What is your Mount Rushmore for Syracuse sports moments you've experienced? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What is your Mount Rushmore for Syracuse sports moments you've experienced?

1.) Hakim block/2003 championship
2.) Michael Owens 2 point conversion WVU in 87 (total bedlam at the Dome)
3.) Wallace to Cipolla and Wallace 3 vs Georgia, 1996 tourney
4.) 6 OTs

Some Honorable mentions:
—Virginia comeback in Elite Eight, 2016
—Elite Eight win against #1 UNC, 1987
—Sweet 16 victory over #1 Indiana in 2013
—Marquette Elite Eight win
—Gtown victory Sherman’s final home game, 1989
—John Thompson ejection/1990 OT win over Gtown.
—Big East title win at MSG against Nova, 1989, Sherm MVP (I was there)
—Gmac buzzer beaters in BET and pass to Devo to beat Gtown.
—CJ dunk over Otto Porter in final BET
—Leo Rautins tip-in in triple OT, 1981 BET (I was there)
—McNabb to Brominski, Va Tech
—McPherson bomb to Rob Moore to open Penn State victory 1987
—beating Michigan at the Big House

In a way, I actually found that 2006 UConn game to be a smidge more exhilarating than the 6OT game. We were playing for our tourney lives there and I think most of us were mentally prepared for the NIT prior to the Cincy game. Whereas in 2009 it was just playing for seeding.

It was just a monumental upset. They absolutely destroyed us twice in the regular season.
Yeah, I remember it just being a shocking upset. The way I remember it, Roberts, Nichols, and Watkins competed like maniacs in the paint on defense and had great games on offense, and Gerry hit the big shot.

Josh Wright gave us some key good bench minutes in that one and the Pitt game.

This is really, really hard.

• SU beating UNC in the 1987 quarterfinals to go to the F4 -- one of the most exciting / best games I've ever seen live
  • Beating Penn State in 1986 -- signifying that we were back
  • Beating Georgetown in 1989 -- Sherman Douglas's last game in the Dome, never heard the Dome louder, most exciting game I've ever been to
  • Winning it all in 2003

Can't believe that there aren't more football / lax. So many great memories!

McNabb to Brominski is the best one I attended live. If you lived in Northern Virginia at the time, swarmed by Hokie locusts, it was even more special.

2003 natty is my favorite Cuse thing of all. Nothing beats a natty.

1991 Florida and Dar Dar has to be on there because it was my freshman year when all this started.

Maybe Kansas in 1996, slightly over Georgia. Only because it kicked off what was one of this most fun days I’ve ever had, completely unscheduled on a Sunday afternoon.

Under the radar honorable mention. Gator Bowl after the 95 season. Clemson fans in Jacksonville were generally nice but couldn’t have been more disrespectful when it came to our football program. One of the biggest beatdowns I’ve seen from us and I enjoyed every second of it.

- Melvin Tuten's missed dunk
- Eric Dungey's ninja kick
- Hopkins kissing Moten on the cheek at the foul line
- Charley Steiner punching Otto the Orange

Someone beat me to Kirby Dar Dar vs Florida in 1991. Forgot about the same play working against Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl.

Honorable mention- I know this doesnt necessarily fit the theme, but the game against No. 1 Miami in 1992 where Gedney is tackled just short of the goal line on the last play of the game was, to this day, the most intense sporting event I have ever been to, including 2003 FF, the World Series, NBA/ NHL/NFL playoff games.
Also the Kickoff Classic where we destroyed Ron Dayne’s Wisconsin team. We looked like the best team in CFB that day.

That 2009 Lax Final was insane.

FB would have to be a Bowl (2 Pinstripes or Texas) or a 1998 game (Michigan, VA Tech, Miami).

BBall would have to be a BET (2004, 2005, 2013) or a 30k crowd.

I guess I would take 2 from FB, one from BBall, and that Lax game.

Here's the Mount Rushmore of Syracuse gifs I've experienced:

Floyd Little doing the cabbage patch
Jim Boeheim giving the finger in a convertible
Scott Shafer yelling at Dabo
Eric Dungey dumping grape soda over his head

So many TV moments, so I'll limit to live:

1. First Atlantis appearance. All three games were great. Most fun week of sports in my life.
2. Georgetown game where JT was ejected. The Dome was going nuts the whole game and I was in the nosebleed seats, but it didn't matter.
3. Pinstripe Bowl against KSU tied with Texas Bowl against Minnesota. Both were close exciting games that ended in victory. And I had my kids with me which made it more special.

If I had to expand to TV experiences, the 6 OT game take the cake. The fact that I was on the edge of my seat for sooooooo long just doesn't compare to anything else -- even 2003. Natty is a close second. Then probably WVU 87 (which was a radio experience for me). UVA comeback was pretty cool too, as I watched it in the middle of an airline concourse in Fort Lauderdale with a growing crowd of Syracuse supporters going crazy.

1.) Hakim block/2003 championship
2.) Michael Owens 2 point conversion WVU in 87 (total bedlam at the Dome)
3.) Wallace to Cipolla and Wallace 3 vs Georgia, 1996 tourney
4.) 6 OTs

Some Honorable mentions:
—Virginia comeback in Elite Eight, 2016
—Elite Eight win against #1 UNC, 1987
—Sweet 16 victory over #1 Indiana in 2013
—Marquette Elite Eight win
—Gtown victory Sherman’s final home game, 1989
—John Thompson ejection/1990 OT win over Gtown.
—Big East title win at MSG against Nova, 1989, Sherm MVP (I was there)
—Gmac buzzer beaters in BET and pass to Devo to beat Gtown.
—CJ dunk over Otto Porter in final BET
—Leo Rautins tip-in in triple OT, 1981 BET (I was there)
—McNabb to Brominski, Va Tech
—McPherson bomb to Rob Moore to open Penn State victory 1987
—beating Michigan at the Big House
That's not a Mt Rushmore, that is more like a mountain range.

Any Mt Rushmore that doesn't include the "I paid a witch doctor for a love potion which didn't work and how do I get my money back?" thread is invalid.

Hahaha I didn’t forget that…but I tried to limit it to this specific incarnation.