What's everybody's holiday drink tonight? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What's everybody's holiday drink tonight?

Plenty of beer cooking the roast beast, plenty of Sonoma Valley wine with dinner and of course plenty of Bailey's on the rocks with dessert and opening presents with the extended not immediate family. DD's only upon exit and arguing forbidden. Cider House Rules.

mcnuggets are best for the 3am munchies to help soak up some of the alcohol.. or getting a pizza or a pita. Good ole memories on the Hill. During the hangover that is a mortal sin. Always some liquor and something like toast.
The best late night alcohol sponge was a slice from either Acropolis or ZJs. I always preferred ZJs (and whatever it was called before it became ZJs, the pie was basically the same).

Also:

"What's a ZJ?"
"If you have to ask, big man, you can't afford it."

What, ya run out of Sailor Jerry, again? ;)

Lol well i didnt reup last time i finished a bottle. My wife may have mentioned that i had been drinking it straight for 3 months and beginning to believe thst i actualy was a sailor. I laughed at that but then she threatened the applesauce supply and it seemed a good time to work on managing my alcoholism again. so been chillin off any straight liqour the last few weeks.

I'm desperately trying to find some place that still has the limited release DogFishHead World Wide Stout, but striking out so far.

Failing that I will go with TMI Bitter Chocolate Stout and/or TMI Double Detonation IPA. Homebrew FTW!

(oh, and I'll probably close out the night with a Laguantis Brown Shugga!)

The best late night alcohol sponge was a slice from either Acropolis or ZJs. I always preferred ZJs (and whatever it was called before it became ZJs, the pie was basically the same).

Also:

"What's a ZJ?"
"If you have to ask, big man, you can't afford it."

Concur.. usually acropolis or pita pit for me.

I'm desperately trying to find some place that still has the limited release DogFishHead World Wide Stout, but striking out so far.

Failing that I will go with TMI Bitter Chocolate Stout and/or TMI Double Detonation IPA. Homebrew FTW!

Nice. I tried home brewing earlier in the year and the wife couldnt stand the smell. Dont have a room to isolate it for now. Hopefully someday.

When I really drank a lot I would make one last drink of whatever I was having (usually rum and coke) sip it and leave on the night stand. Then I would slug it in the morning. It did two things, took the horrible sober edge off and let me know how deep I really was the night before. Sometimes it was like a splash of coke two melted ice cubes and all rum.

What is this limited release WWS you speak of?! I thoroughly enjoy the regular version.

Jim beam and cherry coke. Or beer. Or both.
Dang, cuz. Never thought of that cherry coke trick. You see everything, don't you?
seinfeld-babu-court.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom