What happened to Carey? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What happened to Carey?

At the Duke game, Carey looked like didn't belong. I think he got his pocket picked at least once.

Carey will probably get our starting PG next year and I think he will be a very good player. FH didn't play a lot his fresh season.

Buddy hasn't played well in the regular season until the last 2-3 games. You can definitely argue Carey has shown more over the course of the year. He definitely gives you a lot more on Defense.
The last 2-3 games (ACC Games) are more important to me than some early season stuff.

It’s more about fit. We need a sniper out there way more than we need a penetrating guard.

For the record, I don’t think Carey is a bust. He clearly has talent. He also seems to need a year. Next years team, with shooters galore would seem to be a dream for a guy with his skill set.

Buddy hasn't played well in the regular season until the last 2-3 games. You can definitely argue Carey has shown more over the course of the year. He definitely gives you a lot more on Defense.
They are both reserve guards right now, but with vastly different skill sets and physical attributes. As many have pointed out, they will each have opportunities to contribute and shine this season, depending on circumstances, but that will vary from game to game. Barring injury or foul trouble, both will mainly play secondary roles this year because there are better and more experienced players ahead of them.

It's obvious, it's the ultimate in being "Boeheimed".

JB is exiling his best recruit and sabotaging the team just so he can play his kid.

As we all know, JB couldn't care less about winning or losing.

Last edited:
It was said that Buddy had two great practices this week where he was making everything.

Carey will get game time when he has solid practices.

It's obvious, it's the ultimate in being "Boeheimed".

JB is exiling his best recruit and sabotaging the team just so he can play his kid.

As we all know, JB couldn't care less about winning or losing.
I had to wipe off my computer screen with all the sarcasm dripping on it.

It seems to me that the legit programs are finding freshman that are producing from day 1. Syracuse has to do a better job of getting their young guys to produce earlier than they have of late.

At the Duke game, Carey looked like didn't belong. I think he got his pocket picked at least once.

Carey will probably get our starting PG next year and I think he will be a very good player. FH didn't play a lot his fresh season.

Might have been interesting to see Carey after Frankie hit Tre with the shoulder block. Cause Tre Jones has been known to pick the pockets of the best out there.

It seems to me that the legit programs are finding freshman that are producing from day 1. Syracuse has to do a better job of getting their young guys to produce earlier than they have of late.

We’ve had quite a few of them, and then they go pro right away before we ever see their best.

I’m starting to think we’d be better off getting guys who aren’t ready to do much until their soph/junior year, now that we have enough scholarships to give so that we have some depth again.

We’ve had quite a few of them, and then they go pro right away before we ever see their best.

I’m starting to think we’d be better off getting guys who aren’t ready to do much until their soph/junior year, now that we have enough scholarships to give so that we have some depth again.
Of course, if that happens, the recruiting board will be filled with complaints that the coaching staff can't land any big recruits.

Of course, if that happens, the recruiting board will be filled with complaints that the coaching staff can't land any big recruits.

I look forward to seeing Brissett,Hughes, Dolezaj, and Sidibe as juniors. Boeheim and Carey as sophs. The freshmen adding depth, with 1 or 2 contributing immediately. Those 2010 and 2012 teams had depth and experience. I see the program getting back to that.

Completely different positions, but Fab Melo was a high recruit who kinda stunk as a freshman but had the tools. It was night and day from freshman to sophomore. Carey has the raw athleticism, I think he could make a big jump next year.

Maybe that strategy works with elite talent but that’s not the case here. This could turn into kj2.0 if JB doesn’t keep him engaged.
Or he could be Dion 2.0.

The UConn game was a long time ago.

So Pitt is a legit program and we’re not?

That used to be JB’s bread and butter.

Might have been interesting to see Carey after Frankie hit Tre with the shoulder block. Cause Tre Jones has been known to pick the pockets of the best out there.

We did. Of Jalens 7 mins, less than 1 minute was when Jones was playing.

Carey has trouble bringing it up when anyone is on him.

The only concern would be that the coach spoke with Jalen about not getting PT.
Otherwise there's the potential for bad things.

Jalen will be a very good and exciting point guard for the Orange.

Not sure where that perspective is coming from?

2018-19 - We returned our top 5 minutes per game players from the year before, along with a transfer who was in the program for a year. Not much room to make a big impact.

2017-18 - OB started every game and played over 1400 minutes and looked good enough that people thought he would be NBA bound after this season.

2016-17 - Tyus started 25 games, played over 1000 minutes and scored 11.3 ppg.
Taurean Thompson started 21 games.

2015-16 - Malachai Richardson started all 37 games and averaged 13+ per game and was a first round draft pick.
Lydon didn't start but played well over 1100 minutes and averaged 10+ per game.

I would say our young guys have been doing a pretty good job producing over the last few years. It might be more about the veterans that haven't produced.

We did. Of Jalens 7 mins, less than 1 minute was when Jones was playing.

Everyone should cut him some slack. Judging him based on minutes he played against the #1 team in the country in their home barn, in what is known to be an unnerving environment is a really tough way to judge a freshman.

Everyone should cut him some slack. Judging him based on minutes he played against the #1 team in the country in their home barn, in what is known to be an unnerving environment is a really tough way to judge a freshman.
I agree with this. But if he is suppose to be a two and gone he should be more ready. It bothers me that it’s been predetermined that he’s leaving after next year for the nba.

The thing I like most about Jalen is that he rebounds. When was the last time Frank got a rebound that didn't bounce first. Jalen is fast and likes to push the ball but he doesn't know how to finish or make the right decision when there is a defender back. Only a freshman so no reason to write him off yet.

I agree with this. But if he is suppose to be a two and gone he should be more ready. It bothers me that it’s been predetermined that he’s leaving after next year for the nba.

Sometimes you have to take that with a grain of salt. Tyus was leaving after his sophomore year, until he didn’t.

Fair. Did people forget how poorly Oshae played there last season?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom