What is Pasqualoni wasn't fired? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What is Pasqualoni wasn't fired?

P should have been given another year and any reasonable person, with all the facts in front of them, would agree.
1. retain all those recruits (ray rice)
2. you don't fire a coach that late in the season when there is no good candidates available
3. the AD should be given some time to make an informed decision vs what they see in a bowl game
4. P should have been given the benefit of the doubt with the success he had over the 13 year period (in hindsight, he should have a statue in front of the dome).

Not sure why we argue this anymore. WE KNOW the alternative was bad. The status quo would have been better in 2005. I'm no P apologist but the facts are the facts as of Dec 2004 and whether that was the time to get rid of him.

Keeping P for one more year was not an option. You can't go into a season with a lame duck coach.

#1 No kid with other BCS options is going to commit to a team where the head coach may not be there next year. I'm not so sure Rice sticks around if P is in lame duck status.
#2 I agree where they screwed up was deciding way too late to make a change.
#3 The AD transition was also screwed up by taking place in the middle of the academic year. Gross should have taken over the summer before or after.
#4 He had a good run but a statue...I don't think so.

Another year of P? Some of you obviously haven't been to the Uconn board, he's only in his 2nd season and they are already seeing what a lot of us saw his last few seasons here. His loyalty to Deleone was maddening, the offense was ridiculously predictable. Someone mentioned his last year here we went to a bowl, but what they failed to mention was in that bowl we were embarrassed, badly. I remember Mike Tirico calling that game and man he couldn't believe how bad we looked, he was almost speechless to the point of tears. It was P's time to go, we had some good years, but the last few were really hard to stomach.

We really need to get past P, that ship has sailed, the question is are we still believing that Marrone is the answer, and if not, what next?
exactly, as you recall accurately we became a national joke WHEN P was still here. And the game most forget on National tv that solidified it was against WVU when the announcers ripped us a new one. GRob just kept it going and dragged us down even further. And as much as I don't like what's happening now I won't complain a bit if DM gets his 5th year to continue the march back (which assumes we win a few more this year)

Turn on Sunday Night Football and see 2 of P's recruits having huge impacts in the game. Rice and Gregory, I'd say he still had recruiting potential even though we got blown out in our bowl game
Does that mean GRob was great because Chandler Jones is one of the better rookies in the NFL this year? No. Firing P was the right move. Making the wrong move by hiring GRob doesn't change that.

images

images

images

images

images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online