What happened to Carey? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What happened to Carey?

It seems to me that the legit programs are finding freshman that are producing from day 1. Syracuse has to do a better job of getting their young guys to produce earlier than they have of late.

Boeheim is risk averse because things like turnovers and extra possessions are essential to the zone. There are fewer possessions per game so he treats them more importantly. That means he doesn't have the patience for players to play through mistakes, especially when they are young. But letting them do that accelerates their development. It's a chicken or the egg kind of problem, but we've seen it for 20 years.

Last edited:
It's obvious, it's the ultimate in being "Boeheimed".

JB is exiling his best recruit and sabotaging the team just so he can play his kid.

As we all know, JB couldn't care less about winning or losing.
I was going to slam you until I realized you were being massively sarcastic. Now I applaud your post as brilliant.

Everyone should cut him some slack. Judging him based on minutes he played against the #1 team in the country in their home barn, in what is known to be an unnerving environment is a really tough way to judge a freshman.

Where did I judge him? In fact my post about him simply said I wasn’t worried about him. This post was just responding to a simple statement about PT.

The thing I like most about Jalen is that he rebounds. When was the last time Frank got a rebound that didn't bounce first. Jalen is fast and likes to push the ball but he doesn't know how to finish or make the right decision when there is a defender back. Only a freshman so no reason to write him off yet.

Plenty. Like 6 of them vs Duke.

He beat up Frankie too, until Frank escalated it pretty quickly.

Frank didn’t have a turnover during the 5 mins vs Jones. How’d he beat him up?

JB spoke about JC not playing in his press conference. Seems like a one-game thing. I believe he was taking advantage of the taller guards being able to shoot over Pitt's young, shorter guys. Plus he was testing out this idea of having Tyus take the ball up so other teams don't have time to deny him the ball. Jalen will be fine once he gets used to the pace of ACC play.

Am patient with Carey and Sidibe.
Yup. We've had a lot of great players not have meaningful minutes as underclassmen. Also, as our roster expands, not everyone is going to get minutes. It's the nature of the beast. No one needs to start speculating on anything.

Well see him again this year. Playing Buddy more against Pitt was a great call. If Frank is 100% there aren’t many guard minutes off the bench.

Last two games: 19 mins; zero points, 1assist and 7 TOs.

Buddy played really well today.

He’ll have his day.

Did Buddy have to bring the ball up the court on the road at Cameron with the best on the ball defender in the country harrassing him every dribble ?

Did Buddy have to bring the ball up the court on the road at Cameron with the best on the ball defender in the country harrassing him every dribble ?

Good point. A lot of comparisons on here are inevitably at least partly apples to oranges, not sure if pun was intended.

The thing I like most about Jalen is that he rebounds. When was the last time Frank got a rebound that didn't bounce first. Jalen is fast and likes to push the ball but he doesn't know how to finish or make the right decision when there is a defender back. Only a freshman so no reason to write him off yet.

No reason to try and make a decent point off of a fallacy. Frank actually does rebound fairly well, but Jalen attacks rebounds with a ferocity that I love. I saw Frank do something very similar in one of the last two games (can't remember right now, but it happened).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom