What the police investigating? | Syracusefan.com

What the police investigating?

FortyFourCT

2017 Iggy Award Winner
If the SOL has run out, then has anybody said exactly what the police are investigating? This has me concerned more than anything, but I haven't seen anything about it.

I believe they are seeing if anybody else will come forward.

I think they will check to see if they can find any accusers over the recent past. If they can't, the story ends. At least from the police side.

If the SOL has run out, then has anybody said exactly what the police are investigating? This has me concerned more than anything, but I haven't seen anything about it.
They are investigating why they told the accuser the Statute of Limitations for molestation had expired by 2003 but failed to mention the fact the five year Statute of Limitations for sexual assault had not expired for acts Bernie allegedly committed when Davis was 26 and 27 years old. In other words, they need to look into why they failed to investigate alleged crimes they should have looked into. To my knowledge no media outlet has picked up on this.

They are investigating why they told the accuser the Statute of Limitations for molestation had expired by 2003 but failed to mention the fact the five year Statute of Limitations for sexual assault had not expired for acts Bernie allegedly committed when Davis was 26 and 27 years old. In other words, they need to look into why they failed to investigate alleged crimes they should have looked into. To my knowledge no media outlet has picked up on this.

Would it be considered sexual assault at 26 and 27 years old? Not questioning you, just curious.

Would it be considered sexual assault at 26 and 27 years old? Not questioning you, just curious.
I take back what I said. Forcible touching is two years SOL. So the police gave the right infor.

But they are over now correct? Isn't 2003 over 5 years also? So anything that has happened is passed the SOL correct? The only thing they can be doing is looking for current victims correct?

The only thing they can be doing is looking for current victims correct?
I'm hoping the PD can definitively answer this soon. Or, I hope someone who has knowledge/experience with such cases can at least offer insight.

They're covering their asses, & leaving no stone unturned, unlike the PSU cops.
If the public asks, "what did the police do", they can say "We conducted a new investigation, & found nothing criminal".
That way, Bernie Fine would be exonerated. Better that then, "The SOL no longer applies".
Potential child sexual abuse is too volatile to leave it there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom