what is absolutely shocking to me is that... | Syracusefan.com

what is absolutely shocking to me is that...

44PRIDE

All Conference
...even with an extra week of preparation, this is the best we could put on the field?

The fact is, we just don't have the talent. We are in dire need of skill position players.

groobers best class graduated and marrone hasnt recruited anything -

i was a fan -but this 4 game stretch with a team that looks like it quit on him has shaken my thinking

You can't coach up slow. It looks like we are running in mud. Add in the supposed reduced play book and voila what you see is what you get.

The fact is, we just don't have the talent. We are in dire need of skill position players.

The fact is its the head coaches job to get talent. Part of the gig he signed up for. That isn't an excuse!

Not to mention we have equal or better talent to teams like USF, Rutgers, UCONN, Cincy, and L''ville ...we lost to all of them! Not an excuse. This is all on Doug.

Sadly SU hired the wrong graduate - Tim Green coached and recruited better at Skaneateles than DM has at SU.

I'm not saying that we need to replace Doug. But I am saying his strategy needs a thorough rethink...

Hey, they put Hackett on the sideline...what more do you want after a bye!!!

I'm not saying that we need to replace Doug. But I am saying his strategy needs a thorough rethink...
Watching this year play it he is clearly too hard headed to adjust though. I see a lot of DeLeone in Doug. This has worked for years so we are doing it this way. Even after it fails 99 times, we will do it the 100th time because thats how I do things type of logic.

I have no faith in Doug changing his strategy

...even with an extra week of preparation, this is the best we could put on the field?

No kidding--what a joke.

This is a team that scored 3 points [or whatever] against Rutgers last week. We couldn't even slow them down. And other than the one drive, couldn't get anything generated offensively.

This is what we produced after a BYE week, with extra time to game plan / prepare??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom