What tv show has the best season ever???? | Syracusefan.com

What tv show has the best season ever????

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
I just got through watching 24 season one and was blown away. Just Amazing, they had enough in one season to make it a entire series.

Man, that was tough to word. I couldn't find a way to use the words single or one without it sounding like a show that only went one season.

Season 4 of The Wire.

It's absolutely astonishing.

EDIT: Somehow it feels right that my 10,000th post would be a rave about The Wire.
Excellent choice. "man, money don't got no owners only spenders."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Have you seen season 4 of Breaking Bad? That'd be my nominee.
I have. As I've mentioned in other threads, Breaking Bad is #2 on my list for overall series.

Season 4 of The Wire is the hands down finest season of television I've ever seen. It's flawless, incredibly compelling, perfectly acted and written, and heartbreaking while giving you a few moments of hope and triumph, however few and far between they are. It's just amazing.

The first few seasons of 24 were riveting, agreed. They were certainly the "fastest hour" on TV I can recall. I have never watched "Breaking Bad" or "The Wire."

I'm addicted to Breaking Bad.Currently Watching the whole series on netflix. Marathon sessions .

The first few seasons of 24 were riveting, agreed. They were certainly the "fastest hour" on TV I can recall. I have never watched "Breaking Bad" or "The Wire."
You need to get on both of those, ASAP. Breaking Bad is available on Netflix, except for this last little run of eight episodes or so. If you have HBO, you can log into HBO GO to watch The Wire.

Just as an FYI about The Wire, if you ever decide to watch it, it is definitely a slow burn. It takes its time setting up the plot and letting you get to know the characters. I always tell people to give it three episodes. It really is like a novel in that regard. The first chapter or two are introducing you to the world, and then it dives in and just becomes incredibly compelling. It has the widest, most well thought out and written cast of characters I've ever seen. There are no throwaway characters, everyone is unique and has quirks and motivations for everything they do. The attention to detail is remarkable.

Plus, you have to love a show that can give you a five minute scene of two detectives investigating a murder scene using only variations of the word "F ..." (episode four). It's amazingly well written considering it's the most vulgar scene I've ever watched.

Season 4 is usually the best of a lot of series

Dexter
Seinfeld
The Sopranos

season 4 the trailer park boys was epic. a lot of purists thought the show jumped the shark with the "conkey" episode but i thought it was classic.

Season 4 is usually the best of a lot of series

Dexter
Seinfeld
The Sopranos
I didn't think S04 of Sopranos was on par with S02 or S05 - I'm not aware of the overarching critical / fan ranking but my personal opinion is that 04 was the median.

I didn't think S04 of Sopranos was on par with S02 or S05 - I'm not aware of the overarching critical / fan ranking but my personal opinion is that 04 was the median.

Season 2 might have been better, more action

Breaking Bad was so good start to finish I almost take it out of a single season conversation. Same with Deadwood. Season 4 of Dexter would prob be my pick for best single season of a show that maybe never quite hit that peak again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom