What is JB talking about ? And Why would he saying anything ? | Syracusefan.com

What is JB talking about ? And Why would he saying anything ?

It isn't anything that we haven't talked about all year. We know that guys are going to leave. Some for professional basketball, others for more playing time. I think we will bring in guys as well.
I’m thinking turnover of 4

Woody
Ajak
Q
Griff
Marek

My best guess.

I could see Q coming back, but it should be interesting.
I think Griff and Q come back. I think Woody, Bol, Sidibe (injury won't let him come back), Marek will leave. I think there is a better than 50% chance Braswell and Jesse Edwards also exit. They have been getting more minutes recently so that may change. I also think there is a chance Joe heads out. I think there is going to be major turnover in this program and that is not a good sign. At all.

I think Griff and Q come back. I think Woody, Bol, Sidibe, Marek will leave. I think there is a better than 50% chance Braswell and Jesse Edwards also exit. They have been getting more minutes recently so that may change. I also think there is a chance Joe heads out. I think there is going to be major turnover in this program and that is not a good sign. At all.
I didn’t even think about Bras.
The bodies leaving issue an issue if we don’t get replacements, the problem is with our defense, a lot of newcomers doesn’t bode well for us. Next year may be difficult.

It isn't anything that we haven't talked about all year. We know that guys are going to leave. Some for professional basketball, others for more playing time. I think we will bring in guys as well.

Also, some are going to graduate. There will be attrition.

I didn’t even think about Bras.
The bodies leaving issue an issue if we don’t get replacements, the problem is with our defense, a lot of newcomers doesn’t bode well for us. Next year may be difficult.
Jimmy Jr would know the defense.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen,” Boeheim said. “This offseason, I think, will be one of the most dramatic changing of the guard and changing of personnel in our history and in college basketball history. I think there could be multiple guys leaving from virtually any program and you’re going to have no idea."

Maybe we can pick up a big or an extra PG for a PTBNL.

Sounds like Bourama is leaning towards coming back.

I see nothing wrong with JBs comments. This offseason could very well be out-and-out free agency, so who knows what to expect? It's unprecedented, especially if player are cleared to transfer without having to sit out on top of retaining the extra year of eligibility.

Woody seems like hed get some pt if all those other guys leave.

I loved the minutes he got early in the season. I didn't quite follow the saga of why they stopped. If he was injured and had other stuff going on, I hope he stays. Can't blame him if he doesn't if he got relegated to the bench for no reason.

OP spends all year doubting insiders who say big attrition is coming. Boeheim confirms it, OP is shocked. lol.
It's what he do.
1614961987019.gif

I loved the minutes he got early in the season. I didn't quite follow the saga of why they stopped. If he was injured and had other stuff going on, I hope he stays. Can't blame him if he doesn't if he got relegated to the bench for no reason.
Woody was outstanding in the early portion of the schedule. Who knows what his recovery from contracting COVID-19 was, or how impacted he was. But his non-return to the rotation is puzzling.

It will be a damned shame if Q and Woody leave.
Agree. You just hope that Woody gets a clear picture of where he stands coming into next year. Players rarely leave because they didn't play enough. they leave because they didn't play enough and there isn't a clear path to getting PT. If Woody knows he is getting good run next year he stays. If its unclear then he needs to look around.

Don't read too much into kids social media stuff but this was from Woody IG a few nights ago. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's gone.
Screenshot_20210303-004211_Instagram.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom