vs Duke.

Also thought we just acknowledged that Pitt was faster and quicker than us and chose to bludgeon them with size.

Really? What about his game do you love? Honestly. He turns the ball over way too much and he isn't a good shooter. Will he get better? Most likely.
He pushes. Super active. Always looking.
I don't know th plus minus stuff, but we always seem to go on a run when he is on the floor.
Maybe just the change of pace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom