What is JB talking about ? And Why would he saying anything ? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What is JB talking about ? And Why would he saying anything ?

“I don’t know what’s going to happen,” Boeheim said. “This offseason, I think, will be one of the most dramatic changing of the guard and changing of personnel in our history and in college basketball history. I think there could be multiple guys leaving from virtually any program and you’re going to have no idea."

Maybe we can pick up a big or an extra PG for a PTBNL.

He was talking about college basketball and SU basketball in general.

Also "changing of guard and changing of personnel" does not sound like it's limited to just players? You think?

I didn’t even think about Bras.
The bodies leaving issue an issue if we don’t get replacements, the problem is with our defense, a lot of newcomers doesn’t bode well for us. Next year may be difficult.
I think a lot of the key pieces will come back. We’ll lose about 3-4 guys, as is usual.

Sounds like Bourama is leaning towards coming back.

I see nothing wrong with JBs comments. This offseason could very well be out-and-out free agency, so who knows what to expect? It's unprecedented, especially if player are cleared to transfer without having to sit out on top of retaining the extra year of eligibility.
I think the ncaa is making a huge mistake if they allow unlimited non-sit-out transfers.

I think the ncaa is making a huge mistake if they allow unlimited non-sit-out transfers.
Why? If ever there was a year to let it happen and learn from it, it’s right now when so much is wacky anyway. Let it be a clusterf for a year and then make whatever actual longer-term changes happen is a way that helps avoid that happenjng every offseason.

So with the undisclosed drama with Woody, we should assume "he gone", right?

It isn't anything that we haven't talked about all year. We know that guys are going to leave. Some for professional basketball, others for more playing time. I think we will bring in guys as well.
Yup. Typical for a lot of P5 schools nowadays.

Woody is unhappy about pt. Jb and him obviously got into it about it. Prob not much else to know, other than someone known to be reliable think hes gone. Thats too bad.
Nothing 1-800-FLOWERS can’t fix. One of them just has to swallow their pride and make the call. Mention my name and they will double your order.

Jb should have not said this. He knows the pulse of this town and base. People are not happy with the direction of the program to begin with and he puts turnover in roster out there for next year. Next year with adding Benny with who should be coming back could be a better year.

Jb should have not said this. He knows the pulse of this town and base. People are not happy with the direction of the program to begin with and he puts turnover in roster out there for next year. Next year with adding Benny with who should be coming back could be a better year.

On the list of things he shouldn't have said over the last couple of years, this is pretty far down.

Also, given our lack of success in closing the deal on the higher profile kids who committed to SU over the last couple of years, I'm not holding my breath on Benny until he's on campus.

On the list of things he shouldn't have said over the last couple of years, this is pretty far down.

Also, given our lack of success in closing the deal on the higher profile kids who committed to SU over the last couple of years, I'm not holding my breath on Benny until he's on campus.
Yeah... there is turnover yearly but this year I expect it to be common across entire landscape of bball.

Maybe JB didn't say it. I wouldn't put it past that no good Matthew Guitarz to call the Post Standard and pretend to be JB and say things to hurt the progarm.

Interesting situation w/ Benny coming in. From what I gather, he's friends w/ Woody going way back so I'm sure he's not hearing great things about JB from Woody. On the other hand, Benny's going to jump ahead of Woody from the get-go. Awkward.

Sounds like JB knows players are pissed and have been talking about transferring. But, JB wants to distribute the blame around to 'the pandemic and new rules.'

Woody didn’t do himself any favors when he got some recent time and immediately jacked up some bad shots.
Yes...because 3 minutes every 4th game is more than enough to show worth, amirite?
JB has buried this kid- and unless there’s some medical or other issue we don’t know about, it doesn’t seem to make sense.
He played well earlier this year & deserved better, IMO. Let’s not blame the victim.

Last edited:
It did
We really miss Hop and his charisma. Our assistant coaches don’t seem to excel at the good cop role and keeping kids motivated and encouraged that their time will come and to be patient. Hop was great at this. Allen Griffin is the poster boy for a senior year revival after getting demoted. He needs to be more effective at using his real-life experiences to communicate that the future looks bright for a kid like Woody and to be an intermediary between him and JB. Woody has a chance to be a star here one day. He could stand to hear from guys like Coleman and Etan, too.

Yes...because 3 minutes every 4th game is more then enough to show worth, amirite?
JB has buried this kid- and unless there’s some medical or other issue we don’t know about, it doesn’t seem to make sense.
He played well earlier this year & deserved better, IMO. Let’s not blame the victim.

no, but when you finally do get a chance to play you shouldn't immediately go in and do bad things or make bad decisions. thanks for clarifying you've never played sports before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom