What if... | Syracusefan.com

What if...

He gone. Hopkins has a contract. If JB wants to stay on then how we have handled recruiting has been wrong.

He gone. Hopkins has a contract. If JB wants to stay on then how we have handled recruiting has been wrong.

So Syracuse tells him to go pound sand?

He shouldn't put Syracuse in that situation. He and Syverud made a joint announcement 2 years ago. He needs to go as he is 72 and isn't recruiting as hard as he used too.
That is noticeable on the recruiting trail. JB is done after next year.

Agree. He's also putting Hopkins in a tough position if this were to happen. I don't think he wants to retire.

If he were to pressure SU to let him keep coaching he'd be doing what Paterno did to Penn State. For the sake of his ego, their program got stale for the last 5 years. And then, you know what happened.

and what if coach K's health issues arise again next year and he retires. does JB think he can catch him ?

Boeheim wants to coach past 2018? How does Syracuse handle it?

Offer him a raise, and maybe put their brilliant minds and wallets to use to figure out how other schools manage to recruit.

With a smile on their face. Well, that's how I would. I'd like to see him coach another 5 years.

I had the radio on but somebody in the chat room said that the TV announcers said Hop was being considered for the Cal job. I don't know why he would go to Cal if he's about to get this job but if he took it, would JB stay or would we go to Autry or GMAC or being in somebody from outside?

I had the radio on but somebody in the chat room said that the TV announcers said Hop was being considered for the Cal job. I don't know why he would go to Cal if he's about to get this job but if he took it, would JB stay or would we go to Autry or GMAC or being in somebody from outside?

If Hop goes to Cal then I would hope we went outside Gmac or Autry. I think we'd be in very very bad trouble.

don't sweat it. hopkins has yet to land a job he's interviewed for. (except maybe st. bonaventure ?)

don't sweat it. hopkins has yet to land a job he's interviewed for. (except maybe st. bonaventure ?)
100% not true. Charlotte not only offered Hop the job but at an income about equal to what Jb was earning. the hold up was that Charlotte wanted a certain year commitment (I can't remember how long and Hop was afraid of missing his Syracuse opportunity).

There's a rumor he once nailed an interview in the food service industry during high school. I havent confirmed it though.

How the two clowns doing the game (one a Newhouse grad) could be so unaware of the succession plan and engage in that discussion was astounding.

How the two clowns doing the game (one a Newhouse grad) could be so unaware of the succession plan and engage in that discussion was astounding.
They were aware of it. I think they may know more about Hop's interest than we do.

They were aware of it. I think they may know more about Hop's interest than we do.
So you think Hop, by all reasonable evidence one year away from taking the SU helm, would choose to leave the nest now? I'm not buying it. And I'm not buying that those two doing the telecast are connected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom