What happens to our NCAA credits? | Syracusefan.com

What happens to our NCAA credits?

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Since we receive money 2 (3?) years in arrears, do we have to leave our credits behind for monies earned in the NCAA Tournament? I know these things have been weighed in making the decision, but I would hate to pay the league $5M AND have to leave that on the table.

Anyone know what happened when the other teams left? Or heard what will happen this time?

Since we receive money 2 (3?) years in arrears, do we have to leave our credits behind for monies earned in the NCAA Tournament? I know these things have been weighed in making the decision, but I would hate to pay the league $5M AND have to leave that on the table.

Anyone know what happened when the other teams left? Or heard what will happen this time?

I would assume the credits would be used to negotiate out of or reduce the exit fee. I don't know the provisions of the conference affiliation agreement surrounding the splits, but presumably the Big East's obligation to share that money with us is as real as our obligation to give 27 months notice and/or pay the $5 million exit fee. Always easier for parties in a dispute to keep the monies they control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom